Greasy Lake Community

New Archive: Trenton ‘05

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Buddhabone said:

Samples sound good.

Song for Orphans is worth the price and could be a unifying theme for the whole D & D tour.

I loved that aspect of the tour, you just didn’t know what he was going to pull. I like that there’s Rumble and a bullit mic Born in the USA  on this release. I must admit that both Songs for the Orphans and Zero never did much for me. But I love that they were a possibility during that tour. The number of rarities on this one is insane.

Just now, SoulBoogieAlex said:

I loved that aspect of the tour, you just didn’t know what he was going to pull. I like that there’s Rumble and a bullit mic Born in the USA  on this release. I must admit that both Songs for the Orphans and Zero never did much for me. But I love that they were a possibility during that tour.

Neither have ever moved me before either, but today in this quality, with his older voice, just blows me away.

I wasn’t overly excited by this release to be honest, but listening now I’m really seriously enjoying it - empty sky is amazing and my beautiful reward is worth the price of admission as far as I’m concerned!

A D&D show wouldn't have been my choice. I enjoyed the previous two but felt I had enough, however this one has enough rarities to make it look worthwhile. 

Not downloaded yet as I'm behind schedule due to a bad accident delaying my bus home 50 minutes. I'll get round to buying it shortly.

I am really happy with this archive release. Although it's already the 3rd release from the D&D tour the variety of the setlists in this accoustic form makes me really happy. Besides the great songs from the D&D album also he doesn't play on save with some nice rare tracks which he doesn't play that often even with the ESB. 

Great show, this, and so different from the other two. Rumble to open is just great, I really like Saint and Fire here. Very good release, thumbs up and all that. 

Now... what at least I need is a D & D show with All I'm Thinkin' About. 3 shows released , and it still hasn't shown up - it was kind of a staple, too. I know I'm just about the only person alive that would want this song, but... it was really, really good in concert (as well), loved it!

Just now, Jimmy James said:

Hey, just looked over the setlist, is this the Drive All Night, with Clarence and Steve? If so I might drop in. 

No that was at the Hollywood show november 19 2005

3 hours ago, lilbud said:

Premiere of 'Song for Orphans'

I like it but it sounds nothing like Song For Orphans of old... It's like he found the lyrics back, had no idea how it used to go and thought he'd sing it like it was a Ghost of Tom Joad song.

Archived