Greasy Lake Community

netflex- any recomendations ?

On 11/10/2020 at 10:05 PM, janeymarywendy said:

Well, I won't have to watch His House now ;) :lol: Does it have a supernatural story to it as well though?

And @Eileen, you're carrying on with The Fall? It IS worth it, but heavy going at times.

Yes, but its all in context and it doesn't have a scary ending 

You should still watch it

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've discovered a show on netflix called Springsteen On Broadway, it's about a rock and roll superstar. I recommend it, I've watched it 18 times already.

good news Kominsky Method season 2 on October 25th (probably not in HobbitLand for Daisey though)

Yeah, great stuff. Great writing, and great performances from that young cast.

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Eileen said:

It'll have to wait cos I stumbled over The Crown! I think I've just watched the 2nd episode for some reason ... I'll continue with it.

I did a recap over the last week and am into season 4

Nobody and i mean nobody is as pretty as they were in real life

Margaret, Diana, Philip,  uncle Dickie

Why leave out Ann's wedding and her kidnapping attempt?

The Queen mum never looked dowdy in real life 

Im dissapointed in Gillian Anderson's Maggie but i can't yet put my finger on why 

Getting ready to be outraged by the Aussie tour episode because that Charles, Di, Wills and the buzzy bee photo op happened on green NZ grass not some parched dusty piece of Australia :angry:

Buzzy bee is a NZ toy

Edit

What a load of fucking fabricated fictional bull shit 

Wow talk about bullshit.

Less than 2 fucking minutes of NZ - a maori haka and a hotel bathroom 

The people of NZ are insulted 

Never mind its our buzzy bee

Lucky for us the Royal family arn't ss flippant with us as the writters of the crown 

I caught up with the first episode - about 3 to go in the first season. I'll finally catch up with the new series around Christmas!

As for Uncle Dickie - we had a programme on here about him the other night and it was discussed on FB. Hero or villain? I used to think the former ... then I read oodles of books about Dieppe. No excuse for that disaster. None at all.

But that's for another Forum.

Medici - 3 seasons on Netflix

Highly recommended if you like historical drama with lots of politics, plotting and general skulduggery.
I've said a bit more about it on the "What series are you watching" thread.

15 hours ago, Eileen said:

I caught up with the first episode - about 3 to go in the first season. I'll finally catch up with the new series around Christmas!

As for Uncle Dickie - we had a programme on here about him the other night and it was discussed on FB. Hero or villain? I used to think the former ... then I read oodles of books about Dieppe. No excuse for that disaster. None at all.

But that's for another Forum.

What's the program on Uncle Dickie so i can keep an eye out for it when some kind soul sneaks it up on u tube 

Back to the crown

The crown has been very unfair to Maggie 

Talk about a left wing bias with the way they told the story of the palace break in

Its easy pickings to fictionaliz a person who is dead or someone like the Queen who will not retelate 

https://i.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv-radio/123419467/is-the-crown-more-miss-than-hit

On 11/21/2020 at 3:56 AM, Eileen said:

Up to Ep 5 of Series 3 - not keen on Olivia but getting used to her.

By heck - they all aged enormously in a year or two.

The time lines are completly up the tree

There isnt an actor alive handsome enough to play Prince Philip 

Who ever plays the king is ugly compared to His Late Majesty 

But then i would rather Mrs Thatcher was acted better even if that ment she didn't look exactly like her

its German

@rosiejaneymary @Eileen

finally a Christmas movie i enjoyed 

i guess its a mini series 

this link has the trailer

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/german-original-mini-series-over-christmas-everything-we-know-so-far/

AAAABUcxiEpVww2SlmBBhk88L8oVwwKsTHfu3cOSv0049K88PLHDgsRFzxGvvM21Hs6o8oT6W6993L6cWT0QfuGs5GOWWpTW6iuHK-worLuzMZ8wcETerjzKvE5OWLuIlA.jpg

image.thumb.png.c3cac2648d2816609c16d523e733c246.png

Very interesting, very drawn out! Even now I couldn't say if he and his nephew were guilty.  What an 'interesting' family though. The only people I felt genuinely sorry for (apart from the victim's family of course) were his ^^^ old mum and dad. 

On 11/18/2020 at 12:17 AM, JimCT said:

220px-TrialChicago7poster.jpeg

I watched this recently as well.  Now that's what I call good acting - from all of them. Eddie Redmayne plays Tom Hayden, the future husband of Jane Fonda.  I didn't know he'd been involved.  Very interesting story.

I've done very little here other than watch Homeland. I've just finished Season 7 and wondered why it didn't just go on to the last one.

Season 8 is not on Netflix.

WAAAAAAA!!!!!!

My name is Eileen and I'm a Homelandaholic ...

• Haha 1