Ok guys some new tipoffs from the booking agent:

Western Sun Tour, just Bruce, Roy and Nils.

Greek Theatre Taormina - private press showcase concert - 9th October

Barcelona - Palau Sant Jordi - 12th-14th October

Milan - Mediolanum Forum - 17th - 19th October

Paris - Bercy - 22th - 24th October

London - O2 Arena - 26th - 28th October

Berlin - Velodrom - 30th October - 1st November

Stockolm - Friends Arena - 7th-9th November

Amsterdam - Ziggo Dome - 12th-14th October

Dublin - 3Arena - 23th -25th October

See you on the road!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, InsideMan said:

Wow, now that really would be something - the thought of some great Bruce songs combined with the incredible respective piano and guitar abilities of Roy and Nils as minimalist accompaniment would be amazing. 

• Like 2

Valid information or not, this has to be one of the most beautiful settings for a concert. 

maxresdefault (2).jpg

• Like 7

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 9:27 AM, InsideMan said:

Hi guys, hidden account because the would kill me. They are working on these indoor arenas:

Western Sun Tour:
Barcelona - 10/12
Barcelona - 10/14
Milano - 10/17
Milano - 10/19
Paris - 10/22
Paris - 10/24
London - 10/26
London - 10/28
Berlin - 10/30
Berlin - 11/1
Stockolm - 11/7
Stockolm - 11/9
Rotterdam - 11/12
Rotterdam - 11/14

The black swan flies at midnight.

Repeat, the black swan flies at midnight.

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, InsideMan said:

Stockolm - FrieThe Circuit - Bruce Springsteennds Arena - 7th-9th November

See you on the road!

I take it Amsterdam and Dublin both in Nov? Above dates free in 3 Arena at the moment.

1 hour ago, MagicRatAFC said:

The black swan flies at midnight.

Repeat, the black swan flies at midnight.

So the album is called "Western Stars" and the tour is called "Western Sun Tour"?...

• Like 1

Just now, Rasmus said:

So the album is called "Western Stars" and the tour is called "Western Sun Tour"?...

I've said too much...…………...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

I've said too much...…………...

tenor.gif?itemid=5797030

• Haha 4

OK..for starters, IF it's true, Freinds Arena is way too big for a solo show as it holds up to 65-70.000 people.

9 minutes ago, MichaelU1230 said:

OK..for starters, IF it's true, Freinds Arena is way too big for a solo show as it holds up to 65-70.000 people.

Could they not, like Cardiff in 2013, have the stage almost at one end and have it so there's just the end of the stadium and a few rows on the floor? All seated that'd bring it down to around 20,000 easily and in line with capacity at The o2, for example.

1 hour ago, DarkStar78 said:

Could they not, like Cardiff in 2013, have the stage almost at one end and have it so there's just the end of the stadium and a few rows on the floor? All seated that'd bring it down to around 20,000 easily and in line with capacity at The o2, for example.

I'm sure it would be possible, but why would they choose Friends, I would think they have other smaller and more appropriate options; Hovet has been mentioned, don't know if Globen is available... Friends seems like overkill to me, even if they scale it down, that place is huge. 

51 minutes ago, Dr. Zoom said:

I'm sure it would be possible, but why would they choose Friends, I would think they have other smaller and more appropriate options; Hovet has been mentioned, don't know if Globen is available... Friends seems like overkill to me, even if they scale it down, that place is huge. 

Think someone said Globen is unavailable, maybe Hovet isn't big enough? If they're playing big arenas for the most part I can't see them going smaller than Globen, particularly given how good a draw he is in Sweden. Guess we'll know soon enough :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DarkStar78 said:

Think someone said Globen is unavailable, maybe Hovet isn't big enough? If they're playing big arenas for the most part I can't see them going smaller than Globen, particularly given how good a draw he is in Sweden. Guess we'll know soon enough :)

He would no doubt be able to fill Friends on his own, I mean it IS Sweden, but he did play smaller venues in 1996 - Cirkus must have been almost ludicrously small - and in 2005 and even in 2006, which was a band show, so... Hovet would seem perfect. As you say, we'll see... and if he does tour, we'll definitely see him wherever that may be. 

9 hours ago, Silvia said:

Valid information or not, this has to be one of the most beautiful settings for a concert. 

maxresdefault (2).jpg

Taormina is one of the most beautiful places I've visited. 

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

2 minutes ago, Tom-Joad said:

Taormina is one of the most beautiful places I've visited. 

I've been there. Just imagining Bruce playing in the amphitheater makes my hear go wild...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dr. Zoom said:

He would no doubt be able to fill Friends on his own, I mean it IS Sweden, but he did play smaller venues in 1996 - Cirkus must have been almost ludicrously small - and in 2005 and even in 2006, which was a band show, so...  

Some similar thoughts about the Amsterdam venue (Ziggo Dome), which has according to Wiki a capacity of 17,000.

So Bruce with only Roy and Nils would play to 34,000 people over 2 nights, while in Spring 2006 Bruce and the Seeger Sessions Band played one night at what was then called  Heineken Music Hall (aka 'Bijlmer Bier Hal'; the current name is Afas Live, what's in a name), which has, again according to Wiki, a capacity of 6,000 (and I've sometimes heard the capacity is 5,500).

Looks like the rumoured venues are a little bit big for a tour with only Roy and Nils but better for getting a ticket and for the chance to see maybe more than one show.

Edit: the Ziggo Dome and Afas Live are both part of the Amsterdam Arena complex, the venues are 'neighbours'; and Ziggo Dome did open in 2012 so did not exist yet in 2006.

• Like 2

still assuming that this is fake news until it being confirmed that it is real. Why plan a euro tour while he's assumed to stay at home to care for his mother...

Nevertheless I sincerely hope the rumor is true :)

2 hours ago, Silvia said:

I've been there. Just imagining Bruce playing in the amphitheater makes my hear go wild...

Eddie Wedder (and Glen Hansard) played solo there two years ago  in June. ( Bruce with Patti and SPielberg were in Taormina two months later).   So,who know. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Silvia said:

maxresdefault (2).jpg

I have been here as well...but during the daytime, just roaming through the inside.

I would kill to go back again to see this....or even hear it from the outside.  Taormina is an absolutely gorgeous piece of real estate.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, InsideMan said:

Barcelona - Palau Sant Jordi - 12th-14th October

Milan - Mediolanum Forum - 17th - 19th October

Paris - Bercy - 22th - 24th October

London - O2 Arena - 26th - 28th October

Berlin - Velodrom - 30th October - 1st November

Stockolm - Friends Arena - 7th-9th November

See you on the road!

Clearly, there is a big swathe of time between the album's release in June and the first date listed here in Rock-tober.

I say that he does a three month residency in Cincinnati and call it a day in the US.  :) 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, sonicramone said:

Clearly, there is a big swathe of time between the album's release in June and the first date listed here in Rock-tober.

I say that he does a three month residency in Cincinnati and call it a day in the US.  :) 

Why do you hate Bruce that much?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Dr. Zoom said:

He would no doubt be able to fill Friends on his own, I mean it IS Sweden, but he did play smaller venues in 1996 - Cirkus must have been almost ludicrously small - and in 2005 and even in 2006, which was a band show, so... Hovet would seem perfect. As you say, we'll see... and if he does tour, we'll definitely see him wherever that may be. 

There's also Tele2 Arena...it holds aprox 20-30.000...i think, maybe more

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MichaelU1230 said:

There's also Tele2 Arena...it holds aprox 20-30.000...i think, maybe more

Sounds much more reasonable. Calling Friends an "arena" is just plain wrong in my book; it's a stadium with a roof.