Greasy Lake Community

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A lot of times when I'm listening to oldies, I'm surprised by how many huge hits there were about underage girls. I've listened to Ryan Adams since the mid 90s, but I've always been of the opinio

I have no idea. I don’t think that’s a moral judgment of right and wrong. You’re either able to continue enjoying the music or you’re not. And I think both things are fine. Personally, I’ll think less

Your tone is one of condescension, not criticism. I'm sure you're aware of the difference. I'm more than willing to accept constructive criticism & have done so in the past here. I dont take kindl

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Ryan Adams released his first album since the allegations today - Wednesdays 

Online release today followed by a physical release in March. 

Also interesting that the trilogy idea is still happening - pre-allegations, he was planning on releasing three albums in 2020 (Big Colors, Wednesdays and an unnamed third album).

Wednesdays seems to be a reduced version (maybe due to some collaborators not wanting their songs released, e.g. Jason Isbell) and includes a couple of Big Colors songs. Wednesdays also seems to have been chosen as a more appropriate release to re-emerge with as it’s very low key, mostly just Ryan and his guitar and/or piano. 

Interested to see what the other two albums will be, although I won’t lie the allegations have somewhat dampened my appetite for more of his music 

The allegations don't really bother me - it's not as if he's a brexiteer or anything like that.  

Not convinced by this album on first listen - but Birmingham is a neat tune.  It's certainly not as good as Ashes/Fire - probably the last low key Ryan Adams record. 

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Growin' Up said:

The allegations don't really bother me - it's not as if he's a brexiteer or anything like that.  

Not convinced by this album on first listen - but Birmingham is a neat tune.  It's certainly not as good as Ashes/Fire - probably the last low key Ryan Adams record. 

I have noticed that all but the most hardline brexiteers have gone rather quiet of late - what a mess we’re in at the minute (apologies if that crosses any political rules feel free to delete as appropriate - I do kind of think that what I said is factual though)

I’ve seen a few comparisons to Ashes & Fire - I think I’ll like this more than Ashes & Fire simply because I wasn’t a Ryan Adams fan  at the time of that release. 

Prisoner was probably in my top 3 records of all time (and believe me that is a competitive list - I listen to a lot of music) at the time the article was published (it may still be, I haven’t really decided), I loved that 80s rock thing he had going so I’ll be sad if we never get Big Colors. 

I was also a huge Ryan Adams fan at the time the article was published - I remember he was tweeting a lot and doing a lot of Instagram live sessions and I was so excited for the three 2019 albums and shows I had tickets for. He seemed in a decent place then, but I guess we’ll never know, really, what state he was in. 

Truth be told, I wasn’t really familiar with Ryan Adams ‘the man’ until that article revealed some of his numerable flaws