Greasy Lake Community

netflex- any recomendations ?

1 hour ago, Eileen said:

I've done very little here other than watch Homeland. I've just finished Season 7 and wondered why it didn't just go on to the last one.

Season 8 is not on Netflix.

WAAAAAAA!!!!!!

My name is Eileen and I'm a Homelandaholic ...

Eileen, I did a bit of Googling and Season 8 is being shown on something called Showtime at the moment.  It won't be on Netflix in certain countries, including the UK,  until early 2021.

• Like 2
  • Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've discovered a show on netflix called Springsteen On Broadway, it's about a rock and roll superstar. I recommend it, I've watched it 18 times already.

good news Kominsky Method season 2 on October 25th (probably not in HobbitLand for Daisey though)

'Ozark'...excellent show.  Jason Bateman is so good in this.  So is Laura Linney.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, janeymarywendy said:

Eileen, I did a bit of Googling and Season 8 is being shown on something called Showtime at the moment.  It won't be on Netflix in certain countries, including the UK,  until early 2021.

Thanks - that's what I found out when I googled, too. Oh, I can wait for the Netflix thingy but was going to look into the free trial of Prime Video.  I joined Amazon Prime to order some stuff then cancelled ... I might still be eligible for the free 30 days one.

However, if I know it's coming, I can wait. I'll get back to Designated Survivor now. :) I used to think binge-watchers were 'weak' ... now I've joined the ranks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only ... I can't sign in to Amazon. They send me something on the phone and ask me to tap on it.

I've got a Nokia, man, even if I sang it a song and offered it a sweetie it still wouldn't work.

Bah humbug.

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, Eileen said:

I've done very little here other than watch Homeland. I've just finished Season 7 and wondered why it didn't just go on to the last one.

Season 8 is not on Netflix.

WAAAAAAA!!!!!!

My name is Eileen and I'm a Homelandaholic ...

we finished series 7 last night was very disappointed to see no series 8 on netflix. so started watching Valhalla Murders on Iplayer bbc not convinced yet

On 12/10/2020 at 2:57 AM, janeymarywendy said:

image.png.79af6f9c0bf7287f18c790ed7e5acf29.png

How this little boy slipped through the net time and time again defies belief.

Time I watched something more uplifting I think.

It says im a 64% match

Ill give it a go

• 4 weeks later...

With a football game on every day of the week haven’t watched a lot of anything recently but did over Christmas/new year in the rare few hours when there was put footie watch this Finnish series really liked it

45C34CAC-7EB8-4AFE-9275-F0A449E81695.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

image.png.c0df9de72a1c5e303ae3c7c70563e807.png

@Promise61 mentioned this so I watched it.  Four programmes, could've been condensed into two! What an awful place! The slow motion/blurry images get on my nerves in these stories.

Watched another excellent one last night, The Mormon Murders ( or something like that). Three parter, each just shy of one hour.  They whizz by, it's that compelling.

• Thanks 2
5 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Watched another excellent one last night, The Mormon Murders ( or something like that). Three parter, each just shy of one hour.  They whizz by, it's that compelling.

Yes I saw the ad for that one. The problem with the Hotel Cecil story is that I was expecting a big revelation at the end and there really wasn't one.

19 hours ago, Promise61 said:

I tried that - had to give it the flick. Didn't like it - I scrolled to the end bit.

I wonder if I was watching the same one? 'Mine' had info about how the Mormons came about and the manuscripts. I only watched it to find out more about what Brandon believes in. 

57 minutes ago, Eileen said:

I tried that - had to give it the flick. Didn't like it - I scrolled to the end bit.

I wonder if I was watching the same one? 'Mine' had info about how the Mormons came about and the manuscripts. I only watched it to find out more about what Brandon believes in. 

Yeah. That was the one. The guy was a genius. Shame his talent was channelled in the wrong direction. 

The Devil and Father Amorth.......just fascinating for me.

The guy who directed The Exorcist does directed this as well.

Film of a real exorcism on a woman in a small Italian town.

Disturbing, but incredible to watch.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2021 at 5:08 PM, KIWIWAL said:

image.png.ae0e087fb6827b167e5a9395832d017c.png

Oh no

I couldn't watch that

I have a bad feeling about the end

2 hours ago, gsquare said:

It’s actually very good. 

I know but .......

I know it will be sad 

(Someone who watched it told me)

This one is a damning look at commercial fishing and how it is decimating our oceans.  A lot of this I was already aware of, but geez there is so much more going on that is just completely F'ed up and seriously depressing.  I'm not sure I'm gonna ever eat fish again....

seaspiracyDocpostermainimagebig599.jpg

official trailer

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

image.png.215c6c8f69a6f0f89410726e70438db0.png

I'm sure that when this film came out quite a few years ago, it got good reviews? I thought it was pretty bad :( The acting was awful.  Jodie Foster is better than that, usually.

My opinion - the two other films up there ^^^ were much better, and probably cost half as much to make.

• 2 weeks later...