Greasy Lake Community

netflex- any recomendations ?

I just watched both seasons of the Aussie instant hotel

Its a condition reality shit thing for owners of air nub - is that what its called ?

Anyway i watched the 2nd series first and it was so much better

I just watches it for the decore really 

In the first series where the fornat was a bit different they had such bitchy people 

I always like the salt of the earth types

In series 2 i throughly recomend checking out the couple who converted a commercial garage workshop building into a shrine to Americana in Barossa (a wine region)

It was so well done

I think its eposode 2

It was miraculously clean

Alot of the pieces had been imported from the states. It was very well done and i cant find a picture that does it justice

r46_0_889_428_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

155_Angaston_Road_Nuriootpa_5_bciwyz.jpg

downloadfile-3.jpg

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've discovered a show on netflix called Springsteen On Broadway, it's about a rock and roll superstar. I recommend it, I've watched it 18 times already.

good news Kominsky Method season 2 on October 25th (probably not in HobbitLand for Daisey though)

'Ozark'...excellent show.  Jason Bateman is so good in this.  So is Laura Linney.

Posted Images

On 2/10/2020 at 9:34 PM, Promise61 said:

Has the mini documentary series, The Pharmacist been mentioned yet?

A fascinating and sad insight into the legal opioid problem in America.  Yet another example of how big business (Purdue Pharma) are ruthless in their pursuit of profit, regardless of the destruction of lives and communities.

Fascinating stuff.

Watched it all.  Frightening and grim. The dad never gave up, did he?

• Sad 1

Took a punt on another Harlan Coben series, Safe.

Much better than The Stranger, but also suffers from plot lines that have nothing to do with the actual plot.

Also, the leading male is totally miscast.  A Thunderbird puppet with one facial expression.

Worth a go, though.

On 11/29/2019 at 4:49 PM, janeymarywendy said:

image.png.018592a560ca1a3f94a26c5e2eab30c5.png

I don't think this is a book as well, but it would make a good read.  I enjoyed it.  Bit of a twist at the end.

:) I prefered The Stranger. Those dotty neighbours (where the party was held) were so over the top - but maybe they were meant to be. They irritated me.

1 hour ago, janeymarywendy said:

:) I prefered The Stranger. Those dotty neighbours (where the party was held) were so over the top - but maybe they were meant to be. They irritated me.

I preferred The Stranger too.

Watched one episode of Just One Look, on More4, not Netflix so probably shouldn't be on this thread, but it is another Harlan Coben. Not sure about it, will try one more episode and see.

2 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Took a punt on another Harlan Coben series, Safe.

Much better than The Stranger, but also suffers from plot lines that have nothing to do with the actual plot.

Also, the leading male is totally miscast.  A Thunderbird puppet with one facial expression.

Worth a go, though.

I've started watching that despite myself.  Those series are a bit like junk food, they are all right when you're consuming them, but afterwards you feel unsatisfied and a little grubby and despise yourself a bit.  Because you could have eaten watched something much better in its place.

I quite like that they take a US story and set it in the UK for us though.  Makes a nice change as it usually goes the other way.

• Like 2

Oh no ! :(

I finished Shitt$ creek

Honestly it got better and better and all the characters got nicer and nicer

5 hours ago, whispered secret said:

Has anyone mentioned Sex Education? I am sure they must have, but I don't recall. Anyway, I think it is really good - the first episode I didn't like much, but was persuaded to stick with it and am pleased I did.

I'll try again

I couldn't get past the 1st episode either

5 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I'll try again

I couldn't get past the 1st episode either

It's brilliant.  The characters are so well realised.   Some of them are not likeable but as time goes on you begin to see what makes them tick and you start to feel for them.  There are moments that make you cry with laughter and others that break your heart.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 2/23/2020 at 10:50 AM, whispered secret said:

Has anyone mentioned Sex Education? I am sure they must have, but I don't recall. Anyway, I think it is really good - the first episode I didn't like much, but was persuaded to stick with it and am pleased I did.

Yeah, great stuff. Great writing, and great performances from that young cast.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, whispered secret said:

Do Daisey, Mr J and I very nearly didn't carry on but by episode 3 we were hooked.

I suspect the sex scenes put some people off, but they are not gratuitous, far from it.  They are crucial to the story as every one tells us something about the characters involved.  The sex is usually unsatisfactory and some of the scenes can be quite comical, but there are serious points to be made.  There aren't all that many sex scenes really. 

Spoiler

Some of the funniest scenes are sex scenes involving just one person :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Rizla said:

I suspect the sex scenes put some people off, but they are not gratuitous, far from it.  They are crucial to the story as every one tells us something about the characters involved.  The sex is usually unsatisfactory and some of the scenes can be quite comical, but there are serious points to be made.  There aren't all that many sex scenes really. 

Reveal hidden contents

Some of the funniest scenes are sex scenes involving just one person :lol:

Spot on! I had been warned but, nevertheless, I was a bit stunned at first. As you say though, the scenes are integral to the story lines and, as soon as you get used to that and interested in the characters, then the sex scenes just feel appropriate. 

• Like 2

Oh, and the soundtrack is awesome!   A fantastic selection of music, plus some original songs from Ezra Furman which I enjoyed so much that I went to one of his gigs.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Rizla said:

It's brilliant.  The characters are so well realised.   Some of them are not likeable but as time goes on you begin to see what makes them tick and you start to feel for them.  There are moments that make you cry with laughter and others that break your heart.

Agree with every word of that. Great production values too. 

Favourite characters anyone? I’m going with Maeve, closely followed by Eric. Least favourite has to be the headmaster, then Jackson’s pushy blonde Mum.

• Like 1

Headmaster is awful but funny, and the casting is spot on

Spoiler

as he and Adam are very plausible as father and son.

The only one who doesn't strike me as a good fit is Ola as she looks too old - well, inevitably a few of them do, as they couldn't cast actual 16 year olds.  But Ola just seems too confident and self possessed as well.  She looks as if she should be sharing a flat with trendy people in London.

2 hours ago, whispered secret said:

I think Eric is my favourite. 

Who couldn't love Eric!  :wub:
Aimée is adorable too.
But I can't think of a character I don't enjoy.

ETA   Ezra just dropped a video for Every Feeling (song that closes Episode 3)

9 hours ago, whispered secret said:

Spot on! I had been warned but, nevertheless, I was a bit stunned at first. As you say though, the scenes are integral to the story lines and, as soon as you get used to that and interested in the characters, then the sex scenes just feel appropriate. 

We used to watch true blood - im sure ill cope :lol:

Well .... i was going to watch it last night but the batteries in the tv remote crapped out and it was 9pm and it wouldn't change 'channel' to go to how we watch netflex through the blue ray player's internet (i think our tv only works with the remote - its a cheaper brand)

So i got my laptop out and logged into netflex and i came across this Aussie show Ronnie Chieng international student

I didn't think I'd like it because i was never a scarfie (Dunedin name  for a university of Otago student) but it was really really funny - after all i grew up in a student town 

https://www.netflix.com/title/81004350?s=a&trkid=13747225&t=cp

I think @Jerseyfornia shouid check it out 

Its really funny like LOL ! 

A few silly bits but that's ok

Ronnie Chieng is a Malaysian comedian 

zqXK0g7vIuLC4GazhWbu7Yns2C3.jpg

• Like 1
On 2/21/2020 at 11:22 PM, Daisey Jeep said:

I finished Shitt$ creek

Schitt's Creek makes me laugh so much!  Too bad this is the last season.

I just added to the other thread that I recently watched Harlan Coben's 'Safe' and 'The Stranger'.  Both decent.

• Like 2
On 2/21/2020 at 11:22 PM, Daisey Jeep said:

I finished Shitt$ creek

We've got only five more episodes to go of the 6th and final season. :(

• Sad 1