free to air in NZ this season 

the entire race plus practice day

havn't really followed it serously for years

very excitted

starts next weekend in Australia i think

anyone here following ?

• Like 1

Cant wait!!!

Hopefully Ferrari will finally nail it again this year. Been too long now since they won.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Cozmic Kid said:

Cant wait!!!

Hopefully Ferrari will finally nail it again this year. Been too long now since they won.

it will be nice to have someone to talk to about it

....i forget who but on another thread i saw someone questioning the sport part of motorsport - signalling out formula one

1 minute ago, Daisey Jeep said:

it will be nice to have someone to talk to about it

....i forget who but on another thread i saw someone questioning the sport part of motorsport - signalling out formula one

There is plenty of sport in F1.

Its not just something you jump in the car and do.

There is a new awesome series on Netflix following last season. Mainly through Haas.

The drama and footage is mindblowingly good. Good insight in what goes on.

• Like 1

Just now, Cozmic Kid said:

There is a new awesome series on Netflix following last season. Mainly through Haas.

i totally agree

those drivers are really fit 

i remember Ayrton Senna talking about his first race in F1 he couldn't get out of the car afterwards 

he had to get match fit

ill see if i can find anything on netflex thanks Brian 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Moi

I've just never seen anything very sporting in the bloke in the fast car trouncing the guys in the slow cars.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

Moi

I've just never seen anything very sporting in the bloke in the fast car trouncing the guys in the slow cars.

I used to like watching, but unfortunately this is just about what it has come to, and the sports rulers recognise this and are trying to even out the playing field, but I fear there are just too many bumps to even out.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

Moi

oh nooooooo !

was it you ? :lol:

dang :D

but those boiler suits are sooooo hot 

and i mean the boy/ girl kind of hot

smokin' hot 

but its the noise

i loooooove that particular noise formula one makes 

and of course the excitement 

1 minute ago, dr winston oboogie said:

I used to like watching, but unfortunately this is just about what it has come to, and the sports rulers recognise this and are trying to even out the playing field, but I fear there are just too many bumps to even out.

ive been away for a long time

my favourite thing used to be watching the drivers change gear - a long time ago

i love watching the pit stops 

1 hour ago, Cozmic Kid said:

so i went over to netflex and the front page was drive to survive - a forums one season 

i really gotta get my blueray working so i can watch on the big telly

12 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

oh nooooooo !

was it you ? :lol:

dang :D

but those boiler suits are sooooo hot 

and i mean the boy/ girl kind of hot

smokin' hot 

but its the noise

i loooooove that particular noise formula one makes 

and of course the excitement 

Sadly due to sissy environmental pussies the sound is not that good anymore.

• Love Love Love! 1

8 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

so i went over to netflex and the front page was drive to survive - a forums one season 

i really gotta get my blueray working so i can watch on the big telly

What does the blu-ray have to do with it?

I scrapped my player and run whatever I can through the PS4.

27 minutes ago, Cozmic Kid said:

What does the blu-ray have to do with it?

I scrapped my player and run whatever I can through the PS4.

the blue ray goes on the internet and has netflex built in

• Like 1

Watched the first 3 Netflix episodes and really enjoyed them.

Looking forward to the new season, but think it's still going to be a Ferrari / Merc battle again - although Honda seem to have made big steps forward I don't think they'll quite have the pace or reliability Red Bull want this season (which I don't min'd 'cos I've got no time for Horner, Marko or Verstappen!).

Midfield battle is going to be really close - not sure pre-season testing really shook out the order - and that as always is where the real racing goes on.

Pretty dire for free-to-air in the UK - highlights only except the British GP - but I took the punt on Sky last year and their coverage IS really good, and visually spectacular in Ultra HD. Only problem for me is both Sky and C4 commentators are hopelessly up the arses of Hamilton and Verstappen, neither of whom can do any wrong in their eyes. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, thomam said:

Watched the first 3 Netflix episodes and really enjoyed them.

Looking forward to the new season, but think it's still going to be a Ferrari / Merc battle again - although Honda seem to have made big steps forward I don't think they'll quite have the pace or reliability Red Bull want this season (which I don't min'd 'cos I've got no time for Horner, Marko or Verstappen!).

Midfield battle is going to be really close - not sure pre-season testing really shook out the order - and that as always is where the real racing goes on.

Pretty dire for free-to-air in the UK - highlights only except the British GP - but I took the punt on Sky last year and their coverage IS really good, and visually spectacular in Ultra HD. Only problem for me is both Sky and C4 commentators are hopelessly up the arses of Hamilton and Verstappen, neither of whom can do any wrong in their eyes. 

Pretty much agreeing with all of this except the team.I hate withba passion is not RB but McLaren.

Cant comment on the TV stuff. 

1 hour ago, Cozmic Kid said:

Pretty much agreeing with all of this except the team.I hate withba passion is not RB but McLaren.

Cant comment on the TV stuff. 

Ah, better put my Papaya and Blue merchandise away, then...

Mind you, couldn't stand them under mad Ron, to be honest...

as im.out off the  loop what's wrong with Lewis Hamilton ?

Chat seems to be that they are concerned about Ferrari's obvious pace advantage in testing (not that you can always read too much into that) plus there is a feeling that Leclerc will be better at taking points off the Mercedes' than Raikkonen was - Kimi didn't generally get between Vettel and the Mercedes that often when they all finished - and Ferrari have been clear that they will use team orders earlier, as opposed to not imposing them last year when there was clearly only one driver in contention.

Edit - he also apparently believes that the "front of the midfield" is much closer to the top 3 than previously, although again testing didn't really show that

Episode 4 of the Netflix thing was a hoot - Christian Horner v Cyril Abiteboul on swapping engines, poaching drivers and generally rubbishing each other.

At turns hilarious and excruciatingly embarrassing. Funniest thing was Horner describing Mad Max and Daniel as their "best ever" driver pairing. Er, Vettel and Webber anyone - just the 4 world championships, 1 second place and 3 thirds between them!

3 hours ago, thomam said:

At turns hilarious and excruciatingly embarrassing. Funniest thing was Horner describing Mad Max and Daniel as their "best ever" driver pairing. Er, Vettel and Webber anyone - just the 4 world championships, 1 second place and 3 thirds between them!

Maybe he meant best ever drivers to be a team together as they seemed to be real teammates.

Now I know F1 isn't really like this, but I respond this way to all auto racing. 

On 3/12/2019 at 7:12 AM, Jimmy James said:

Now I know F1 isn't really like this, but I respond this way to all auto racing. 

im.not sure if you should go sit in the corner with Keith ?

On 3/12/2019 at 6:15 AM, Lampi said:

Maybe he meant best ever drivers to be a team together as they seemed to be real teammates.

nice to see you :)

are there any Dutch drivers this year ?

1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

nice to see you :)

are there any Dutch drivers this year ?

Max Verstappen.

Not only this year but probably also the next 10 years or longer.

But he should do something about his big mouth and his hot temper.

• Like 1