Sign in to follow this  
Daisey Jeep

netflex- any recomendations ?

Recommended Posts

That sounds interesting. I'll watch for it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Sam Cooke ReMastered doccie is a fascinating watch. Steve Van Zandt tweeted that it's a must see.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2019 at 1:18 AM, SteveJhb said:

The Sam Cooke ReMastered doccie is a fascinating watch. Steve Van Zandt tweeted that it's a must see.

It's excellent. All of them were great, but this one and the Johnny Cash/Nixon episode are my favorites.

I expect that to change with the Robert Johnson episode this month.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

It's excellent. All of them were great, but this one and the Johnny Cash/Nixon episode are my favorites.

I expect that to change with the Robert Johnson episode this month.

Oo I can't wait to see that one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Silence (Stanley Tucci) is great.  Similar theme to A Quiet Place but still an entertaining ninety minutes. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

The Silence (Stanley Tucci) is great.  Similar theme to A Quiet Place but still an entertaining ninety minutes. 

I just watched that last night.  Enjoyed it.

I'm starting Black Summer today. Zombie apocalypse series. Doesn't look like a Walking Dead knock-off, so I'll try it out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

I just watched that last night.  Enjoyed it.

I'm starting Black Summer today. Zombie apocalypse series. Doesn't look like a Walking Dead knock-off, so I'll try it out.

Have you seen Santa Clarita diet with Dew Barrymore  ?

TJ put me on to it

Its light for the jenre :lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I've been watching it since it started. It's hilarious.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I've been watching it since it started. It's hilarious.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love those double posts :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching WW2 in colour 

Years ago my dad gpt hold of a multi volume set of ww2 in colour books he borrowed from his boss

Colour really brings it home it was only 30 years before i was born 

So far im shocked at how much i remembered from school

I must have been paying attention or maybe there was one subject i actually enjoyed

 

I must say i hate looking at Hitler in colour

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the-keepers.jpg?w=599

Harrowing, riveting, but questions left unanswered.

I wonder whether @JustDan knew about this story, as it happened in Baltimore, Maryland.  Of course, he may not have lived there then, or may have been too young (1969).

Once again, you have to put the time in because it runs to about 7 episodes.  I just happen to have the time on my hands at the moment, so I watched it over a couple of days.  We can never be sure who's telling the whole truth with these long-ago crimes, but my goodness me!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve actually never lived in Baltimore. I live closer to Washington in Maryland, but I went to university there and it’s only 45 minutes from my house :)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2019 at 3:43 PM, Jerseyfornia said:

'm starting Black Summer today. Zombie apocalypse series. Doesn't look like a Walking Dead knock-off, so I'll try it out.

Couldn't get through the first episode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2019 at 8:43 PM, Jerseyfornia said:

I just watched that last night.  Enjoyed it.

I'm starting Black Summer today. Zombie apocalypse series. Doesn't look like a Walking Dead knock-off, so I'll try it out.

I thought the first few episodes were great but it seemed to run out of ideas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far on Netflix, I've seen House of Cards, Frankie and Grace, Orange Is the New BlackBroadchurch, Hinterland, Bitter Daisies, Crown, Arrested Development, Glow, WWII in Color, Most Beautiful Thing, Marcella, Flowers, and I'm halfway through Rake.

 

I'm running out of watchable stuff.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

th?id=OIP._JXX7IE0to4EZjyMD-Oa4wHaLH&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

Brilliant film, based on a true story.  I'd highly recommend it.  Another police/race-related incident that I've never heard of.

You can probably tell by now that I'm not really a rom-com kinda gal :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2019 at 3:10 PM, janeymarywendy said:

the-keepers.jpg?w=599

Harrowing, riveting, but questions left unanswered.

I wonder whether @JustDan knew about this story, as it happened in Baltimore, Maryland.  Of course, he may not have lived there then, or may have been too young (1969).

Once again, you have to put the time in because it runs to about 7 episodes.  I just happen to have the time on my hands at the moment, so I watched it over a couple of days.  We can never be sure who's telling the whole truth with these long-ago crimes, but my goodness me!

 

On 4/20/2019 at 7:59 AM, janeymarywendy said:

ThomasJane1922byNetflix.jpg

Typical Stephen King tale.  A bit gory, but pretty good.

 

Saw both of these as well.  Both good.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2019 at 3:19 AM, trombettist.vecchio said:

So far on Netflix, I've seen House of Cards, Frankie and Grace, Orange Is the New BlackBroadchurch, Hinterland, Bitter Daisies, Crown, Arrested Development, Glow, WWII in Color, Most Beautiful Thing, Marcella, Flowers, and I'm halfway through Rake.

 

I'm running out of watchable stuff.

you have to check out the ranch

i have a somewhat rural southern background (in NZ of course) but i relate to alot of the ranch plus Sam Elliot is such a pleasure to listen to

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2019 at 9:34 PM, Daisey Jeep said:

you have to check out the ranch

i have a somewhat rural southern background (in NZ of course) but i relate to alot of the ranch plus Sam Elliot is such a pleasure to listen to

Thanks. I'm on it right after Happy Valley.

You're from New Zealand. You have to tell me about thirteens or what I believe you call "league."

People who live upside down seem to love that game.

I can't see "soccer rules football" at all, even though it uses  eleven people like American football does,  but rugby looks pretty cool.

The thing is, at American schools, you see fifteens--not thirteens like you have down there. Fifteens looks like a good game, but I've never seen thirteens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2019 at 6:34 PM, Daisey Jeep said:

you have to check out the ranch

i have a somewhat rural southern background (in NZ of course) but i relate to alot of the ranch plus Sam Elliot is such a pleasure to listen to

It's only the second thing I could stand Kutcher in and Elliot and Winger I'll watch in anything. Good show. Very funny, even if they are a bunch of republicans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this