Greasy Lake Community

netflex- any recomendations ?

Madam C J Walker

having very fine hair i had of course never heard of her but what a great story 

its in 4 parts but eaiserly watcable in one go 

images (2).jpeg

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've discovered a show on netflix called Springsteen On Broadway, it's about a rock and roll superstar. I recommend it, I've watched it 18 times already.

good news Kominsky Method season 2 on October 25th (probably not in HobbitLand for Daisey though)

I finished watching this marathon last night.  Ten episodes  - about 1hr 30 mins each, so you have to be dedicated  I absolutely loved it and learned so much about this awful time in American/Vietname

Posted Images

I just watched corked which was quite good but i didn't like the soundtrack :lol: but it kindda fitted the movie, it made me hungry the entire time as the mom and dad owned a bbq resturant

The other night i watched Mamma Mia here we go again - it had a very weak story but was fun and i enjoyed the music, plus Pierce Brosnen is eye candy

I forgot who was going to be playing Sophie's grandma - OMG ! That was fantastic !

Ive never seen that particularperson will so many clothes on

However i would really like a movie where no body died 

Correction its called uncorked

MV5BZTg3NWFkN2ItOTdjMi00NDk4LTllMDktNGZiNTUxYmZmMjlmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjM4NTM5NDY@._V1_.jpg

I loved this book when I was young. The series did not disappoint. I've been hungry for a good fantasy series and this is far better than the confusing and overhyped Witcher series. I hope they do a second season based on the sequel.

• Like 1

American Factory.

Netflix.

May have been posted before but really enjoyed it.

GM factory goes bust in Ohio in 2008 and is bought out by our Chinese friends thereafter.

The documentary tracks the whole story of American workers trying to work with Chinese.

Gives a great insight into the mentality of the Chinese and reinforces for me just what a bizarre and indeed appalling nation they really are.

Worth 110 minutes of your time for sure.

50 minutes ago, Royston Vasey said:

American Factory.

Netflix.

GM factory goes bust in Ohio in 2008 and is bought out by our Chinese friends thereafter.

The documentary tracks the whole story of American workers trying to work with Chinese.

Gives a great insight into the mentality of the Chinese and reinforces for me just what a bizarre and indeed appalling nation they really are.

this sort of a follow up to a documentary to a previous doc about the original closure of a plant - oddly that doc is on amazon prime i'll go find the name of it

last truck , closing of a gm plant

On 4/15/2020 at 8:58 PM, Royston Vasey said:

American Factory.

Netflix.

I watched it last night. Interesting. There are some ruthless people out there.

On 4/16/2020 at 7:58 AM, Royston Vasey said:

American Factory.

Netflix.

I forgot that was on my list

But it sounds too sad

@SteveJhb mentioned this in another thread.  I watched it last night and couldn't believe what I was seeing.  Yes, there are some not quite believable scenes in it, but it's so eerily accurate as to what we're living through at the moment that it scared me.  It was made in 2011! Even some of the dialogue like 'wash your hands' and the 'R numbers' is so relevant.  I'm not sure I've seen any other 'virus' films like this, so some might think it's a load of rubbish compared to others, but it seemed to me that 'someone' has seen this film and thought, 'I could make a really great real-life about this'. Spooky.

image.png

Contagion-movies-wallpaper1.webp

• Like 1
On 4/16/2020 at 7:58 AM, Royston Vasey said:

American Factory.

Netflix.

watched it last night so thank you for the reminder

the whole thing was an uneasy watch (the subject matter) 

i thought the doco makers did a good job reflecting everyone's point of view 

the songs at that company doo in China- wow talk about communism :( my dad would have been appealed 

some of the company bull shit reminded me of the huge Australian conglomerate i used to work for :(

all that 'team' bullshit just boils down to profit for shareholders

but where the Chinese hirachy would just walk off and not tell the American walkers why (in answer to a question)

its because they don't know either, but just fall in and do as they are told because they are too scared or too controlled to push back and ask why for themselves

and that roll call in China  that looked like the army ????

and also in China where the workers were picking through the glass for recycling with no or very inadequate PPE :(

and the regular Chinese workers who were getting no extra pay to be away from home in Ohio  for 2 years and they knew no different but to work on weekends 

i actually remember when that plant was closed by GM because i have followed GM's trials and tribulations for as long as ive had the internet 

and then at the end when workers were being replaced by robotics :(

anyway now i have a whole bunch more people to worry about with regard to covid 19 :(

7 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

image.png.eabd3ee3730dbfa9e83362f453ff0e85.png

Enjoyed this very much.  An interesting insight into the Hasidic Jewish community in Williamsburg, based loosely on a true story.  Shira Haas, as Esty, is brilliant.

it was weird wasn't it ? 

the boy who harnessed the wind

its a true story about a 13 year old boy who has to stop attending high school becsuse his family can't afford it

just on planting time is a flood and the crops fail and people are starving and its now to dry to plant 

Gary won't watch it and just had a big mental because he won't watch anything i recomend so please someone watch it

downloadfile-134.jpg