Sign in to follow this  
doesthisbusstop

Turn the guitar up

Watching Hammersmith 75 dvd now and I always smile at that loud cockney shout of “turn the guitar up” at the end of born to run. Brilliant. 

If that guy is alive and well and still a fan to this day, he must sure hate the Altschiller mixes. 

• Like 5
  • Bruuuuce! 1

i tolerate him alot better than the sceeching mother durring sunny day on the Hyde park dvd

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

i tolerate him alot better than the sceeching mother durring sunny day on the Hyde park dvd

Just skip the damn song. Problem solved.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Nailed on to turn into a "fans we can hear shouting who we don't like" thread, this...

The woman who shouts "You got it!" after Bruce says "I wanted everything" during "Growin' Up" at The Roxy '78 is top cringe. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I like those folks who are momentarily driven mad by the power and the promise of this thing called rock n roll.

Turn that volume up!!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Nailed on to turn into a "fans we can hear shouting who we don't like" thread, this...

The woman who shouts "You got it!" after Bruce says "I wanted everything" during "Growin' Up" at The Roxy '78 is top cringe. 

Earworm.   ...to the point where if they re-issued it with her edited out, I'd notice it,  and it'd bug me. 

Same song, parts of the crowd asking *exactly* where his parents are. Spoiler alert: he was bull$hitting you, folks. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, phantomengineer said:

Just skip the damn song. Problem solved.

I was about to say "I never heard that screech" when I realised I've probably never listened to that performance of that song for more than the first 30 seconds before skipping it... 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I think that one is hilarious... 

8 minutes ago, J said:

I was about to say "I never heard that screech" when I realised I've probably never listened to that performance of that song for more than the first 30 seconds before skipping it... 

Oh come on, the guy who shouts “go on sing up, sing up” to the kid just before the screech is fantastic. Not sure who he is....:wub:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Oh come on, the guy who shouts “go on sing up, sing up” to the kid just before the screech is fantastic. Not sure who he is....:wub:

Yeah, but that means sitting through the whole song first. 

I have a TOL boot where there are multiple shouts of “PLEASE SIT DOWN!!” next to the taper during “I’m On Fire”.

On 2/15/2019 at 10:07 PM, doesthisbusstop said:

Watching Hammersmith 75 dvd now and I always smile at that loud cockney shout of “turn the guitar up” at the end of born to run. Brilliant. 

If that guy is alive and well and still a fan to this day, he must sure hate the Altschiller mixes. 

I thought it was a women :D

Maybe it was a bloke who's town halls hadn't got there yet.:D

• Haha 1

I'd definitely miss the "Bruce, I still fucking love ya" guy on my boots of Birmingham 99 and Wembley 02 if they were released officially and edited! 

12 hours ago, J said:

I think that one is hilarious... 

So do I.  Didn't know it from hearing it, just reading it here, but it is hilarious.  He does Got It.  

10 hours ago, lofgrenfan said:

I'd definitely miss the "Bruce, I still fucking love ya" guy on my boots of Birmingham 99 and Wembley 02 if they were released officially and edited! 

And Hammersmith 2006 when Bruce replies with “we all have our obsessions”.

I think actually on Brixton Night 1996 Crystal Cat cds Bruce actually mentions that the “fucking love ya guy” is there again. 

• Like 2

My favorite shout out is the Interior Decorator lady during the Cleveland Agora Growin Up story.  Perfect timing and giggling reaction from Bruce. 

• Haha 2

Oh fuck.  Watching Broadway and had forgotten all about the yahoo in the audience who yelled "Patricia" when Bruce was introducing Patty.

They really should have tried to edit that shit right out.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kay said:

Oh fuck.  Watching Broadway and had forgotten all about the yahoo in the audience who yelled "Patricia" when Bruce was introducing Patty.

They really should have tried to edit that shit right out.  

Or simply edited Patti out. Would have freed up a couple of slots.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Or simply edited Patti out. Would have freed up a couple of slots.

Actually I believe Patti's part of this show are the best the show has to offer. IMHO

But back on subject: Why would a mixer turn down a guitar solo? Isn't it the point of a solo? I semi-understand during a song but not during a solo. 

17 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Actually I believe Patti's part of this show are the best the show has to offer. IMHO

But back on subject: Why would a mixer turn down a guitar solo? Isn't it the point of a solo? I semi-understand during a song but not during a solo. 

Did you ever hear the tape of Linda McCartney's vocal isolated....

46 minutes ago, jukebox said:

Did you ever hear the tape of Linda McCartney's vocal isolated....

No, why good or bad?

On 2/17/2019 at 9:12 AM, doesthisbusstop said:

And Hammersmith 2006 when Bruce replies with “we all have our obsessions”.

I think actually on Brixton Night 1996 Crystal Cat cds Bruce actually mentions that the “fucking love ya guy” is there again. 

Will have to have a listen to the Hammersmith one. He acknowledged him at Wembley with the "too much love drives a man insane" comment!