netflex- any recomendations ?


Recommended Posts

On 6/15/2020 at 5:24 PM, MacBruce said:

The Keepers was a brilliant documentary...now watching the one on Jeffrey Epstein.

Saw 2 episodes of the Epstein doc last night. It made me sick, and as I watched I grew angrier and angrier at how much power and wealth can be used to cover up the most heinous of crimes. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've discovered a show on netflix called Springsteen On Broadway, it's about a rock and roll superstar. I recommend it, I've watched it 18 times already.

good news Kominsky Method season 2 on October 25th (probably not in HobbitLand for Daisey though)

I did that for thirty years 

Posted Images

Season 5 announced for The Last Kingdom, which makes me very happy.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/the-last-kingdom-renewed-season-5-netflix-1234699909/?cx_testId=49&cx_testVariant=cx_1&cx_artPos=0#cxrecs_s

Includes a video interview with the lovely Alexander Dreymon :wub:

I now have every hope that Netflix will take it all the way and perhaps wrap it up in a sixth season, or even a seventh.  So pleased that this overlooked show is picking up a following.

The series is based on “The Saxon Stories” novels by Bernard Cornwell. It follows the adventures of Uhtred of Bebbanburg (Alexander Dreymon), a warrior born a Saxon but raised as a Dane, in ninth and tenth century England. Uhtred becomes an unlikely ally of King Alfred of Wessex (David Dawson) and his family as the king seeks to unite all the kingdoms of England under one ruler as Vikings ravage the country.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2020 at 1:27 AM, Rizla said:

Season 5 announced for The Last Kingdom, which makes me very happy.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/the-last-kingdom-renewed-season-5-netflix-1234699909/?cx_testId=49&cx_testVariant=cx_1&cx_artPos=0#cxrecs_s

Includes a video interview with the lovely Alexander Dreymon :wub:

I now have every hope that Netflix will take it all the way and perhaps wrap it up in a sixth season, or even a seventh.  So pleased that this overlooked show is picking up a following.

The series is based on “The Saxon Stories” novels by Bernard Cornwell. It follows the adventures of Uhtred of Bebbanburg (Alexander Dreymon), a warrior born a Saxon but raised as a Dane, in ninth and tenth century England. Uhtred becomes an unlikely ally of King Alfred of Wessex (David Dawson) and his family as the king seeks to unite all the kingdoms of England under one ruler as Vikings ravage the country.

That sounds right up Gary's ally

Ill pass on your recommendation thank you 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Im watching the Danish Rita 

Good lord @CosmicKid @Cozmic Kid 

You people speak so fast i can't read the subtitles in time 

 

250px-Rita_TV_Show_Poster.jpg

I wasted time on one episode. Its piss poor.

 

We have better seriesB)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cozmic Kid said:

I wasted time on one episode. Its piss poor.

 

We have better seriesB)

Im open to recommendations although not everything is going to be available in NZ 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

That sounds right up Gary's ally

Ill pass on your recommendation thank you 

It's really good, Daisey.  Might be a bit violent for your taste in places, but if you can get past that you should enjoy it as you like historical drama, don't you? Obviously it's fictionalised but they stay faithful to known history and timelines.  

There are some memorable characters and a good dose of humour.  And eye candy for all ;)

I always say give it three episodes to get into it.  The first episode is partly a kind of prequel, with a time jump, so there's a lot to take in and a number of characters who quickly bite the dust, alas.  So give it a chance to set the scene, and it gets into its stride by Ep 3.

First series was low budget BBC style, but after that Netflix came in and gave them more money to spend.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Im open to recommendations although not everything is going to be available in NZ 

Not sure they are available but these three I liked a lot.

 

Når Støvet Har Lagt Sig (When The Dust Settle). Revolving around vigilante justice

Bron/Broen (The Bridge). Danish/Swedish co-production. Make sure it is the original and not one of the countless remakes from other countries.

Herrens Veje (Ride Upon The Storm). Revolving around religion and the problems of a pastors family.

 

All three are drama/drama-crime

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The original bridge is banned in daisey land I remember a story about the govt banning it

Here it was on Hulu and then just suddenly disappeared (is not announced as leaving) and the Hulu forums are full of questions of what happened ??

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Im watching the Danish Rita 

Good lord @CosmicKid @Cozmic Kid 

You people speak so fast i can't read the subtitles in time 

 

250px-Rita_TV_Show_Poster.jpg

Never seen that one, but yes, Danes tend to speak fast and cut off words. This makes it very difficult for foreigners learning Danish to understand regular conversation in Danish.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CosmicKid said:

Never seen that one, but yes, Danes tend to speak fast and cut off words. This makes it very difficult for foreigners learning Danish to understand regular conversation in Danish.

Then we are very fortunate you guys read and write English so eloquently :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

image.png.acf55b0b610bdc4e3bf9c3298ca429dd.png

I think others have discussed this series already, but I've only just finished watching it.  No words to describe how much I loved it.  Quirky, funny, sad (it made me cry more than once - very unlike me!) and every single character a gem.  Each episode is only 21 minutes long, so you can watch two or three at a time without feeling guilty! Catherine O'Hara was in the Home Alone films, but I've never seen them, so she's new to me. Oh my, what a role she plays! And the wigs ... :lol:

Must admit, there were a couple of things that I didn't like about the ending :(

Link to post
Share on other sites


aug 6 

Third and final seàson of  danish show  the rain... will the survivors make it to karsten house in time to sing Bobby jean?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2020 at 9:38 AM, Jimmy James said:

Any one watching Warrior Nun? 

We started last night 2 episodes in, don't know if we should continue or not. 

Gary is

It doesn't look my cup of tea 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2020 at 1:16 AM, janeymarywendy said:

image.png.acf55b0b610bdc4e3bf9c3298ca429dd.png

I think others have discussed this series already, but I've only just finished watching it.  No words to describe how much I loved it.  Quirky, funny, sad (it made me cry more than once - very unlike me!) and every single character a gem.  Each episode is only 21 minutes long, so you can watch two or three at a time without feeling guilty! Catherine O'Hara was in the Home Alone films, but I've never seen them, so she's new to me. Oh my, what a role she plays! And the wigs ... :lol:

Must admit, there were a couple of things that I didn't like about the ending :(

Oh i liked the end

And i agree Moira's wigs were amazing

What didn't you like about the end ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2020 at 4:51 PM, Cozmic Kid said:

Not sure they are available but these three I liked a lot.

 

Når Støvet Har Lagt Sig (When The Dust Settle). Revolving around vigilante justice

Bron/Broen (The Bridge). Danish/Swedish co-production. Make sure it is the original and not one of the countless remakes from other countries.

Herrens Veje (Ride Upon The Storm). Revolving around religion and the problems of a pastors family.

 

All three are drama/drama-crime

Bron/Broen (The Bridge) and Herrens Veje (Ride Upon The Storm) are really good.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.