CosmicKid

Announcing the 4th Almost Annual Lakers Cover Bruce Music Contest

Recommended Posts

On 5/10/2019 at 10:20 AM, Junglelander said:

Another note in singing off tune, I straight up butchered Hello sunshine on my guitar yesterday. I even have the proof if anyone is interested lol

Bring it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, took me long enough said:

It sounds good!

Might better get your ears checked my friend. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might have to wait until next year. Just struggling to get the vocal right. That Paradise by the ‘C’ is a tough one.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, after a very very late start to my day putting me hours behind in my recording time, I only had enough time to work on one song. Looks like this guy is doing Johnny Bye Bye. It’s not perfect as the guy who records with me had to leave for work. He is going to wrap mixing up later tonight. Guess I’ll save Part Man Part Monkey for next time. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sent! Also, while listening, listen through headphones if you can folks. Sounds much better than on the tiny speaker in my iPhone 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For better or worse I sent in Dancing In The dark. It's not exactly what I'd like it to be but it's close enough.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, phantomengineer said:

For better or worse I sent in Dancing In The dark. It's not exactly what I'd like it to be but it's close enough.

I can’t wait to hear it! Mine is true to the original yet different at the same time. I think I heard @wolfinthepines is the only one who hasn’t submitted yet. I am beyond excited for all of this!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Junglelander said:

I can’t wait to hear it! Mine is true to the original yet different at the same time. I think I heard @wolfinthepines is the only one who hasn’t submitted yet. I am beyond excited for all of this!

I'm on it! Been busy but managed to get 'Night Fire' in the can. Will submit shortly. My take is along the same lines as the original but there are some differences (mainly that it's nowhere near as good!) and I tried to do a more 'power pop' version. Had fun making it and that's what counts :).

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, wolfinthepines said:

I'm on it! Been busy but managed to get 'Night Fire' in the can. Will submit shortly. My take is along the same lines as the original but there are some differences (mainly that it's nowhere near as good!) and I tried to do a more 'power pop' version. Had fun making it and that's what counts :).

Sounds good. I can’t wait to hear it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, phantomengineer said:

For better or worse I sent in Dancing In The dark. It's not exactly what I'd like it to be but it's close enough.

Thanks... it's been received.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Omg...the suspense is killing me lol I believe it was Tom Petty that sang “...the waiting is the hardest part...”

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can put together one of my covers for this. I post a lot of my Bruce covers in video form on Facebook. Does it need to be an MP3 file or is a video performance acceptable?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, LoverInTheCold said:

I can put together one of my covers for this. I post a lot of my Bruce covers in video form on Facebook. Does it need to be an MP3 file or is a video performance acceptable?

MP3 as far as I know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LoverInTheCold said:

I can put together one of my covers for this. I post a lot of my Bruce covers in video form on Facebook. Does it need to be an MP3 file or is a video performance acceptable?

It’s easy enough to convert them to mp3. Submit one!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Putting the finishing touches on my cover of Richfield Whistle. Should submit tonight or early tomorrow. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may or may not have heard it. If I did, it sounds really good and would make me want to withdraw because I couldn’t compete with it. But then again, maybe I didn’t hear it;)

  • Love Love Love! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, transpirator said:

I guess @Daisey Jeep is working on the final mix of State Trooper...

:)

We all know what a perfectionist Daisey Jeep can be with her music!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Junglelander said:

I may or may not have heard it. If I did, it sounds really good and would make me want to withdraw because I couldn’t compete with it. But then again, maybe I didn’t hear it;)

I'd say you're being far too kind and selling your own good work short. :)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Submitted my version of Richfield Whistle. I'm always floored by how many amazing outtakes the man has yet to release (if he ever will).

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So since all have submitted, when does voting start or are we actually going to wait 2 more days?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Junglelander said:

So since all have submitted, when does voting start or are we actually going to wait 2 more days?

I have received songs in the last couple of days that were unpledged (they have been added to the list now), so more could still be coming. In other words, there will be no vote until we reach the deadline. And even then, I need a little time to set it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.