Greasy Lake Community

netflex- any recomendations ?

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've discovered a show on netflix called Springsteen On Broadway, it's about a rock and roll superstar. I recommend it, I've watched it 18 times already.

good news Kominsky Method season 2 on October 25th (probably not in HobbitLand for Daisey though)

Yeah, great stuff. Great writing, and great performances from that young cast.

Posted Images

On 4/10/2019 at 1:18 AM, SteveJhb said:

The Sam Cooke ReMastered doccie is a fascinating watch. Steve Van Zandt tweeted that it's a must see.

It's excellent. All of them were great, but this one and the Johnny Cash/Nixon episode are my favorites.

I expect that to change with the Robert Johnson episode this month.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

It's excellent. All of them were great, but this one and the Johnny Cash/Nixon episode are my favorites.

I expect that to change with the Robert Johnson episode this month.

Oo I can't wait to see that one!

59 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

The Silence (Stanley Tucci) is great.  Similar theme to A Quiet Place but still an entertaining ninety minutes. 

I just watched that last night.  Enjoyed it.

I'm starting Black Summer today. Zombie apocalypse series. Doesn't look like a Walking Dead knock-off, so I'll try it out.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

I'm starting Black Summer today. Zombie apocalypse series. Doesn't look like a Walking Dead knock-off, so I'll try it out.

Have you seen Santa Clarita diet with Dew Barrymore  ?

TJ put me on to it

Its light for the jenre :lol:

Watching WW2 in colour 

Years ago my dad gpt hold of a multi volume set of ww2 in colour books he borrowed from his boss

Colour really brings it home it was only 30 years before i was born 

So far im shocked at how much i remembered from school

I must have been paying attention or maybe there was one subject i actually enjoyed

I must say i hate looking at Hitler in colour

the-keepers.jpg?w=599

Harrowing, riveting, but questions left unanswered.

I wonder whether @JustDan knew about this story, as it happened in Baltimore, Maryland.  Of course, he may not have lived there then, or may have been too young (1969).

Once again, you have to put the time in because it runs to about 7 episodes.  I just happen to have the time on my hands at the moment, so I watched it over a couple of days.  We can never be sure who's telling the whole truth with these long-ago crimes, but my goodness me!

• Like 4

I’ve actually never lived in Baltimore. I live closer to Washington in Maryland, but I went to university there and it’s only 45 minutes from my house :)

• Thanks 1
On 4/11/2019 at 8:43 PM, Jerseyfornia said:

I thought the first few episodes were great but it seemed to run out of ideas.

On 4/12/2019 at 3:10 PM, janeymarywendy said:

the-keepers.jpg?w=599

Harrowing, riveting, but questions left unanswered.

I wonder whether @JustDan knew about this story, as it happened in Baltimore, Maryland.  Of course, he may not have lived there then, or may have been too young (1969).

Once again, you have to put the time in because it runs to about 7 episodes.  I just happen to have the time on my hands at the moment, so I watched it over a couple of days.  We can never be sure who's telling the whole truth with these long-ago crimes, but my goodness me!

On 4/20/2019 at 7:59 AM, janeymarywendy said:

ThomasJane1922byNetflix.jpg

Typical Stephen King tale.  A bit gory, but pretty good.

Saw both of these as well.  Both good.

• Like 1
On 4/21/2019 at 3:19 AM, trombettist.vecchio said:

So far on Netflix, I've seen House of Cards, Frankie and Grace, Orange Is the New BlackBroadchurch, Hinterland, Bitter Daisies, Crown, Arrested Development, Glow, WWII in Color, Most Beautiful Thing, Marcella, Flowers, and I'm halfway through Rake.

I'm running out of watchable stuff.

you have to check out the ranch

i have a somewhat rural southern background (in NZ of course) but i relate to alot of the ranch plus Sam Elliot is such a pleasure to listen to

• Like 1
On 4/21/2019 at 9:34 PM, Daisey Jeep said:

i have a somewhat rural southern background (in NZ of course) but i relate to alot of the ranch plus Sam Elliot is such a pleasure to listen to

Thanks. I'm on it right after Happy Valley.

You're from New Zealand. You have to tell me about thirteens or what I believe you call "league."

People who live upside down seem to love that game.

I can't see "soccer rules football" at all, even though it uses  eleven people like American football does,  but rugby looks pretty cool.

The thing is, at American schools, you see fifteens--not thirteens like you have down there. Fifteens looks like a good game, but I've never seen thirteens.

On 4/21/2019 at 6:34 PM, Daisey Jeep said:

It's only the second thing I could stand Kutcher in and Elliot and Winger I'll watch in anything. Good show. Very funny, even if they are a bunch of republicans.