gsquare

Sopranos marathon on HBO

One of the HBO channels is running a marathon of The Sopranos.  All of season one is on today, season two on Saturday, season three on Sunday, etc.  Gonna be hard breaking myself away from the tube for the next week.

• Like 1

Almost unrivalled in its brilliance.  Possibly Breaking Bad could match it.  Possibly.

Happy viewing.

Gandolfini was amazing in this series.  Watching as much of it as I can, playoff football taking a back seat at times.

The Pine Barons episode was on last night. So good.

• Like 4

"Im Lorraine Bracco and I played Big Pussy."

She is still so sexy and funny.

A little worried for Tony Sirico/Pauli Walnuts. He doesn't seem on the same page.

How could anyone not cry when Dominic Chianese/Uncle Junior talked about James Gandolfini at the end there? Heartbreaking.

I could have watched hours and hours of this interview.

• Like 1

Hmmm, Ginger or Mary Anne?

Dr. Melfi or Carmela?

Dominic Chianese was good friends with my uncle . They used to visit assisted livings and hospi6and sing to folks. He came to my uncles funeral. This was probably a year or two into the sopranos. He very charming, dapper and kind man. 

That story aside he obviously a very fond relationship with Gandolfini.  There is another documentary about Gandolfini that has a bit about a poem Chianese wrote about him after his death. The theme compares him to wine wine. It's very touching.

Tremendous show, and seemingly cool group of people.