Sign in to follow this  
ukjohnney

Dylan - the 1975 live collection

1 minute ago, TupacThePuma said:

Thanks mate, is it worth buying, Not a big Dylan fan but loved Desire & Blood On Tracks

Well I'd say yes. you're getting 14 CDs and a really informative booklet for just over 50 quid. The sound quality is excellent and many fans including me think it's was Bob's peak as a live artist. The material is great, Bob's voice is at it's best and the musicians superb.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, TupacThePuma said:

Thanks mate, is it worth buying, Not a big Dylan fan but loved Desire & Blood On Tracks

Probably better places to start ,  it’s a big overview of that tour in 1975 ,  5 full shows ,  plus rehearsals and rarities,  quite cheap for what it is,  maybe the official bootleg of that tour would  be a good place to start! 

5 hours ago, TupacThePuma said:

2 hours ago, ukjohnney said:

Probably better places to start ,  it’s a big overview of that tour in 1975 ,  5 full shows ,  plus rehearsals and rarities,  quite cheap for what it is,  maybe the official bootleg of that tour would  be a good place to start! 

Bootleg Series 5. 2CD's. Not a full show, but a compilation of songs from different shows. Very recommended indeed.

• Like 3

On 6/20/2019 at 4:17 PM, Lampi said:

Bootleg Series 5. 2CD's. Not a full show, but a compilation of songs from different shows. Very recommended indeed.

I think all of those songs on BS5 are on the new box.

Saw the movie tonight. I really enjoyed it. Favourite moments were Bob doing Twist solo and the footage in Gordon Lightfoot’s living room of Joni teaching Bob and McGuinn the chords to Coyote while Gord stands and watches... surreal and really cool. 

• Like 3

Been getting a lot of plays in this house (in between WS, of course). Some great songs in there, Dylan and Joan Baez singing Blowing in the Wind makes the hairs on my neck stand up and then we just had a fantastic version of This Land is Your Land sung by lots of people. It is a really good listen. 

Did everyone spot the fakes on the film? I didn't, but Mr J did (he is a bit of a Dylan obsessive!)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ann Jones said:

Been getting a lot of plays in this house (in between WS, of course). Some great songs in there, Dylan and Joan Baez singing Blowing in the Wind makes the hairs on my neck stand up and then we just had a fantastic version of This Land is Your Land sung by lots of people. It is a really good listen. 

Did everyone spot the fakes on the film? I didn't, but Mr J did (he is a bit of a Dylan obsessive!)

I saw earlier (on this thread) what the fake bits were. Some of them had me fooled, for sure.

The missus said the live footage of Bob on stage was like the rock equivalent of the Zapruder film...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I really wish they had included a DVD with a few live performances. The two clips they've put on YouTube are so good.

I've only watched the first hour of the film so far - Sarah isn't a fan so I have to wait 'til she's out before I can indulge in His Bobness! I did think some of the material was a bit odd, then found out about the faked additions. Not sure I really get the point of it, but who am I to question Scorceses interpretation of Dylan's 'art'. 

The live material was absolutely riveting, the intensity frightening, and what finally pushed me into laying down the £ for the box.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Born To Walk said:

I really wish they had included a DVD with a few live performances. The two clips they've put on YouTube are so good.

I predict the movie will be a stand alone release. Hopefully with more of the love footage as a bonus. Or the option of playing the live clips separately. 

Does anyone know why T Bone Burnett is nowhere to be seen on this documentary except on archive footage?

I watched the Hard Rain film from '76, on YT yesterday. 

Some great performances but the intensity of '75 isn't there.

That Hard Rain album is one if my favourite live albums, ever.

So for those of you who have the box and have listened to it...

What tracks would you imagine being on a 1 CD 'Essential 1975 Collection' Disc... trying, if possible, not to duplicate anything from the Bootleg Series Volume 5...?

On 6/17/2019 at 11:48 AM, riverdude2 said:

Got mine from somewhere in S Korea, via Ebay.  £3.87, inc postage. :wacko:

Was great to see it again.  The version of Lenny Bruce is priceless.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Got mine from somewhere in S Korea, via Ebay.  £3.87, inc postage.

Decisions, decisions! 

Capture.JPG

• Haha 1

On 6/20/2019 at 5:40 AM, riverdude2 said:

Well I'd say yes. you're getting 14 CDs and a really informative booklet for just over 50 quid. The sound quality is excellent and many fans including me think it's was Bob's peak as a live artist. The material is great, Bob's voice is at it's best and the musicians superb.

As a semi-casual fan i was surprised at the power of Bobs voice ..... I do wish  the documentary had more music and less horseshit .....

And some of those violin solo's are absolutely spine tingling.

I'd noticed a lyrical change during the discs in the box.

Capture.JPG

• Like 1