Sign in to follow this  
Daisey Jeep

formula one

Recommended Posts

So, back to work after the mid season break. Ironic that after the bore-fest that was France we've had some of the best racing for years, with the Leclerc v Verstappen battle at Silverstone absolutely outstanding.

Off to Spa and my favourite race of the year - the circuit is unrivalled in its challenge, its beauty and, once you go there, its hills. Plus you get to play the #itsraidillionactually game on Twitter all weekend...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been a big fan of Raikkonen since his days with Mclaren, too bad he has no realistic chance of being on the podium these days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2019 at 1:06 PM, balboa08 said:

Been a big fan of Raikkonen since his days with Mclaren, too bad he has no realistic chance of being on the podium these days

I remember it well!

P4280055.thumb.JPG.30b034f24cdf613a5c9e377baf0faae6.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice win by Leclerc, and admirably gracious in post-race interview. 
As my guy Alonso is lost somewhere in a Black Hole, starting to like Leclerc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome race for Leclerc .

 

Hambone is suchva big baby. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sensational drive to keep Hamilton behind all race, despite flirting with the rules a couple of times.

To me, Vettel seems to have lost his mojo and I wouldn't be surprised to see him quit.

Quite fancy a trip to Monza next year...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thomam said:

Sensational drive to keep Hamilton behind all race, despite flirting with the rules a couple of times.

To me, Vettel seems to have lost his mojo and I wouldn't be surprised to see him quit.

Quite fancy a trip to Monza next year...

 

Agreed on Vettel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sucker for this kind of thing...

Alan Jones won Alain Prost's first race.

Prost won Jones' last race

Prost won Ayrton Senna's first race

Senna won Prost's last

Senna won Michael Schumacher's first race

Schumacher won Senna's last

Schumacher won Jenson Button's first race

Button won Schumacher's last

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Racist ****

4 hours ago, thomam said:

Sucker for this kind of thing...

Alan Jones won Alain Prost's first race.

Prost won Jones' last race

Prost won Ayrton Senna's first race

Senna won Prost's last

Senna won Michael Schumacher's first race

Schumacher won Senna's last

Schumacher won Jenson Button's first race

Button won Schumacher's last

 

 

Racist ****

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lewis Hamilton is close to winning the drivers championship for the SIXTH time

A proper British sporting legend, possibly the greatest British sporting legend EVER !  

  • Love Love Love! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

Lewis Hamilton is close to winning the drivers championship for the SIXTH time

A proper British sporting legend, possibly the greatest British sporting legend EVER !  

Also a proper arsehole. 

 

But yeah you are right. The greatest british sporting legend ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

very odd little article about an interview with Mrs Schumacher 

may be of interests to @JimCT

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12283741

different snippets of same interview

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/08/michael-schumachers-wife-pays-tribute-first-interview-since-accident-11068968/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

F1 bahrain with no fans, what fun! how much is that going to cost fans for flights etc

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, stevie54uk said:

F1 bahrain with no fans, what fun! how much is that going to cost fans for flights etc

I see the season opener is still going ahead as usual in Oz

At least Bahrain can probably easily  afford to take the hit financially

Im not sure it would make a difference to a driver compaired to say a cricketer or rugby player playing to an empty ground - well maybe if it was your first ever formula one race ?

But imamgine getting selected for the olympics - say a 16 year old gymnast  and your mum and dad arn't allowed to go 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SteveJhb said:

South Africa hasn't hosted an F1 Grand Prix since 1993.

So for me this is quite exciting.

https://heinekenf1joburgfestival.computicket.com/event/heineken_f1_joburg_festival/7138938/7138955/111671

 

Lucky bastards ;)

Are you in hearing distance ?

(We could hear my beloved Carrisbrook RIP from our house in Dunedin)

And i love the sound of a club cricket match - just the sound of leather on willow - a noisy appeal or restrained clapping 

But I loooooooove the sound of formula one on the telly

I know its completely different to a muscle car or even a luxury sports car or even a 4x4 out working (ie not shopping or drinking coffee)

but i love the sound of a formula one car

From our house we hear big v8 jet boats racing on the river that Gary loves but he hates the formula one sound 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Lucky bastards ;)

Are you in hearing distance ?

(We could hear my beloved Carrisbrook RIP from our house in Dunedin)

And i love the sound of a club cricket match - just the sound of leather on willow - a noisy appeal or restrained clapping 

But I loooooooove the sound of formula one on the telly

I know its completely different to a muscle car or even a luxury sports car or even a 4x4 out working (ie not shopping or drinking coffee)

but i love the sound of a formula one car

From our house we hear big v8 jet boats racing on the river that Gary loves but he hates the formula one sound 

 

DJ I won't be, no, but its down the road from my office so I will get a ticket, park at the office and go watch.

I do, however, live very close to Kyalami, the track which hosted almost every South African F1 GP. From my front stoep I can see the pits, and watch the cars go through the Esses, and up the hill to Leeuwkop Corner.

This is the original, incredible circuit. It had one of the fastest straights on the GP circuit. This onboard with Prost is magnificent.

 

This is footage of the current track, from a 9 Hour event held last December. The track has a slightly different configuration and now runs anti-clockwise (although the Sunset/Clubhouse/Esses section still runs the same way) and slightly more sanitised for modern safety. When this event was running, the last few hours I was watching the live stream but could see the lights of the cars through the door which was pretty cool.

The sounds were magnificent. F1 teams used to use the track for high altitude testing as well and that sound was like it was in my garden. On this video around the 5:18 mark you can see the complex I stay in off in the distance.

 

  • Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2020 at 3:02 PM, SteveJhb said:

South Africa hasn't hosted an F1 Grand Prix since 1993.

So for me this is quite exciting.

https://heinekenf1joburgfestival.computicket.com/event/heineken_f1_joburg_festival/7138938/7138955/111671

 

This has, obviously, been cancelled.

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First race of thr new season due late June in Montreal postponed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this