netflex- any recomendations ?

On 7/14/2020 at 4:34 AM, Daisey Jeep said:

Thoroughly recomended 

Most enjoyable 

One person really can make a difference

Lesbians and gays for the miners

https://www.netflix.com/title/80013480?s=a&trkid=13747225&t=cp

MV5BMTU2OTcyOTE3MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTg5Mjc1MjE@._V1_.jpg

I've watched it twice and really liked it both times! As a side-note, Bruce also gave the miners a donation.

"On the day of Springsteen’s 68th birthday, Durham Miners’ Association posted: “Wishing a very happy birthday to Bruce Springsteen. We haven’t forgotten the solidarity Bruce showed to striking miners and their families - including this cheque for $20,000 for the Northumberland and Durham Miners’ Support Group.”

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/the-only-boss-listen-to-13671735

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've discovered a show on netflix called Springsteen On Broadway, it's about a rock and roll superstar. I recommend it, I've watched it 18 times already.

good news Kominsky Method season 2 on October 25th (probably not in HobbitLand for Daisey though)

Yeah, great stuff. Great writing, and great performances from that young cast.

Posted Images

Blue thunder

As soon as i saw it was on netflex i watched it straight away so it was after 3am when i went to bed

Enjoyed it alot as ive always wanted to rewatch it 

It hasn't aged well but the acting from Cheif Brody is excellent 

p7241_v_v8_ab.jpg

The Aussie Little lunch

Absolutely gorgouse little stories about what happens at play time (little lunch) 

15min long 

If you can find it watch it

downloadfile-200.jpg

On 6/7/2020 at 9:07 PM, Perisic said:

Space Force - saw the first episode and it's a bit... meh. Hopefully it gets better but I heard the reviews aren't good.

I was disappointed. Such promise with a good cast.

• 2 weeks later...

The Fall

Gillian Anderson is a detective hunting down a serial killer in Belfast.  The tension and suspense are gripping. 
Jamie Dornan as the killer will make your skin crawl.   You'll be making extra sure all your doors are locked :lol:

Not particularly gory or explicit.  This was originally on BBC in 2013, so some of you may have seen it then.

• Thanks 1

And for something a little lighter ........  Norsemen

It's a total piss-take of shows like Vikings.   Made by Norwegians on a pretty low budget.  No need for dubbing or subtitles, they shot every scene twice, once in Norwegian for home consumption and then again in English.

Good dirty fun :D 

A lot of the cast were in Lilyhammer.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Rizla said:

The Fall

Gillian Anderson is a detective hunting down a serial killer in Belfast.  The tension and suspense are gripping. 
Jamie Dornan as the killer will make your skin crawl.   You'll be making extra sure all your doors are locked :lol:

Not particularly gory or explicit.  This was originally on BBC in 2013, so some of you may have seen it then.

is this on netflix uk? here in the usa it was removed and now shows up on Amazon?

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, AMIW said:

is this on netflix uk? here in the usa it was removed and now shows up on Amazon?

It's on Netflix UK.  That's why I posted it in the Netflix recommendations topic.

On 8/7/2020 at 12:53 AM, Marilla Gorilla said:

I was disappointed. Such promise with a good cast.

I didn't even see the other episodes, didn't feel like it was gonna be worth it.

On 8/17/2020 at 1:25 PM, Rizla said:

The Fall

Not particularly gory or explicit.

A caveat now I have watched the whole thing.  There is some violence and S3 in particular has some gory scenes of a medical nature.
Just a warning to the squeamish.  Excellent show though.

On 8/18/2020 at 2:48 AM, Rizla said:

And for something a little lighter ........  Norsemen

It's a total piss-take of shows like Vikings.   Made by Norwegians on a pretty low budget.  No need for dubbing or subtitles, they shot every scene twice, once in Norwegian for home consumption and then again in English.

Good dirty fun :D 

A lot of the cast were in Lilyhammer.

Gary really enjoyed it 

that's very intetesting about them doing every scene in both languages, i really hate when they dub the English in

• Like 1
On 8/18/2020 at 5:59 AM, Rizla said:

It's on Netflix UK.  That's why I posted it in the Netflix recommendations topic.

amazing !

its here

but im not sure how good our front door lock is ....

Screenshot_20200828-141257.png

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

amazing !
its here
but im not sure how good our front door lock is ....

You'll be checking the back door and all the windows after watching this   :lol:

No need to worry though, you have Gary and Borris to protect you :D

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, Rizla said:

You'll be checking the back door and all the windows after watching this   :lol:

No need to worry though, you have Gary and Borris to protect you :D

maybe I'll watch in the day light !

this house and the neighbouring houses have paper thin walls and Gary thinks the shape of our street and our slight elevation makes sounds travel at night especially as we have a lot of really still nights and hear sounds from accross the river

it took months (12:lol:) to get used to hearing the neighbours walk up their hallway in the middle of the night ....

plus our house is drafty and if its slightly windy doors bang shut and even heavy curtains sway like Mary's dress

oh and the really spooky thing is where i sit to watch tv - i see the lounge door open but i can't see that its Borris or Tibby who's pushed it open :lol: (born in a tent those two - never ever close the door after themselves :lol:)

don't start me on the shower curtain i like to leave drawn so it dries .....sometimes cats are in there innocently washing :lol: or doing weird cat things :lol: or its just draft .....

oh what about when cats just stair into nothing like a blank wall, really intently 

or when if the neighbours walk up their driveway in moonlight or car headlights their shadows through the bedroom curtains are huge and look like they are walking up our path and into our back garden ...

12 noon sounds like the best time to watch !

thanks for the heads up :lol:

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I watched the documentary "Clive Davis: the Soundtrack of Our Lives", about Clive Davis's career.

They show a clip of Bruce and one of Clive Davis reading the lyrics of 'Blinded by the Light': I had subtitles on, so as not to miss anything, and the subtitles showed 'goose' instead of 'deuce' more than once. Poor Bruce is plagued with folks mishearing this:-)

• Like 1
5 hours ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

I watched Challenger as well.

image.thumb.png.46e57cffbc580cb3c7983560662cbe7c.png

Watching The Haunting of Bly Manor now.

image.png.e0534a2a4c72dfc29dc82c4fb9e10b37.png

Bly manmor is good

I binged it on friday

Had to have all the lights on after Gary went to bed

• Haha 1

Been watching the reboot of one day at a time

I like Cuban decore :lol:

I was dissapointed to find no 4th series on netflex but i was kinda at times getting a bit over its left wing point of view every episode  (aka family ties) and Penelope was starting to get on my nerves

I like grandma  though