JimCT

Lindsey Buckingham surgery

Oh dear.  Not boding well for his voice coz it's already lost a lot of power.  

I remember going to an FM show in the summer of ‘78. They did a summer stadium tour that year after “Rumours” exploded. We were on the field packed in like a can or sardines near the stage. Bob Welsh had opened the show and then Steve Miller Band came on. It was so fucking hot and humid. After Steve Miller finished his hour-long set there seemed to be an agonizing wait for FM. Almost an hour. The rumbling in the crowd was getting louder & more vicious. After what seemed like an eternity this dude saunters up to the center stage mic & annonces that FM would not be able to play because Lindsey Buckingham had to undergo an emergency spinal tap the night before and he was in a lot of pain. The whole band was backstage ready to go on. Lindsey got up when the stage call came and as he stood up he passed out. They called the EMTs & he was transported back to the hospital. The band could not play. The crowd went nuts. Crap started flying up on stage & they hustled the guy (FM’s road mgr) off the stage. I remember being  so pissed, but read in the paper what a spinal tap entailed at the time (late 70s) and understood. They rescheduled the show for September and it was an awesome 2+ hr show. Lindsey’s had health issues on & off since the 70s. Hope he’ll be ok. Amazing guitarist and studio recording wizard.

• Like 1

this was on the news last night

i feel bad for him and wish him a lasting recovery

On 2/10/2019 at 11:33 AM, JustDan said:

I remember going to an FM show in the summer of ‘78. They did a summer stadium tour that year after “Rumours” exploded. We were on the field packed in like a can or sardines near the stage. Bob Welsh had opened the show and then Steve Miller Band came on. It was so fucking hot and humid. After Steve Miller finished his hour-long set there seemed to be an agonizing wait for FM. Almost an hour. The rumbling in the crowd was getting louder & more vicious. After what seemed like an eternity this dude saunters up to the center stage mic & annonces that FM would not be able to play because Lindsey Buckingham had to undergo an emergency spinal tap the night before and he was in a lot of pain. The whole band was backstage ready to go on. Lindsey got up when the stage call came and as he stood up he passed out. They called the EMTs & he was transported back to the hospital. The band could not play. The crowd went nuts. Crap started flying up on stage & they hustled the guy (FM’s road mgr) off the stage. I remember being  so pissed, but read in the paper what a spinal tap entailed at the time (late 70s) and understood. They rescheduled the show for September and it was an awesome 2+ hr show. Lindsey’s had health issues on & off since the 70s. Hope he’ll be ok. Amazing guitarist and studio recording wizard.

I'm jealous that you got to see Spinal Tap!  Did they play Stonehenge? 

I hope I didn't misread anything in Dan's post.  Those Redwire block of texts get to my eyes. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bbb said:

I hope I didn't misread anything in Dan's post.  Those Redwire block of texts get to my eyes. 

image.png.7dcc9ca9a7e864a35b956a14cf67db1b.png

I remember going to an FM show in the summer of ‘78. They did a summer stadium tour that year after “Rumours” exploded. We were on the field packed in like a can or sardines near the stage. Bob Welsh had opened the show and then Steve Miller Band came on. It was so fucking hot and humid.

After Steve Miller finished his hour-long set there seemed to be an agonizing wait for FM. Almost an hour. The rumbling in the crowd was getting louder & more vicious. After what seemed like an eternity this dude saunters up to the center stage mic & annonces that FM would not be able to play because Lindsey Buckingham had to undergo an emergency spinal tap the night before and he was in a lot of pain.

The whole band was backstage ready to go on. Lindsey got up when the stage call came and as he stood up he passed out. They called the EMTs & he was transported back to the hospital. The band could not play.

The crowd went nuts. Crap started flying up on stage & they hustled the guy (FM’s road mgr) off the stage. I remember being  so pissed, but read in the paper what a spinal tap entailed at the time (late 70s) and understood. They rescheduled the show for September and it was an awesome 2+ hr show. Lindsey’s had health issues on & off since the 70s. Hope he’ll be ok. Amazing guitarist and studio recording wizard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, bbb said:

Welby used to write like that too

its over excitment 

the trick to it is to read it really fast as if the person is there in front of you telling you passionately all about it at 100 miles an hour maybe getting a bit of spittle on you :lol:

then calmly go back and read what you missed 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JustDan said:

image.png.7dcc9ca9a7e864a35b956a14cf67db1b.png

I remember going to an FM show in the summer of ‘78. They did a summer stadium tour that year after “Rumours” exploded. We were on the field packed in like a can or sardines near the stage. Bob Welsh had opened the show and then Steve Miller Band came on. It was so fucking hot and humid.

After Steve Miller finished his hour-long set there seemed to be an agonizing wait for FM. Almost an hour. The rumbling in the crowd was getting louder & more vicious. After what seemed like an eternity this dude saunters up to the center stage mic & annonces that FM would not be able to play because Lindsey Buckingham had to undergo an emergency spinal tap the night before and he was in a lot of pain.

The whole band was backstage ready to go on. Lindsey got up when the stage call came and as he stood up he passed out. They called the EMTs & he was transported back to the hospital. The band could not play.

The crowd went nuts. Crap started flying up on stage & they hustled the guy (FM’s road mgr) off the stage. I remember being  so pissed, but read in the paper what a spinal tap entailed at the time (late 70s) and understood. They rescheduled the show for September and it was an awesome 2+ hr show. Lindsey’s had health issues on & off since the 70s. Hope he’ll be ok. Amazing guitarist and studio recording wizard.

So, did Tap play Stonehenge? 

43 minutes ago, bbb said:

Nah, but they did the public premier of "Lick My Love Pump."  Solid gold.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bbb said:

doofus