netflex- any recomendations ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've discovered a show on netflix called Springsteen On Broadway, it's about a rock and roll superstar. I recommend it, I've watched it 18 times already.

good news Kominsky Method season 2 on October 25th (probably not in HobbitLand for Daisey though)

'Ozark'...excellent show.  Jason Bateman is so good in this.  So is Laura Linney.

Posted Images

I've just read that 'somebody' is the killer in The Fall - is that a spoiler or is that made clear early on? Sorry if this is a spoiler but somebody already said as much. 

I'm after something to watch after the two Haunting ones. Having a look at Disappearance at some Hotel or other a bit later - a film, not a series.

4 minutes ago, Eileen said:

I've just read that 'somebody' is the killer in The Fall - is that a spoiler or is that made clear early on? Sorry if this is a spoiler but somebody already said as much. 

I'm after something to watch after the two Haunting ones. Having a look at Disappearance at some Hotel or other a bit later - a film, not a series.

We just finished watching the 3 series of The Fall. It was very dark - quite disturbing actually, but very good. It's 'clear' from the beginning. There are a couple of 'didn't see that coming' moments later in the story. Gillian Anderson is very well-lit all the way through :lol: She almost looks luminous! I've never seen such a bunch of miserable faces as this lot though. I don't think there is one bit of light relief in it! Yeah, I know, I know ...

3 series? Oh blimey - don't know if I can be bothered with that. Surely it's not all about the same story/killer? Is it like Line of Duty ... one series about one particular main person but they all link?

29 minutes ago, Eileen said:

3 series? Oh blimey - don't know if I can be bothered with that. Surely it's not all about the same story/killer? Is it like Line of Duty ... one series about one particular main person but they all link?

Yes, same story throughout.

'The Fall' had me hooked from the start, and I don't find much I like.  The characters were fascinating.
By contrast I watched something that people were comparing it to - I think it was called 'The Missing' and was originally on about the same time - and I gave up on that after several episodes as it just didn't grip me. 

I got more than halfway through Hill House, then abandoned it. It was too soapy for me, with those glamorous women who all looked the same.  I found I couldn't care less what happened to any of them.

• Like 1
On 11/1/2020 at 4:48 PM, JimCT said:

new mini-series

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIKxlCf0OxOCdAc8tRLiY

The book is awesome.. Walter tevis only wrote 5 books, the hustler and color of money well known as Paul Newman films...

The man who fell to earth is of course well known because of Bowie’s performance...

the only book not to be filmed is steps of the sun... hopefully one day

On 11/4/2020 at 5:13 AM, Eileen said:

A bit more scary (watch in day time with kitties on knee) but a really though provoking watch and really worth watching to the end

A movie not a series 

His  house 

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/reviews/his-house/

MV5BODY2NjQzYzYtYTgyMy00M2MxLTgyMWQtZTU1NWZjZWU4ZDc3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjEwNTM2Mzc@._V1_.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks - I saw a trailer for that one so will give it a go.

I watched 2 episodes of The Fall and, as expected, can't watch the lead actors - not keen on either. I find the bloke to be very smarmy ... he fared better in the remake of the Commando one ... but I just find him creepy. Yes, I know he's meant to be :) but he doesn't appeal to my eyes.

25 minutes ago, Eileen said:

I watched 2 episodes of The Fall and, as expected, can't watch the lead actors - not keen on either. I find the bloke to be very smarmy ... he fared better in the remake of the Commando one ... but I just find him creepy. Yes, I know he's meant to be :) but he doesn't appeal to my eyes.

I know the feeling 

Im like that with Tom Cruise 

Cannot enjoy a single thing he is in 

25 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I know the feeling 

Im like that with Tom Cruise 

Cannot enjoy a single thing he is in 

Now then ... I loved the later stuff he was in. He improves with age, didn't like the young looking Cruise.

• Haha 1
24 minutes ago, Eileen said:

Now then ... I loved the later stuff he was in. He improves with age, didn't like the young looking Cruise.

Top gun = most over rated movie ever

3 hours ago, Eileen said:

No, same here, I don't find him attractive at all, but he was a revelation playing that creepy character.  His eyes especially were really stony. A very good actor indeed, and a pity that he went on to star in that 50 Shades crap. 

I'm flabbergasted that he's widely considered to be so handsome.  I don't get it - if I passed him in the street or saw him in a pub I wouldn't give him a second glance.  Reading back over some old discussion threads about The Fall, it was clear that many viewers were really smitten, and so blinded by his looks that they were also attributing "charm" to the character when he was actually charmless, and deliberately so. 

• Like 2

Kate and I watched His House this afternoon. Oh dear. I had to ask Kate what it was all about afterwards ... she wasn't impressed either.

Back to carry on with The Fall ...

On 11/9/2020 at 7:04 AM, Eileen said:

Kate and I watched His House this afternoon. Oh dear. I had to ask Kate what it was all about afterwards ... she wasn't impressed either.

Back to carry on with The Fall ...

Oh sorry Aunty 

Sorry Kate

I think be cautious of my recommendations from now on :lol:

When i watched it it made me think about refugees 

We have a low annual quota here but we do a lot to help them assimilate 

That couple needed friendliness and kindness and trauma counselling 

They were carrying the guilt of pretending that little girl was their daughter 

He pretended she wss their daughter so that he wouldn't be separated from his wife

I mean the little girl may well have been murdered anyway but they took her away from her mother so they could save themselves

Then she couldn't swim 

Boat people never make it all the way to NZ

So we have total control over numbers, im sure your resources in the UK and Europe must be swamped and overwhelmed 

In the movie that man from the church should have been more freindly, the govt people were so horrible they were so patronising 

It was horrible when the black kids told the lady to go back to Africa and gave her bad directions like a cruel game 

Refugees dont have it easy here either, but the red cross and salvation army do a lot with them and the govt agencies 

And when they first arrive here they live in the refugee centre where they get schooled up about living in NZ before they go out to live by them selves in the community 

I often feel guilty about the refugee kids we had at high school

I wasn't mean to them - ever

But i wasn't freindly either :(

It wasn't racial - because i had NZ Chinese freinds, and Maori  freinds, but it was xenophobia :(

I'm just about to state Season 3.  I can't think what can happen in this season though - don't tell me - but he's caught. It might be more about her demons. Glad that horrible bloke got his just desserts ... or did he?

The story line of His House is good ... I thought Dr Who played a sympathetic part - but the ghosts and ghoulies were very basic.

• Like 1
On 11/13/2020 at 4:59 PM, stevie54uk said:

after passing after half an hour of Homeland, tried again now I love i strangely half way through season 2 in just over a week

I passed on that one, too - might give it another try.

I finished The Fall. Great ending!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, stevie54uk said:

think its worth persevering for a couple of episodes, the Fall was brilliant yes

It'll have to wait cos I stumbled over The Crown! I think I've just watched the 2nd episode for some reason ... I'll continue with it.

• Like 1