Greasy Lake Community

netflex- any recomendations ?

4 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Was it Black Summer?

By the way, I should have mentioned that Picard isn't on Netflix.

Z nation.

Oh bugga

Oh well we'll track it down sooner or latter 

Thanks anyway, its nice to hear good things about it 

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've discovered a show on netflix called Springsteen On Broadway, it's about a rock and roll superstar. I recommend it, I've watched it 18 times already.

good news Kominsky Method season 2 on October 25th (probably not in HobbitLand for Daisey though)

Yeah, great stuff. Great writing, and great performances from that young cast.

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Tell him Black Summer is from the same source material as Z Nation (the Z Nation comic book), but without the comedy aspect of that show.

:lol:Oh

but the comedy was the only thing i liked wheather guesser :lol:

Dead Set is another funny zombie series. It follows the contestants in the Big Brother house while the zombie apocalypse begins in the outside world. It's a one-season mini series, bloody and funny. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Dead Set is another funny zombie series. It follows the contestants in the Big Brother house while the zombie apocalypse begins in the outside world. It's a one-season mini series, bloody and funny. 

I may have seen that or more like a NZ rip off of it

But it was more surviver than big brother 

This is why the crown disappoints me

Almost all the main characters are still living and have real feelings even if we only see their stiff upper lip

https://i.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv-radio/119105420/the-crown-scene-that-left-prince-philip-very-upset

Anyone watching The Stranger? Based on a Harlan Cobden novel and starts off with Dad and two kids in the care listening to Bruce!

Watched two episodes last night and I am hooked. I've read the book, but there's lots I don't remember, so it's ok.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, whispered secret said:

Anyone watching The Stranger? Based on a Harlan Cobden novel and starts off with Dad and two kids in the care listening to Bruce!

Watched two episodes last night and I am hooked. I've read the book, but there's lots I don't remember, so it's ok.

I started it after watching the trailer because the premise reminded me of Unsatisfied Heart; a stranger showing up with a secret and changing your life, so I was amused when the episode opened with Bruce.

• Thanks 1

People who watch Vera suggested that The Stranger would be another good one. I've watched it over the past two days and it is as gripping - or more so - than Line Of Duty.

As long as you don't think too hard about the ending. 

• Like 1
On 1/27/2020 at 8:41 AM, Jerseyfornia said:

I really like that. I think it’s Charlie Brooker’s first tv series. I think I remember him saying somewhere that the show was one big metaphor about how consumerism turns everyone into zombies.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Eileen said:

People who watch Vera suggested that The Stranger would be another good one. I've watched it over the past two days and it is as gripping - or more so - than Line Of Duty.

As long as you don't think too hard about the ending. 

Have you read any of his books? I really like them, although you often have to suspend belief! The books are all set in NJ, whereas the two tv series I have seen have both been set in England, which feels a bit strange. Just read about another one which is in French and starts on More 4 on Friday.

1 minute ago, Eileen said:

I'd never heard of him until now.

He has written loads, all fairly similar but with lots of plot twists which keep you guessing. I really like them for a bit of escapism. Usually a Bruce reference in there somewhere.

• Like 1

The Stranger stars the lovely and talented Richard Armitage. I had the pleasure of meeting him when he did promotional stuff for The Hobbit in Toronto. I also saw him in the play, Love, Love, Love in NYC. 

• Like 3

I started it, initially thought it was going to be too soapy or some such thing, but it got better fairly quick and I'll keep going tonight.  

I've heard Bruce twice already in a matter of four episodes. 

55 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

How is that Jim?

Interesting so far. Remember, she’s only 30 now, and has been in the public spotlight for around 15 years. Amazing talent.

20 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Schittsville?

Shittz creek :lol:

Sorry confused with the village i used to work in :lol:

• Haha 1
On 2/2/2020 at 2:26 AM, whispered secret said:

Loved it. But I don't think Richard Armitage ('Adam') can act for toffee. And Dennis Pennis was totally miscast as the villainous copper.

The new Adam Sandler film, Uncut Gem, is great, if a little frenetic in places. Don't often see Sandler in a straight, dramatic role, but he's great.

Keeps up the tension until the very very end.