Sign in to follow this  
THUE

The Who 2019

The Who died on 9-7-78.  They should have stayed buried.

Oh Fer Fuck Sake, again?

• Haha 1

I went to their farewell tour in 1982.   At that point, they had been a band for less than 20 years.  

That was 36 years ago.

The "last" show in 82 at Maple Leaf Gardens is an awesome show. 

I get the shots at them and the final tour things.

In the end its music, they are musicians. Go play music. 

A Brexiteer and a sex offender tour again.

How delightful...

New music? Nice. Bring it on!

I read an interview, I think it was about 10 yrs ago, where Townshend was quoted as saying these tours are done to help Daltrey out financially. Townshend receives royalties from the Who catalog because he wrote or co-wrote 99% of their songs & it's a substantial catalog, so he's doing fine. Daltrey's only substantial income is through live performance. They don't make much on record sales. It is rumoured that during the 90s and 2000s, Daltrey was struggling financially, but again I read this 10 years ago and I'm not sure how accurate this information is pertaining to now. . 

On 1/15/2019 at 9:29 AM, JustDan said:

I read an interview, I think it was about 10 yrs ago, where Townshend was quoted as saying these tours are done to help Daltrey out financially. Townshend receives royalties from the Who catalog because he wrote or co-wrote 99% of their songs & it's a substantial catalog, so he's doing fine. Daltrey's only substantial income is through live performance. They don't make much on record sales. It is rumoured that during the 90s and 2000s, Daltrey was struggling financially, but again I read this 10 years ago and I'm not sure how accurate this information is pertaining to now. . 

I believe Entwistle was under this scenario.  I never heard roger being in that boat. Entwistle unfortunately was petty careless guy financially from most reports.

• Like 1