Greasy Lake Community

1st.....

Club: never

Theatre : 1996-02-26 Carre, Amsterdam 

Arena : 1992-02-29 Bercy, Paris, FR (my first show, mised first part due to the famous road blocks)

Stadium: 1999-06-19 Gelredome, Arnhem, NL

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JaHoe said:

Stadium: 1999-06-19 Gelredome, Arnhem, NL

But with the roof closed and the lights out, making it more a show in a very big arena than a real stadium show.

8 hours ago, Humphrey B Bear said:

Rod Laver Arena hosts the Australian Open.

The Perth Arena hosts the Hopman Cup.

I think they play tennis at the Allphones/Qudos Bank joint in Sydney too.

Yes Rod Laver was the one I was thinking of.

thanks for confirming.

15 hours ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

What's going on with that other ugly building there?  Any idea?

PS...Wasn't it named Meadowlands Arena for a short time too?

The whole complex (the arena across the highway plus the stadium) is called ‘The Meadowlands.’  I don’t remember the stadium itself being called anything but Giants, but maybe it was???   Giants Stadium was still up and standing after they completed MetLife.  The poor thing was just waiting for the wrecking ball :(.  It also made parking for the last shows at Giants infreakinsane!  And then yeah... it got the wrecking ball, and was turned into a parking lot :D

15 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

It will always be Giants Stadium to me, and I'm no where near it. As The Mets will always play in Shea. 

But I'm disappointed that are Jersey Girls, RJM, BD and MM didn't go clubbing back than? 

Yep... Shea is where the Mets play, and I’m a Yankees fan :D

I fell in love with Bruce in 1974, at the tender age of 14... so no clubbing for moi! 

When I was old enough, yes, I too went to Tradewinds a few times, D’Jais, etc, and most often, The Pony ...but like BD, never had the pleasure of seeing our man on the stage.  

In the mid 80s I did see Bruce walk into the Pony (and nearly went into cardiac arrest), but he didn’t play.  He stood in the back and watched the house band on stage all night.  

So I yes, I “saw” him in a club; but I didn’t see him in a club. :lol: 

5 hours ago, BruceWho said:

And the silver medal goes to...…………...ALSO impressive stats / venues!!!...……..in fact I'm not even sure which of these I'd favour / award the gold medal to!? ha! Capitol Theatre (on that stand) is stuff of legend obviously but I'd take the Spectrum over MSG and the stadiums are evens IMHO...…..this is close!!! ha! 

Ok this may tip the scales...I was there during the opening run in Brendan Byrne Arena in July 1981.  Does that help?  I don't remember which shows but I think it was two.  I'm pretty sure @rosiejaneymarywas there on opening night.

1 hour ago, rosiejaneymary said:

The whole complex (the arena across the highway plus the stadium) is called ‘The Meadowlands.’  I don’t remember the stadium itself being called anything but Giants, but maybe it was???   Giants Stadium was still up and standing after they completed MetLife.  The poor thing was just waiting for the wrecking ball :(.  It also made parking for the last shows at Giants infreakinsane!  And then yeah... it got the wrecking ball, and was turned into a parking lot :D

Yep... Shea is where the Mets play, and I’m a Yankees fan :D

I fell in love with Bruce in 1974, at the tender age of 14... so no clubbing for moi! 

When I was old enough, yes, I too went to Tradewinds a few times, D’Jais, etc, and most often, The Pony ...but like BD, never had the pleasure of seeing our man on the stage.  

In the mid 80s I did see Bruce walk into the Pony (and nearly went into cardiac arrest), but he didn’t play.  He stood in the back and watched the house band on stage all night.  

So I yes, I “saw” him in a club; but I didn’t see him in a club. :lol: 

I didn't start going to clubs until I was 18 in 1979.  Well maybe a couple of times before I was legal...ssshhhh.

16 minutes ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

Ok this may tip the scales...I was there during the opening run in Brendan Byrne Arena in July 1981.  Does that help?  I don't remember which shows but I think it was two.  I'm pretty sure @rosiejaneymarywas there on opening night.

Well...….maybe ha!...…….but then MOCKER might come back and say that he/she attended the Spectrum in both Dec 1980 and then again in July 1981 (went there immediately after the Meadowlands stand!)……...so two bites of the cherry 7 months apart - nice. Now if you'd said you were at Nassau Coliseum on 31st Dec 1980 I think THAT might have tipped the scales but (depending what MOCKER did in 80/81) the jury is kinda out still ha!...…..bottom line is you are BOTH lucky so and so's...…...I have MANY wonderful Bruce memories under my belt across 114 shows but there are plenty I'd trade for EITHER NJ or Philly in 78 or 80/81...…..no losers here! 

7 minutes ago, BruceWho said:

Well...….maybe ha!...…….but then MOCKER might come back and say that he/she attended the Spectrum in both Dec 1980 and then again in July 1981 (went there immediately after the Meadowlands stand!)……...so two bites of the cherry 7 months apart - nice. Now if you'd said you were at Nassau Coliseum on 31st Dec 1980 I think THAT might have tipped the scales but (depending what MOCKER did in 80/81) the jury is kinda out still ha!...…..bottom line is you are BOTH lucky so and so's...…...I have MANY wonderful Bruce memories under my belt across 114 shows but there are plenty I'd trade for EITHER NJ or Philly in 78 or 80/81...…..no losers here! 

Well..........since you asked.............I can modestly confirm that I was at all 3 Spectrum Dec 1980 shows (including that very sad 12/9 show), and 4 of the 5 Spectrum July 1981 shows. 

45 minutes ago, Mocker said:

Well..........since you asked.............I can modestly confirm that I was at all 3 Spectrum Dec 1980 shows (including that very sad 12/9 show), and 4 of the 5 Spectrum July 1981 shows. 

And the winner is...…………………...ha! 

2 hours ago, BruceWho said:

Now if you'd said you were at Nassau Coliseum on 31st Dec 1980 I think THAT might have tipped the scales

@Early North Jersey was at Nassau 31 December 1980, and also Buffalo 4 December 1980.

There is someone here who was at the 2nd show in London in 1975 and I think also someone who saw the first London 1975 show.

And some U.S.A. Lakers who saw shows before 1978.

6 hours ago, Lampi said:

A very big 'like" for someone who saw the opening night of the Tunnel Tour!

Thank you and it was my very first Bruce show ever and I was so excited. 35 shows later the passion burns just as bright.

5 hours ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

Opening night of Brendan Byrne... Yes I most certainly was!  :) 

Also there (although it was Continental by then) for the first night (and several others) of at that venue for the reunion tour.  

Bloody hell there's some serious live Bruce pedigree around these parts.

Anyone here lucky enough to get into any of the tv / video taping type shows and care to offer any thoughts on what they were like? I'm thinking the likes of MTV Plugged, Storytellers, Tramps in 1995 (or Sony studios), the Carousel for The Promise in 2010.

What about the warm up show done for radio in 1992?

More realistically, anyone here experience the 1st Bridge Benefit show or either Christic show in person?

Just now, Bosstralian said:

Anyone here lucky enough to get into any of the tv / video taping type shows and care to offer any thoughts on what they were like? I'm thinking the likes of MTV Plugged, Storytellers, Tramps in 1995 (or Sony studios), the Carousel for The Promise in 2010.

More realistically, anyone here experience the 1st Bridge Benefit show or either Christic show in person?

I think I remember Rick saying he was at one of, or both, the Christic shows.

4 hours ago, Bosstralian said:

Well, sadly nothing THAT amazing; but I was at the MSG shows that became Live in NYC; and I was at the show in NJ when the Leap of Faith vid was filmed (he played it twice... which was fine with me, and it was So. Much. Fun!!). 

Oh maaaaaan.... I so wish I could have been there for the filming at the Carousel!!!! 

3 hours ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Well, sadly nothing THAT amazing; but I was at the MSG shows that became Live in NYC; and I was at the show in NJ when the Leap of Faith vid was filmed (he played it twice... which was fine with me, and it was So. Much. Fun!!). 

Oh maaaaaan.... I so wish I could have been there for the filming at the Carousel!!!! 

Oh me too!  Would have loved to have been there for that.

Archived