Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy James

1st.....

Recommended Posts

This thread I would like to hear and see what your first were. 1st time seeing Bruce in a club, Theater, an Arena and a Stadium.  

Club: no, never seen Bruce in a Club

Theater: yes Kiel Opera House 11/25/78 - I was too young and stupid to understand what I was seeing. At that time I was much more into a heavier sound. 

Arena: Yes St. Louis Checkerdome 11/15/84- Unbelievable, fell in love as this crossed the musical gap between my girlfriends(wife now) music and my music. 

Stadium: never been to one, but a bucket list is: Giant Stadium(or whatever it's called today) or Madrid/Barcelona.   

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Club: never

Theatre: never

Arena: yes; first time: Stockholm 15.6.92

Stadium: yes; first time (stadium and Bruce): Oslo 27.7.88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dr. Zoom said:

Club: never

Theatre: never

Arena: yes; first time: Stockholm 15.6.92

Stadium: yes; first time (stadium and Bruce): Oslo 27.7.88

That's kind of funny, as I won't thing one's first show would be a Stadium show, and that's why I listed it as such. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stadium: first ever Bruce, first ever gig of any kind ... Wembley Stadium 1985

Arena: the other Wembley Arena 1992

Smaller venues: sadly never

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Theater: De Doelen Rotterdam 25 February 1996.

Arena: Ahoy Rotterdam 20 April 1993.

Stadium: De Kuip Rotterdam 29 June 1988.

These were also my first 3 Bruce Springsteen shows.:)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Club/Theater: Sadly, never

Arena: Lexington, KY 1988.. Stood in line at Radio Shack to purchase tickets for my girlfriend and me. Thank God I did, show sold out in a few hours. 

Stadium: Never.. booooo 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Theater / club: none

Arena: 22 oktober 2002 Ahoy Rotterdam

Stadium:  6 may 2003 De Kuip Rotterdam

My first 2 shows

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, fadeaway said:

Stadium: Never.. booooo

Don't say never ;), put it on a bucket list like I. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jimmy James said:

Don't say never ;), put it on a bucket list like I. 

Just did!! Hahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, stillilllife said:

Stadium: Ullevi, Göteborg 2008

Arena: Friends arena, Stockholm, 2013

But is Friends Arena an arena? 55k stadium with a roof. Great shows back in 2013 though. Full album shows that were a genuine surprise.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Theatre: Walter Kerr October 6th 2017

Stadium: Wembley July 4th 1985

Arena: Düsseldorf June 16 2005

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, davemunday said:

Arena: Düsseldorf June 16 2005

I was at that show too:) and I would not really call it an arena. Also not a theater. Something inbetween.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lampi said:

I was at that show too:) and I would not really call it an arena. Also not a theater. Something inbetween.

 

It was a great show, one of my favourites 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Club? Nah

Theatre? Nah

Arena? Nah

Stadium? :)

Springsteen_playing_in_Sunderland,_June_

Paolo you should have gave me a wave!

7418909284_6da55375ca_o.thumb.jpg.17b059e969460b469eab87f41e53032a.jpg

 

Club: nope

Theatre: nope

Arena: Leeds

Stadium: Stadium of shyte (Sorry Paolo, Geordie through and through), Etihad, Hampden x 2, 

Oh and a Park: Hyde Park in Landon!  (Thats how imagine a cockney saying London) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Badlands_89 said:

Paolo you should have gave me a wave!

7418909284_6da55375ca_o.thumb.jpg.17b059e969460b469eab87f41e53032a.jpg

 

Club: nope

Theatre: nope

Arena: Leeds

Stadium: Stadium of shyte (Sorry Paolo, Geordie through and through), Etihad, Hampden x 2, 

Oh and a Park: Hyde Park in Landon!  (Thats how imagine a cockney saying London) 

Not my photo mate, I was in the seats up around the North West Corner 

By the way that derogatory comment about the SoL isn't on :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Not my photo mate, I was in the seats up around the North West Corner 

By the way that derogatory comment about the SoL isn't on :lol:

Sorry pal, only time Sunderlands had a full stadium! no pink seats to be seen. 

:D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first Bruce concert was held in an outdoor venue, the old Riem airport in Munich, 1993, which was none of the above mentioned venues. :P

Arena, Bercy 2002

Stadium, Trieste 2012 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Badlands_89 said:

Sorry pal, only time Sunderlands had a full stadium! no pink seats to be seen. 

:D

Oi!

The stadium was full for The Jovi the next year too. 

And we haven't got pink seats anymore! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Club: no

Theater: Fox in Detroit, opening of D&D tour

Arena: MSG, Thanksgiving, 1980

Stadium: Carrier Dome, Syracuse 1985 (it's actually something between an overgrown arena and a small stadium IMO) For a real stadium, Wembley, 3 Jul 85 :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in my dreams...

does Magnetic hill Moncton count as a stadium

it had the most perfect acoustics

but i didn't know to appreate it

that's just what i thought they all sounded like

have only seen Bruce in stadiums 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JimCT said:

Club: no

Theater: Fox in Detroit, opening of D&D tour

Arena: MSG, Thanksgiving, 1980

Stadium: Carrier Dome, Syracuse 1985 (it's actually something between an overgrown arena and a small stadium IMO) For a real stadium, Wembley, 3 Jul 85 :) 

Jim, is the Carrier Dome still around? If so it has to be the last of the "Blow Up" stadiums. 49,000 + it's a stadium! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jimmy James said:

Jim, is the Carrier Dome still around? If so it has to be the last of the "Blow Up" stadiums. 49,000 + it's a stadium! 

But for that show IIRC the capacity was less than 30k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this