Daisey Jeep

netflex- any recomendations ?

have been watching the original Prime Suspects from the 90,s perhaps the mother of all detective series since, still brilliant

• Like 1

On 1/25/2019 at 9:48 PM, Daisey Jeep said:

im ganna check out the ranch

it has Sam Elliot in it

hubba hubba ;)

I find myself enjoying the hell out of that family of "conservatives."

Sam Elliot is always a treat and I've had a crush on Debra Winger since the 80s. I've never cared much for Ashton Kutcher, but he's tolerable in this show.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Sam Elliot is always a treat and I've had a crush on Debra Winger since the 80s. I've never cared much for Ashton Kutcher, but he's tolerable in this show.

i had to google Kutcher the other day to remember what he was fanouse for apart from Demi Moore :lol:

On 2/1/2019 at 2:28 PM, Jerseyfornia said:

do you think that moustache is insured ?

20 minutes ago, stevie54uk said:

the Punisher is pretty good although a bit over violent at timesa

Just finished last night, Loved it, wanting more. Very Violent! Just the way we like it. 

• Haha 1

On 2/12/2019 at 6:58 AM, Jimmy James said:

Just finished last night, Loved it, wanting more. Very Violent! Just the way we like it. 

hmmmm

anyhow

im.really enjoying the ranch

(not just for Sam Elliot ;))

On 1/20/2019 at 6:21 PM, Promise61 said:

Sex Education is also very good.  Don't be put off by the title.  Lots of humour, lots of pathos, and a brilliant young cast.

Beautiful location, too.

Loving this!  Some great music too.

5 hours ago, stevie54uk said:
5 hours ago, Rizla said:

Don't be put off by the title. 

i am 

I never said that! :D

• Like 1

On 1/9/2019 at 3:27 AM, Jerseyfornia said:

Does anyone else here ever use one of those "Netflix Secret menu' sites to browse the content?

Netflix can be a bitch to browse sometimes if you're not sure what it is you're looking for or if you're trying to find a very particularized subgenre. Hell, there are nights when my viewing amounts to an hour of endless browsing and then I retreat to my much easier to browse music collection.

What is this "Secret Menu" site of which you speak?

• Like 1

I'll explain more after work but basically there are secondary sites that show every single subgenre and you click on one and it will take you to that menu in Netflix. I first thought it was no different than using the menu on Netflix but I've been able to do much deeper searches and find a lot of obscure stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So here's one

https://www.netflixhiddencodes.com/

As you'll notice, there are categories like Belgian Movies, Boxing Movies. They break the netflix menu down into more subcategories so you can more easily find exactly what you're interested in. You click on a category (I like to right click and do open in new tab, so I don't lose the menu) and it will take you right to your netflix.

• Thanks 2

What drives me mad is when you start typing the name of a film into their Search and it auto-completes underneath, making you think it's available on Netflix - but it's not.

• Like 3

th?id=OIP.Clr0u6xn9wuOqQjcdo2jlgAAAA&pid=15.1&P=0&w=324&h=183

I'm not recommending it as such, just saying that I watched it.  Some very seedy,  unlikeable people in it.

OK, I've finished watching Sex Education, and if you don't watch it you'll have missed an absolute gem. 
Very very funny - I was crying with laughter at times - and has its poignant moments too. 
Likeable characters and a tremendous soundtrack.

You'll need to accept the rather surreal setting.  It's Britain but with a US high school vibe and the timeline is very blurred as it's a mix of 80s/90s style and modern day.  1980s cars but everybody has smartphones .... Just take it as an alternative reality, or parallel universe kind of thing.

• Like 2

I've just started watching Roma so I'll take a look at that one next.

23 minutes ago, Eileen said:

I've just started watching Roma so I'll take a look at that one next.

no Aunty ! 

you have to watch the Derry girls 

who am I ?

the netflex police :lol:

• Haha 1

I watched the first episode of Sex Education. I'll not be watching any more - but I can imagine it'd be very entertaining to youngsters and I presume they can learn a lot from it. Lots of useful information has to be good information.

Couldn't find Derry Girls. I see another WW2 one there so that's probably where I'll go next.

Derry Girls is the best TV in ages. On All4...new series is starting soon on Channel 4. Funny as feck.

• Like 3

Recently binge watched every episode of Still Game .................

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eileen said:

I watched the first episode of Sex Education. I'll not be watching any more - but I can imagine it'd be very entertaining to youngsters and I presume they can learn a lot from it. Lots of useful information has to be good information.

Couldn't find Derry Girls. I see another WW2 one there so that's probably where I'll go next.

i guess the Netflex options all over the world arn't all the same - 

i never got Netflex before because Lillyhammer was on Neon here but on Netflex in Aussie

i didn't really enjoy sex ed so ive taken it off my list

actually ive found there is also alot of crap on netflex! 

21 hours ago, cabbyian said:

Recently binge watched every episode of Still Game .................

New Still Game series being shown our our new BBC Scotland channel starting on Sunday, Cab. Shown later in the year for everyone else...