Jimmy James

The Official 2019 MLB Thread

13 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Welcome back JB. Your humor has been missed.  

Thank you.  I will try to be more active but no guarantees.  Hope all in the Den and elsewhere are well

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JudgeBrown said:

Thank you.  I will try to be more active but no guarantees.  Hope all in the Den and elsewhere are well

JB! A rare sighting! And only cos I spotted your post on this fred. I rarely post or look in the Den. Thought you'd been banned :D

How's the pooch?

Yankees vs. Astros

Nationals vs. Cardinals

Predictions?  Hopes?  Dreams?    I know Jimmy is all in for the Cards.   JimCT all in for the Yankees?

Prediction:  I'm going with Yankees in 5; Cards in 5.

Hopes:  Sorry guys, I'm rooting for Astros  / Nationals.  If it makes you feel better, nearly every time I vote against a team, they end up winning.

• Like 1

Astros in 7/Cards in 6 (wishful thinking at least) 

1 hour ago, sonicramone said:

Yankees vs. Astros

Nationals vs. Cardinals

Predictions?  Hopes?  Dreams?    I know Jimmy is all in for the Cards.   JimCT all in for the Yankees?

Hopes:  Sorry guys, I'm rooting for Astros  / Nationals.  If it makes you feel better, nearly every time I vote against a team, they end up winning.

Yes, Yankees over 'Stros, got a score to settle

Prefer Cards over Nats, as that would set up a classic WS

23 minutes ago, JimCT said:

Prefer Cards over Nats, as that would set up a classic WS

1964, I was 3 years old, so the only thing I know about that is what I've read and heard. 

On 10/9/2019 at 5:57 PM, Jimmy James said:

Hopefully my friend @Wasted in the heat isn't at the game today. 

Thankfully I was not at the game JimmyJ.  What a farce.  Painful though it was, they really lost the series in Game 4 when they had multiple chances to clinch the series and blew it.  At least it was over quickly.  lol.  

23 hours ago, JustDan said:

Fans in NYC, Chicago & the Bay area never struggle with loyalty & love, but it's different in the DC/Baltimore area. A large portion of MD exists around the Beltway & loyalties are frayed. It's a different dynamic.

Baltimore Fans Struggle with Rooting for Nationals

https://www.baltimorebaseball.com/2019/10/08/orioles-fans-struggle-nationals-question-former-orioles-featured-braves-cards-series/?fbclid=IwAR0Zi7moGDSAJ6x6DYHzRs5kquE7fjsK-3rIzzb1fBI6Fb1uXglKW_FepPg

Don't know if I agree with that Dan.  Working class south sider White Sox fans detest the north shore blue bloods and the Cubs.  Mets fans are notoriously hostile (one might say jealous) of the Yankees.  And although I don't think there is much hatred, there is apathy between Giants and A's fans (same with the Dodgers and Angels).  

Anyway, will be rooting for the Nats in the NLDS (sorry JJ).  Yadi Molina and Mike Shildt could use an attitude adjustment.  Only sorry the Braves weren't the ones to administer it.  I probably won't be watching though.  

14 minutes ago, Wasted in the heat said:

Yadi Molina and Mike Shildt could use an attitude adjustment

I agree. Molina is why Matheny got fired last year. And what Shildt just said, will be caulk-board talk that didn't need to happen. 

16 minutes ago, Wasted in the heat said:

I probably won't be watching though.  

Baseball is painful to watch if your team isn't playing. 

3 hours ago, Wasted in the heat said:

Thankfully I was not at the game JimmyJ.  What a farce.  Painful though it was, they really lost the series in Game 4 when they had multiple chances to clinch the series and blew it.  At least it was over quickly.  lol.  

Well, at least they had Susan Tedeschi sing the National Anthem :) 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wasted in the heat said:

Don't know if I agree with that Dan.  Working class south sider White Sox fans detest the north shore blue bloods and the Cubs.  Mets fans are notoriously hostile (one might say jealous) of the Yankees.  And although I don't think there is much hatred, there is apathy between Giants and A's fans (same with the Dodgers and Angels).  

Anyway, will be rooting for the Nats in the NLDS (sorry JJ).  Yadi Molina and Mike Shildt could use an attitude adjustment.  Only sorry the Braves weren't the ones to administer it.  I probably won't be watching though.  

My fault. Should've added "because the lines have already been drawn and there is years of history behind the loyalties".

So proud of my Redbirds. Scoring 2 runs in three games. The scout for the Nationals, that scouted the Cards needs a raise. 

But this is kind of how the whole season has went big losing streaks and then long winning streaks. So maybe!! I think not. 

8 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

So proud of my Redbirds. Scoring 2 runs in three games. The scout for the Nationals, that scouted the Cards needs a raise. 

But this is kind of how the whole season has went big losing streaks and then long winning streaks. So maybe!! I think not. 

Surprising to see the Nats do so well against the Cards.  Sure, good pitching will beat good hitting, but the Cards seem more solid from top to bottom.

But, that's baseball for ya!

• Like 1

World serious in DC

EG4MqxBUwAAfb7U.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/11/2019 at 7:56 AM, sonicramone said:

Yankees vs. Astros

Nationals vs. Cardinals

0 for 2 in my predictions.   Go figure.

Anyway, it's been a fun series to watch...even if my teams went home weeks ago.   Astros v. Nats should make for a fun but low-rated World Series.  I'm done with predictions, but I'd like to see Verlander or Cole take a loss in one of the games just to make it interesting.

Strasbourg, Scherzer, Verlander, Cole....four future hall of famers?

1 hour ago, sonicramone said:

Strasbourg, Scherzer, Verlander, Cole....four future hall of famers?

For sure on JV and Scherzer. The other two have more work to do before getting in.. IMO. Good topic!! 

Nancy did it first! (the baby shark thing) GO NATS! :P

72886974_10219829487868897_1934751169050

Screen_Shot_2019-07-23_at_11.05.55_PM.0.

Well, looks like it's midnight & the glass slipper has fallen off Nats fans. Cinderella didn't make it home on time. Trump's going to the game tomorrow. Maybe he can be their good luck omen & turn it all back around. 

11 hours ago, JustDan said:

Well, looks like it's midnight & the glass slipper has fallen off Nats fans. Cinderella didn't make it home on time. Trump's going to the game tomorrow. Maybe he can be their good luck omen & turn it all back around. 

Three game series with Strasbourg, Scherzer, Cole and Verlander.  Should be fun!

• Like 1

I wonder what the record for most wins by the visiting teams in a world Series is.  So far the visitors have won every game.

On 10/10/2019 at 8:38 PM, janeymarywendy said:

JB! A rare sighting! And only cos I spotted your post on this fred. I rarely post or look in the Den. Thought you'd been banned :D

How's the pooch?

She is great thank you.  Today is the eight year anniversary of the day I brought her home.

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1