Greasy Lake Community

Craig Finn - UK/Europe October

MagicRatAFC

Bristol might be nice ,  but I am not sure at the moment.  Oh the pains of family life and choosing what gig to use my time for! 

I guess they are with a band rather than solo ?

New solo album out at the end of the month!  What I heard on the recent tour was pretty good, 

• 4 weeks later...

OK, this is a really good album, I believe Craig may be the best narrative style songwriter about.

I'm going to have to have many more in depth listens to fully immerse in said tales ( whatever became of Holly, Charlemagne and Gideon?:D).

But, and I'm putting my tin hat on, I think "We all want the same things" is a better album.

I say that having only listened to this one three or four times and reserve the right to change my mind.

4 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

OK, this is a really good album, I believe Craig may be the best narrative style songwriter about.

I'm going to have to have many more in depth listens to fully immerse in said tales ( whatever became of Holly, Charlemagne and Gideon?:D).

But, and I'm putting my tin hat on, I think "We all want the same things" is a better album.

I say that having only listened to this one three or four times and reserve the right to change my mind.

Something To Hope for is particularly great. Blankets too.

Personal favourite is probably Bathtub in the Kitchen.

• 5 months later...

Personal favorite Finn Solo album is We All Want the Same Things.  God In Chicago is such a great song.  It could be a movie - in the same way that Meeting Across The River could be a movie.  Amazing how much story can be told in a 3 minute song.  

3 hours ago, Wasted in the heat said:

Personal favorite Finn Solo album is We All Want the Same Things.  God In Chicago is such a great song.  It could be a movie - in the same way that Meeting Across The River could be a movie.  Amazing how much story can be told in a 3 minute song.  

Did that last night, dedicated to Scott Hutchison.

• Like 1