Greasy Lake Community

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not just the Ramones, but Nick Lowe, Devo and a few others....

Posted Images

The La La Land soundtrack I bough a couple of years ago and it's wonderful as was the movie itself. Saturday Night Fever and The Greatest Showman are in my collection s well.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, misty rain said:

Two that I listened to pretty much daily once upon a time:

R-485703-1427948261-7640.jpeg.jpg

snf-1510766173-640x640.jpg

That Sgt. Pepper movie was complete shit, but I did used to love the soundtrack. Earth, Wind & Fire's "Got To Get You Into My Life" was my favorite track.

Saturday Night Fever was a good movie with a soundtrack album that I couldn't keep secret because that disco needs to be played loud.

• Like 3
19 hours ago, SteveJhb said:

I was going to add this. Cannot believe this movie is a quarter of a century old. My God.

19 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Scary...... probably still my favourite movie ever.

QT was my seatmate for a 6 hour transcon flight one time. He was simply boorish. He even clipped his toenails :wacko: 

• Sad 1
13 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

That Sgt. Pepper movie was complete shit, but I did used to love the soundtrack. Earth, Wind & Fire's "Got To Get You Into My Life" was my favorite track.

I have a soft spot for Steve Martin's version of "Maxwell's Silver Hammer". And Aerosmith's "Come Together". 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, misty rain said:

I have a soft spot for Steve Martin's version of "Maxwell's Silver Hammer". And Aerosmith's "Come Together". 

It definitely had an eclectic ensemble cast. Peter Frampton was the fourth Bee Gee for that brief moment in time. I enjoy all the music, though I can't say I've listened to the album in the last twenty years.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Promise61 said:

An under appreciated film that went under the radar, too.

A soundtrack that does exactly what it's supposed to do.

wearewa-0.jpg

Never even heard of it. Just read some reviews and will watch it tonight or tomorrow. Thanks.

This isn't one of my favorites, but I do listen to it on occasion and it's very relaxing. This is Journey's last album with Gregg Rolie; the soundtrack to a Chinese film. It's mostly instrumental and closer to their pre-Steve Perry sound, with only two true vocal performances on the album. 

th?id=OIP.ptGD4YGHj84KVwKnseNHSwHaHg&pid

Never actually listened to the soundtrack album, but this movie had some great songs.......

Five tracks in the film, but not included on the soundtrack, are: "Moving in Stereo" by the Cars, "American Girl" by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, "We Got the Beat" by the Go Go's, which is the movie's opening theme; Led Zeppelin's "Kashmir", and "Jingle Bell Rock" by Bobby Helms. In addition, the live band at the prom dance during the end of the film played two songs also not on the soundtrack: The Eagles' "Life in the Fast Lane" and Sam the Sham's "Wooly Bully".

Image result for fast times at ridgemont high soundtrack

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Mocker said:

Never actually listened to the soundtrack album, but this movie had some great songs.......

Five tracks in the film, but not included on the soundtrack, are: "Moving in Stereo" by the Cars, "American Girl" by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, "We Got the Beat" by the Go Go's, which is the movie's opening theme; Led Zeppelin's "Kashmir", and "Jingle Bell Rock" by Bobby Helms. In addition, the live band at the prom dance during the end of the film played two songs also not on the soundtrack: The Eagles' "Life in the Fast Lane" and Sam the Sham's "Wooly Bully".

Image result for fast times at ridgemont high soundtrack

Except that Kashmir didn't fit the script. Damone told Ratner to play side 1 of Led Zeppelin IV; Kashmir is on Physical Graffiti. 

On 3/18/2019 at 6:07 AM, Promise61 said:

An under appreciated film that went under the radar, too.

A soundtrack that does exactly what it's supposed to do.

wearewa-0.jpg

My God.

I came back to thank you for posting this, but I'm not sure that I should. That final kitchen scene may be the most disturbing thing I've ever seen in a film.

It's a brilliant, horrific, slow-burn of a movie that pays off in spades.

Thank you. I hate you.

• Haha 1
36 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

My God.

I came back to thank you for posting this, but I'm not sure that I should. That final kitchen scene may be the most disturbing thing I've ever seen in a film.

It's a brilliant, horrific, slow-burn of a movie that pays off in spades.

Thank you. I hate you.

Happy to be of service. :o

• Like 1