Greasy Lake Community

netflex- any recomendations ?

On 6/6/2020 at 1:03 AM, Rizla said:

No, I'm the same.  I often click on things looking for more information, and accidentally start the programme :rolleyes: then there are the things that you start watching and then realise they're not your cup of tea.  So I periodically have a clear-out.

I seem to have watched nothing on Netflix for weeks, except The Last Kingdom.  Love that.
And the first two eps of Hollywood, but after starting Ep 3,  I might not bother with the rest.

i read somewhere the average viewer looks at 60 programmes on netflex before they actually watch something and id beleave it !

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've discovered a show on netflix called Springsteen On Broadway, it's about a rock and roll superstar. I recommend it, I've watched it 18 times already.

good news Kominsky Method season 2 on October 25th (probably not in HobbitLand for Daisey though)

Yeah, great stuff. Great writing, and great performances from that young cast.

Posted Images

On 6/6/2020 at 11:16 PM, Daisey Jeep said:

i read somewhere the average viewer looks at 60 programmes on netflex before they actually watch something and id beleave it !

I can believe it too.  There's just not quite enough written detail for me in the little previews you get.   I see what's there, think, "I wonder who else is in it?" or something like that, forget that pressing the button won't give me any more info but will only start the programme.

I wish they gave a better synopsis instead of a trailer.  I don't like trailers.  It would be good if there was an option to read more or watch the trailer.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rizla said:

I can believe it too.  There's just not quite enough written detail for me in the little previews you get.   I see what's there, think, "I wonder who else is in it?" or something like that, forget that pressing the button won't give me any more info but will only start the programme.

I wish they gave a better synopsis instead of a trailer.  I don't like trailers.  It would be good if there was an option to read more or watch the trailer.

i wish now downtown abby was on netflex 

Didn’t get anywhere this weekend 1 episode of dark and 2 episodes of dead to me and only 9 days until TGLITW footie returns and then I watch nothing else for 6weeks :D

image.thumb.png.7ec3253fc929ec1ad0050cd43fd2e24e.png

I've been watching this series for weeks! I'm on episode 12, Season 2 so I'll soon find out if there's a Season 3.  I love it! Just my cup of tea - a great old yarn with everything in it, set in Memphis.  Keith David and Lynn Whitfield as the parents are fantastic and there's Oprah as well ^_^

Oh, I've just Googled, and there IS a Season 3 ... and 4 :lol:.  I could be some time ...

ive been searching somebody feed Phil

its great 

wish he wouod film an episode here

well not actually here because Wanganui eatteries all close by 2pm here so there is no such thing as a long or a late lunch

but he could do an episode in Wellington or Dunedin (Christchurch or Auckland)

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/07/phil-rosenthal-netflix-somebody-feed-phil-podcast-atx-1201984018/

Somebody_Feed_Phil_S02E04_37m30s53950f.jpg

@Bosstralian @Kent Guitar @SydneyGirl

im watching the 2nd season of rostered on

its a bit lame

but i can put so many names and faces to those characters 

do you work here ? :angry:

the one sentence that rack us up the most :angry::angry::angry:

they have the customers and head office bullshit down pat 

• Like 1

oh man

ive finished it already

i think i enjoyed it alot more than i let on earlier

i so want to smack that SOB in inwards goods and that prompted manager that's lower than a snake's belly in a wheel rut :lol:

not that's its funny when you have to work with those bastards in real life

https://www.netflix.com/title/80990581?s=a&trkid=13747225&t=cp

Screenshot_20200614-145119.png

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

im watching the 2nd season of rostered on

its a bit lame

but i can put so many names and faces to those characters 

do you work here ? :angry:

the one sentence that rack us up the most :angry::angry::angry:

they have the customers and head office bullshit down pat 

I must admit I haven’t seen it.

13 minutes ago, Kent Guitar said:

I must admit I haven’t seen it.

its a million times more funny than Kath and Kim ....

the last episode was the making of

i wasn't going to watch it but im so glad i did.

it started off as a u tube project with no funds and zero wages and 5 screens 

they want people to be nicer to shop staff :wub:

• Like 1

Curon

Its Italian

The dubbing isn't too bad but i watched it with subtitles

It had a kind of latch key x twlight vibe to it

A bit spooky to start

I watched a few episodes in the dark buy eventually had to turn the light on

Probsbly not that spooky for you guys

downloadfile-23.png

On 6/9/2020 at 3:36 PM, janeymarywendy said:

image.thumb.png.7ec3253fc929ec1ad0050cd43fd2e24e.png

I've been watching this series for weeks! I'm on episode 12, Season 2 so I'll soon find out if there's a Season 3.  I love it! Just my cup of tea - a great old yarn with everything in it, set in Memphis.  Keith David and Lynn Whitfield as the parents are fantastic and there's Oprah as well ^_^

Oh, I've just Googled, and there IS a Season 3 ... and 4 :lol:.  I could be some time ...

Finished watching this today. What a marathon it was! Beau Bridges showed up - he's always good as a baddy. If any of you hear of Season 5 coming on, please let me know! Too many loose ends in Season 4 :)

17 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

Finished watching this today. What a marathon it was! Beau Bridges showed up - he's always good as a baddy. If any of you hear of Season 5 coming on, please let me know! Too many loose ends in Season 4 :)

If its on your list you should get a notification on your netflex home page when its coming and then when it arrives

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, gus said:

I have been watching an old series on netflix called In Treatment. Very good and intense.

Ill look in up :)

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned Becoming - the documentary about Michelle Obama's book tour. Watched it yesterday evening and thoroughly enjoyed it. What an inspiring woman, brought me close to tears several times.

• Like 1

It got terrible reviews and bombed so bad at the box office, the worst performing movie of Keanu Reeves career but i enjoyed it

Its about a scientist who is working on making copies of  dead people's minds and transplanting them into robots

His best friend works in cloning

Anyway the family go on holiday and the wife and 3 kids die in a car accident 

220px-Replicas_poster.jpg