Sign in to follow this  
Daisey Jeep

formula one

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Lampi said:

Max Verstappen.

Not only this year but probably also the next 10 years or longer.

But he should do something about his big mouth and his hot temper.

ill keep an eye out for him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He'll be easily recognised - running into other cars then having a massive strop about why it wasn't his fault, whilst looking like Mr Bean's geekier nephew.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thomam said:

He'll be easily recognised - running into other cars then having a massive strop about why it wasn't his fault

Well that is what I meant.

Everyone is to blame except me. To the point it will work in reverse and everyone will blame him even if it really was not his mistake.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that netflex thing is really good

thanks for the recommendations 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Sad news about race director Charlie Whiting this morning...R.I.P.

66 is still  relatively youngish :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2019 at 4:53 PM, thomam said:

He'll be easily recognised - running into other cars then having a massive strop about why it wasn't his fault, whilst looking like Mr Bean's geekier nephew.

Max is a proper asshole. Probably the worst.

Perez is also right up there.

 

R.I.P. Charlie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


RIP Charlie Indeed. Without he and Sid Watkins there would be a lot fewer drivers around to mourn his passing

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, Ferrari continue their Friday sandbagging from last year...

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just remembered

qualifying 

coverage states at 5 to 7 tonight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so much to learn

the drivers are so young

i did get quite excitted when i spotted a the distinctive nose of Alan Prost in the pits

last time i watched the Australian grand prix it was the Adalade grand prix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no Ron Dennis ?

sigh

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, that was a bit depressing. Good job by Lando Norris though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have nothing against F1, I use to watch religiously and if I could still watch it here I probably would. But I haven't watched in years, and am incredibly grateful that I get to see my favourite motorsport, the World Rally Championship, for free on Red Bull TV. F1 drivers are incredibly skilled and the speeds they reach are mind boggling but these guys have the biggest, brassiest of balls in my opinion. And there is still a sense of camaraderie and sportsmanship which I sense has all but disappeared in F1. I may well be wrong though.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SteveJhb said:

I have nothing against F1, I use to watch religiously and if I could still watch it here I probably would. But I haven't watched in years, and am incredibly grateful that I get to see my favourite motorsport, the World Rally Championship, for free on Red Bull TV. F1 drivers are incredibly skilled and the speeds they reach are mind boggling but these guys have the biggest, brassiest of balls in my opinion. And there is still a sense of camaraderie and sportsmanship which I sense has all but disappeared in F1. I may well be wrong though.

 

 

we used to get lots of motorsport on free to air back in the day. now Gary finds a bit on you tube but he doesn't like formula one

i temember Formula one being full of fueds.

i was so in love with Ayrton Senna and after he died and Shummaker (excuse spelling Micheal) was winning all the time i and then before the internet but after pay tv it just got too hard to follow

but i just enjoy the ....well glamour is most defiantly the wrong word

but its like fantasy compaired to NZ sports

its so fast

Gary's son used to do a bit of ralleying

 he was quite good but none of us had the money to get him where he may have gone

he's a machanic and has worked on so many other people's rally trucks his never seemed to get finished

he doesn't enjoy competitive 4x4ing. he says its too slow

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

forgot it was one as was watching the news

now OH had a bit of a growly about the noise 

sigh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice work by Bottas, but Ferrari nowhere. Going to be  a long season...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2019 at 8:08 AM, Daisey Jeep said:

no Ron Dennis ?

sigh

 

Awesome B)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great start for K-MagB)

 

But Ferrari really need to get their shit together. Of clurse it is way too early to alaughter the drivers, but my gut feelung have always been that Leclerc is overrated. Nothing today made me change my mind.

Sack the boss and take a chance. Hire someone like Rosberg, maybe even convince Horner that winning with Ferrari will make him immortal.

Something has to happen. Today was pitiful.

Great drive by Bottas though B)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same old , same old.

Meet the new season, same as the old season. (As Pete would say).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought my guy Alonso was going to be in INDY this year. Man, did he screw up his career!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mocker said:

Thought my guy Alonso was going to be in INDY this year. Man, did he screw up his career!

Great driver. But based on the netflix docu I will not miss him. A grumpy old man even before he turned 40.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cozmic Kid said:

Great driver. But based on the netflix docu I will not miss him. A grumpy old man even before he turned 40.

Haven't seen the Netflix doc. I used to be a Schumi fan until that unbelievable accident. Disliked him at first, but could not deny his incredible driving skills. After that, Alonso seemed like a pretty cool guy, based on the brief interview clips I'd see. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Mocker said:

Haven't seen the Netflix doc. I used to be a Schumi fan until that unbelievable accident. Disliked him at first, but could not deny his incredible driving skills. After that, Alonso seemed like a pretty cool guy, based on the brief interview clips I'd see. 

Think Alonso is overall the best driver post Schumi. He just made some pretty awful career choices in terms of joining teams on the way down, whereas Hamilton has had the luck of the draw in the opposite direction.

His embracing of WTC and Indy shows, like Mark Webber, a guy interested in racing in all its forms. He'll be in the Indy 500 but not sure if he's doing any other races outside of WTC this year. I think were he to achieve the Triple Crown it would be an incredible achievement in these days of specialising drivers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2019 at 10:29 AM, thomam said:

Think Alonso is overall the best driver post Schumi. He just made some pretty awful career choices in terms of joining teams on the way down, whereas Hamilton has had the luck of the draw in the opposite direction.

His embracing of WTC and Indy shows, like Mark Webber, a guy interested in racing in all its forms. He'll be in the Indy 500 but not sure if he's doing any other races outside of WTC this year. I think were he to achieve the Triple Crown it would be an incredible achievement in these days of specialising drivers.

Recently he also hinted a possible F1 comeback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this