DirkNL2905

Is there any teenager (with the same problem) alive out there?

Hello guys, I’m 18 years old and I live in the Netherlands. Everybody (from 10-30 years) is listening to music from the last few years, especially the Dutch rap. That’s absolutely crap. Now I’m wondering if there are more young people with the same problem in US or EU.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

hahaha

I’m just praying that one day my friends will understand the Boss...

Dirk, you are amoung friend here

remember we are all still 16 on the inside :lol:

hated rap the first time i heard it and i hate it now

i would think New Zealand rap stinks to high heaven but the odd time i have the radio on its never on a frequency that plays rap

now call be old fashoned but i will walk out of a shop playing that garbage

not nearly enougj of my friends care to know Bruce - but listen bud - that's not a bad thing - when Bruce.tours these far shores its really stressful getting tickets because for the young and happening henbecomrs the nost fashionable place to be and they all want him to play POTUSA and nobody knows who Clarence is :(

9 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Dirk, you are amoung friend here

remember we are all still 16 on the inside :lol:

hated rap the first time i heard it and i hate it now

i would think New Zealand rap stinks to high heaven but the odd time i have the radio on its never on a frequency that plays rap

now call be old fashoned but i will walk out of a shop playing that garbage

not nearly enougj of my friends care to know Bruce - but listen bud - that's not a bad thing - when Bruce.tours these far shores its really stressful getting tickets because for the young and happening henbecomrs the nost fashionable place to be and they all want him to play POTUSA and nobody knows who Clarence is :(

Yes it’s a sin that they don’t even know the whole E Street Band

• Sad 1

Oh wait guys. The Dutch rap is totally crap, not the whole rap scene. I don’t like the rap in rocky ground but it’s okay. I can post some of the Dutch top (rap)songs if you want.

The main problem was that they don’t understand the Boss and I meant that they all’re listening to Dutch rap what I can’t believe.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, southsideryan said:

To be fair tho, Bishop Danced is kinda a rap song 

giphy.gif.295ea759b189c6e67284ef8dde30639f.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, DirkNL2905 said:

Yes it’s a sin that they don’t even know the whole E Street Band

arseholes arn't they ! 

i had major trouble getting a ticket and my sister in law's son's girlfriend got free tickets - ok she worked at a radio station  - even less of sn excuse to be ignorent when i descretly quized her over a.christmas lunch (when i was still ticketless at the time)

anyway Dirk - don't worry about your oen friends - you have all of us now 

a couple of my favorite posters are from the Netherlands 

11 minutes ago, DirkNL2905 said:

hahaha

I've been in your position. It was only a few years ago that I was teen who loves the music of Springsteen and The E Street Band while his mates both loved modern music and just outright didn't/don't like Springsteen at all. I've heard "Springsteen's dead" said as an attempt to wind me up more times than I can remember. 

I'll level with ya, I gave up praying or trying to convince people to 'understand The Boss' years ago. Now, I'll still talk about my fandom and say things that I'm 100% certain they have no clue about. In two days time I'll probably mention "it's Archive day" to a reaction of silence, with whoever I've said it to thinking "what's he on about?" It's just something you've gotta accept. People won't get it. You do. You, in all of our minds, are one of the lucky ones. 

My advice is to just let aspects of people's music fandom happen naturally. If you ever feel like there's a moment you can recommend a Bruce song to a friend, go for it, but never force it on anyone, that's the wrong way of going about doing it. Let your friends enjoy their rap music, you enjoy your Bruce. I mean, I went to Ibiza about three years ago and watched people look on at DJs playing house music/rave in the same sense of awe that I'd look upon Bruce and The E Street Band playing "Point Blank" or something. I don't like house music/rave, but the way certain genres, like Dutch rap for example, hit other people will be very very similar to how "Thunder Road" hits you. 

If you're ever desperate to talk about anything Bruce Springsteen related but there's nobody in real life there to talk about him to, just post whatever's on your mind on here. I mean, you clearly already know that given the fact you've signed up, so don't be to say/ask anything. 98% of us are sound as fuck. 

• Like 5

i surpose rap fans could say ehat i say about Bruce

you have to listen and pay attention 

but holy cow some of those rap lyrics :o

32 minutes ago, DirkNL2905 said:

hahaha

I'm praying for my gf to understand Bruce 

• Like 2

I know how you feel. I got into Bruce hardcore about 6 years ago when I was a freshman in high school and the only person I could talk to about Bruce was my US history teacher that had a Born to Run poster in his classroom. 

• Like 3

i only had the guy in the cd shop down the mall

he was awfully good natured about it

• Like 1

@Paolo's Circus Story 

Yeah that’s very recognizeable. I think you’re right, I couldn’t do anything about it. Thanks

@Daisey Jeep

Oh that’s very nice! Above my bed hangs Amsterdam 1975 poster! 

Then I’m kinda lucky because in my family are more Springsteen fans!

• Like 2

Dirk - now your here may i invite you over to some of the other forums  ?

loose ends etc 

also 'what Brice song are you listening to' on this forum is really great 

you can discover live versions and outtakes to your heart's content

....also

you have a cat or dog ? (pinned top of this page)

thats a great way to say hi 

1 hour ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

98% of us are sound as fuck.

And for the other two percent of us, well their entire vocabulary consists of: wembley, 2002, release, now.

• Haha 7

I have very few friends who like Bruce.  It's ok, I get so much from him, it doesn’t matter to me if other people appreciate him.  

• Like 3

Even though there's millions of us it still feels like being part of an obscure cult some times. Until you're trying for tickets ofcourse

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, DirkNL2905 said:

Thanks guys for welcoming me!

9 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Dirk - now your here may i invite you over to some of the other forums  ?

l

But stay away from the Ladies Topic; nothing to see there.

Don't say you like the BJ song when Linda is online.

But saying you like Lost In The Flood, a REAL LONG Kitty and Wembley 2002 could make you very populair on this forum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm in my late 20's (will be 30 in a few weeks). I dont listen to anything modern, it all sucks. Everything I listen to is from late 90's early-2000's, obviously Bruce and anything from the 80's on back to the 60's. 

• Bruuuuce! 1