Daisey Jeep

netflex- any recomendations ?

Recommended Posts

I've discovered a show on netflix called Springsteen On Broadway, it's about a rock and roll superstar.

I recommend it, I've watched it 18 times already.

  • Like 5
  • Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

I've discovered a show on netflix called Springsteen On Broadway, it's about a rock and roll superstar.

I recommend it, I've watched it 18 times already.

Hmmm...  Sounds interesting.  I might give it a go.

  • Bruuuuce! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Ritual was very good.  Stick it in the horror genre.  Well made, very creepy.

Before I Wake was also a good watch. Nice twist on an old theme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Highwaymen was brilliant.  Kevin Costner, Woody Harrelson, Kathy Bates in the true story of the hunt for Bonnie and Clyde.  Harrelson is particularly good.  

Great score, too.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 7:25 PM, newcastle roy said:

I've discovered a show on netflix called Springsteen On Broadway, it's about a rock and roll superstar.

I recommend it, I've watched it 18 times already.

I have tried to watch it but it keeps telling me it is only available to verified fans :rolleyes:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AMIW said:

I have tried to watch it but it keeps telling me it is only available to verified fans :rolleyes:

I tried to watch it also, but had to hide behind the sofa with my cuddling animals. Felt so bad for that dude. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2019 at 7:25 AM, Promise61 said:

The Highwaymen was brilliant.  Kevin Costner, Woody Harrelson, Kathy Bates in the true story of the hunt for Bonnie and Clyde.  Harrelson is particularly good.  

Great score, too.

Got that one in mind for my night off tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

the-disappearance-of-madeleine-mccann-review-netflix.jpg

 

I've got to say... That one embrassed in more than a few moments...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tom-Joad said:

 

I've got to say... That one embrassed in more than a few moments...

What do you mean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, janeymarywendy said:

What do you mean?

Well, I'm Portuguese... and the work of some in the Portuguese police was really hard to believe. Not that I think that the parents should have been automatically cleared, but the way they insisted on that theory and focusing on that instead of on finding her is really embarassing. I guess those parents will never outlive the guilt of having left their children alone while they went for dinner and if they didn't have anything to do with it (as seems to be the case), now they also have to live with the idea that, had things beend dealt with differently, maybe they would have found her.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

the-disappearance-of-madeleine-mccann-review-netflix.jpg

I don't know if saying 'I thoroughly enjoyed this' is appropriate, but I did. I found it riveting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Promise61 said:

I don't know if saying 'I thoroughly enjoyed this' is appropriate, but I did. I found it riveting.

Me too.  I binge-watched it, as they say :) Not a lot that we don't already know, although I found that Brian Kennedy and his son a bit odd.  I didn't know about them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2019 at 11:25 PM, newcastle roy said:

I've discovered a show on netflix called Springsteen On Broadway, it's about a rock and roll superstar.

I recommend it, I've watched it 18 times already.

Only 18? causal fan.:lol:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

the-disappearance-of-madeleine-mccann-review-netflix.jpg

 

I watched this one as well.  So sad they never found this little girl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished season 3 of Santa Clarita Diet. As far as light comedies go, doesn't get much better than this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2019 at 7:25 AM, Promise61 said:

The Highwaymen was brilliant.  Kevin Costner, Woody Harrelson, Kathy Bates in the true story of the hunt for Bonnie and Clyde.  Harrelson is particularly good.  

Great score, too.

That was a very satisfying film. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2019 at 8:54 AM, Tom-Joad said:

Just finished season 3 of Santa Clarita Diet. As far as light comedies go, doesn't get much better than this.

ive watched 4 eposodes on your recommendation 

light relief 

but weird

ill watch some more tonight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On My Block.

I don't know what it was about the trailer that made me check it out, but I watched the whole first season today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2019 at 6:14 PM, BrilliantDisguise said:

I thought this was pretty good too.

Image result for you netflix poster

Finished watching all these episodes (and boy! are there a lot!) today.  Started off really promising and creepy, but as it progressed I wondered if it was becoming a bit of a comedy.  Quite a good twist at the end though.

I think it would've made a really good 2-hour film.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just watched The Discovery … cos Robert Redford's in it.

Hmmm … well … it passed an hour or so. Left me thinking 'Eh?'  The son didn't say what I thought he'd say at the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2019 at 5:47 AM, Jerseyfornia said:

That was a very satisfying film. 

Watched this on the weekend. Thoroughly enjoyed it and great roles from Costner and Harrelson.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New to Netflix for April (may vary outside of the U.S.)

Available April 1
Across the Line
All the President’s Men
Bonnie and Clyde (1967)
Deliverance
Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood 
Evolution
Freddy vs. Jason
Friday the 13th (2009)
I Am Legend
Lakeview Terrace
Monster House
Obsessed
Penelope
Pineapple Express
Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon: S2 
P.S. I Love You
Snatch
Spy Kids
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D
The Bone Collector
The Fifth Element
The Golden Compass
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2
ULTRAMAN — Netflix Anime
Valkyrie

Available April 2
Kevin Hart: Irresponsible — Netflix Original

Available April 3
Suzzanna: Buried Alive — Netflix Film

Available April 5
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina: Part 2 — Netflix Original
In the Shadows
Legacies: Season 1
Our Planet — Netflix Original
Persona: Collection — Netflix Original
Roman Empire: Caligula: The Mad Emperor — Netflix Original
Spirit Riding Free: Season 8 — Netflix Original
Tijuana — Netflix Original
Unicorn Store — Netflix Film

Available April 9
Trolls: The Beat Goes On!: Season 6 — Netflix Original

Available April 10
New Girl: Season 7
You vs. Wild — Netflix Original

Available April 11
Black Summer — Netflix Original

Available April 12
A Land Imagined — Netflix Film
Band Aid
Huge in France — Netflix Original
Mighty Little Bheem — Netflix Original
The Perfect Date — Netflix Film
The Silence — Netflix Film
Special — Netflix Original
Who Would You Take to a Deserted Island? — Netflix Film

Available April 15
Luis Miguel — The Series: Season 1
No Good Nick — Netflix Original

Available April 16
Super Monsters Furever Friends — Netflix Original

Available April 18
My First First Love — Netflix Original

Available April 19
A Fortunate Man — Netflix Film
Brené Brown: The Call to Courage — Netflix Original
Cuckoo: Season 5 — Netflix Original
I, Daniel Blake
Music Teacher — Netflix Film
Rilakkuma and Kaoru — Netflix Anime
Samantha!: Season 2 — Netflix Original
Someone Great — Netflix Film

Available April 20
Grass Is Greener — Netflix Original

Available April 22
Pinky Malinky: Part 2 — Netflix Original
Selection Day, New Episodes — Netflix Original

Available April 23
I Think You Should Leave With Tim Robinson — Netflix Original

Available April 24
Bonding — Netflix Original

Available April 25
The Hateful Eight: Extended Version
The Ugly Truth

Available April 26
ReMastered: Devil at the Crossroads — Netflix Original
She-Ra and the Princesses of Power: Season 2 — Netflix Original
Street Food — Netflix Original
The Sapphires
Yankee — Netflix Original

Available April 27
American Honey

April 29
Burning
The Imitation Game

April 30
Anthony Jeselnik: Fire in the Maternity Ward — Netflix Original
Baki: Part 2 — Netflix Anime
Ingress: The Animation — Netflix Anime

 

Looks to be a good month, with classics like Bonnie & Clyde, All The President's Men and Deliverance right at the top and some real gems scattered throughout. Pineapple Express. It must be April. 

The ReMastered investigative documentary series is excellent and I recommend it to anyone who loves music. It investigates events involving well-known musicians. I didn't know about it until I watched the episode on Miami Showband, but I've watched all the available episodes and I'm seriously looking forward to this month's Devil At The Crossroads.

I can't recommend this show enough. 

rm.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dang !

I can't remember who it was around these parts who hadn't seen Deliverance ???

Maybe it was someome from my old work ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

New to Netflix for April (may vary outside of the U.S.)

Available April 1
Across the Line
All the President’s Men
Bonnie and Clyde (1967)
Deliverance
Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood 
Evolution
Freddy vs. Jason
Friday the 13th (2009)
I Am Legend
Lakeview Terrace
Monster House
Obsessed
Penelope
Pineapple Express
Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon: S2 
P.S. I Love You
Snatch
Spy Kids
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D
The Bone Collector
The Fifth Element
The Golden Compass
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2
ULTRAMAN — Netflix Anime
Valkyrie

Available April 2
Kevin Hart: Irresponsible — Netflix Original

Available April 3
Suzzanna: Buried Alive — Netflix Film

Available April 5
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina: Part 2 — Netflix Original
In the Shadows
Legacies: Season 1
Our Planet — Netflix Original
Persona: Collection — Netflix Original
Roman Empire: Caligula: The Mad Emperor — Netflix Original
Spirit Riding Free: Season 8 — Netflix Original
Tijuana — Netflix Original
Unicorn Store — Netflix Film

Available April 9
Trolls: The Beat Goes On!: Season 6 — Netflix Original

Available April 10
New Girl: Season 7
You vs. Wild — Netflix Original

Available April 11
Black Summer — Netflix Original

Available April 12
A Land Imagined — Netflix Film
Band Aid
Huge in France — Netflix Original
Mighty Little Bheem — Netflix Original
The Perfect Date — Netflix Film
The Silence — Netflix Film
Special — Netflix Original
Who Would You Take to a Deserted Island? — Netflix Film

Available April 15
Luis Miguel — The Series: Season 1
No Good Nick — Netflix Original

Available April 16
Super Monsters Furever Friends — Netflix Original

Available April 18
My First First Love — Netflix Original

Available April 19
A Fortunate Man — Netflix Film
Brené Brown: The Call to Courage — Netflix Original
Cuckoo: Season 5 — Netflix Original
I, Daniel Blake
Music Teacher — Netflix Film
Rilakkuma and Kaoru — Netflix Anime
Samantha!: Season 2 — Netflix Original
Someone Great — Netflix Film

Available April 20
Grass Is Greener — Netflix Original

Available April 22
Pinky Malinky: Part 2 — Netflix Original
Selection Day, New Episodes — Netflix Original

Available April 23
I Think You Should Leave With Tim Robinson — Netflix Original

Available April 24
Bonding — Netflix Original

Available April 25
The Hateful Eight: Extended Version
The Ugly Truth

Available April 26
ReMastered: Devil at the Crossroads — Netflix Original
She-Ra and the Princesses of Power: Season 2 — Netflix Original
Street Food — Netflix Original
The Sapphires
Yankee — Netflix Original

Available April 27
American Honey

April 29
Burning
The Imitation Game

April 30
Anthony Jeselnik: Fire in the Maternity Ward — Netflix Original
Baki: Part 2 — Netflix Anime
Ingress: The Animation — Netflix Anime

 

Looks to be a good month, with classics like Bonnie & Clyde, All The President's Men and Deliverance right at the top and some real gems scattered throughout. Pineapple Express. It must be April. 

The ReMastered investigative documentary series is excellent and I recommend it to anyone who loves music. It investigates events involving well-known musicians. I didn't know about it until I watched the episode on Miami Showband, but I've watched all the available episodes and I'm seriously looking forward to this month's Devil At The Crossroads.

I can't recommend this show enough. 

rm.png

The Sapphires is really good

April 25th

How very appropriate as thats ANZAC day

About an Australian Aboriginal group of girl singers who go to entertainment the troops in Vietnam 

I saw it at the pictures 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.