Sign in to follow this  
Daisey Jeep

netflex- any recomendations ?

25 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

The new Adam Sandler film, Uncut Gem, is great, if a little frenetic in places. Don't often see Sandler in a straight, dramatic role, but he's great.

Keeps up the tension until the very very end.

This has had excellent reviews

I keep meaning to put in on my list 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Promise61 said:

The new Adam Sandler film, Uncut Gem, is great, if a little frenetic in places. Don't often see Sandler in a straight, dramatic role, but he's great.

Keeps up the tension until the very very end.

That's on our list. Need to finish The Stranger first though!

On 2/2/2020 at 7:26 AM, whispered secret said:

Anyone watching The Stranger? Based on a Harlan Cobden novel and starts off with Dad and two kids in the care listening to Bruce!

Watched two episodes last night and I am hooked. I've read the book, but there's lots I don't remember, so it's ok.

I've watched 4 episodes of The Stranger so far.  Really enjoying it.  Let's hope I won't be let down by a weak ending like I was with the David Tennant thingy the other day ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

I've watched 4 episodes of The Stranger so far.  Really enjoying it.  Let's hope I won't be let down by a weak ending like I was with the David Tennant thing the other day ;)

You won't be disappointed.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Eileen said:

You won't be disappointed.

Finished it now.  I didn't see THAT coming! :lol: Great series.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

Finished it now.  I didn't see THAT coming! :lol: Great series.

Kate's watching it at the moment - I think she's just over half-way through. Can't wait til she finishes it.

On 1/7/2020 at 7:44 AM, janeymarywendy said:

I'm trying to post a picture of Sully (Tom Hanks) but the image won't upload (it's in a queue?).  Anyway, I enjoyed it, nothing spectacular (even though the story itself is, of course, spectacular!) and Tom Hanks is always a good watch.

The muscle on the Hudson 

I just watched it again 

I enjoy it more and need more tissues each time i see it

24 minutes and all those passengers and crew were safe 

NYC's finest  

• Like 1

'Vault' is excellent. Based on a true story from the 70s where some villains try to steal Mafia money. Keeps it fresh and exciting all the way through to the twisty ending.

• Like 1

Locke key

Really awsome

Not scary- i think because like Twilight the 'baddie' is attractive 

Without giving away too much of the plot 3 kids are moved to their late father/husband's family home with theur mum after their father who was a high school guidance councillor  was murdered by a class mate of the oldest boy  

On the first night the youngest boy wanders over to the old well house and squishes through the gate and yells down the well.....and he hears an 'echo ' talk back to him, he thinks someone is trapped in the well but when he gets his family to come help nobody beleaves him

Anyway anyway then back in the house the boy hears whispering and he finds the first in a series of keys that unlock doors that do mysterious things ....

The first key unlocks the well house gate

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNzUvMTE0L2kzMDAvTEtfcG9zdGVyXzIuanBnPzE1ODA4NTUxMzg=-1.jpg

• Like 2

I've just watched Thunder Road. Magnificent! Forget about Thunder Road after the first bit cos it's wonderful without that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Eileen said:

I've just watched Thunder Road. Magnificent! Forget about Thunder Road after the first bit cos it's wonderful without that.

Aye.  Watched it twice and probably go back for thirds.

Jim Cummings is incredible.

Just now, Promise61 said:

Aye.  Watched it twice and probably go back for thirds.

Jim Cummings is incredible.

I'll be watching it again. Soon. I probably missed stuff first time round.

On 2/4/2020 at 9:24 PM, janeymarywendy said:

I've watched 4 episodes of The Stranger so far.  Really enjoying it.  Let's hope I won't be let down by a weak ending like I was with the David Tennant thingy the other day ;)

Finished it as well. Really enjoyed it and it had a proper ending!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Eileen said:

Doesn't seem to be available in NZ

It won't even come up

• Sad 1

Can't shake the feeling that I've seen it before. Thankfully, sort of, my lack of memory (in some cases) allows me to watch and read stuff more than once. :)

• Haha 1

I've just discovered today and been enjoying Still Game.

th?id=OIP.4IIixuGQnAOFZr8tU3_53AHaDt&pid

It's the first Scottish show I've seen and the first English language show I've ever had to watch with the subtitles on.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jerseyfornia said:

I've just discovered today and been enjoying Still Game.

th?id=OIP.4IIixuGQnAOFZr8tU3_53AHaDt&pid

It's the first Scottish show I've seen and the first English language show I've ever had to watch with the subtitles on.

Great series, I suggest you watch them in order, my favourite was the wedding with winston tying the knot, it captures all that is good about Scottish nature and community, and certainly leave the final episode to be your final episode great ending (sadly).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Great series, I suggest you watch them in order, my favourite was the wedding with winston tying the knot, it captures all that is good about Scottish nature and community, and certainly leave the final episode to be your final episode great ending (sadly).

Yeah, I'm watching in order. I'm happy to say that five episodes in, I can understand them without the subtitles.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This could have gone under films, but it's on Netflix, so ....

The Death Of Stalin

Satirical take on the confusion in the Politburo following the death of Stalin.  Very black humour while still acknowledging the atrocities that went on, and it won't be for everyone, especially if you cringe at profane language.   A look at the full cast may tempt you though!  Some of our very best comic actors, and Jason Isaacs is a scene-stealer as Field Marshal Zhukov.

Anyway I enjoyed it.

• Like 3

Uppity - the Willy T Ribbs story

I had no idea what uppity might refer to and i freely admit i started watching it becsuse i enjoy looking at a man in a boiler suit

I had never heard of Willy T Ribbs

It was a great story with all the emotions 

I grew up watching cricket when some of the best players where West Indian, Pakistani, Indian so i never saw a colour bar in sport - i mean just go check out the All Blacks !!!

So when Lewis Hamilton came along it never even registered to be he was not white

But you gotta have a rich daddy to do well in motor sport - just ask Gary's son how far you can go without one :(

Willy came from a hardworking blue collar family where hard work (the plumbing bussiness) had really paid off but being comfortable isn't nearly enough

The racism of the mechanics who basically put his life in danger by being non helpful i just can't understand

His career was littered with closed doors from the formula one team who's boss wanted an Italian driver to manufactures who just turned a blind eye when any other driver would have got a new engine 

https://www.netflix.com/title/81232163?s=a&trkid=13747225&t=cp

220px-WillyTRibbs.jpg

Has the mini documentary series, The Pharmacist been mentioned yet?

A fascinating and sad insight into the legal opioid problem in America.  Yet another example of how big business (Purdue Pharma) are ruthless in their pursuit of profit, regardless of the destruction of lives and communities.

Fascinating stuff.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Has the mini documentary series, The Pharmacist been mentioned yet?

A fascinating and sad insight into the legal opioid problem in America.  Yet another example of how big business (Purdue Pharma) are ruthless in their pursuit of profit, regardless of the destruction of lives and communities.

Fascinating stuff.

I reckon this will be next on my list, after I've finished watching Dead To Me :)

Flavorful origions

Its in Manderin so i suggest english subtitles

Delightfully short little episodes of weird and wonderful culinary delights from China - 12 minutes long so you don't get bored

I kind of wonder if its part of offical propaganda because its really pretty and clean and colourful and my friend who has the Chinese wife visits parts not on the tourist map, often being the only westerner  and he says its just not like that 

Still its hard to not like these people and wish them well

Alot of stuff i would not try but interesting none the less

The manderin (orange) and tamarillo episodes i would have happily tried i guess because they are familiar ingredients 

Also the fremented food is very interesting 

downloadfile-1.jpg

Flavorful-Origins-Chaoshan-Cuisine-1024x675.jpg

0bx1k8k55eo31.jpg

tofu_cakes_chaoshan.jpg

flavorful-origins_80991060.jpg

image.png.baa6ece13c314d0e3af18566d01773b3.png

Brilliant! Linda Cardellini (I really liked her in Bloodline too) and Christina Applegate are so good.  Black humour, indeed :lol:

There must be a second series coming?