BobbyJames

NEW ALBUM: Western Stars - June 14

New album #WesternStars coming June 14. “This record is a return to my solo recordings featuring character driven songs and sweeping, cinematic orchestral arrangements. It's a jewel box of a record." - Bruce

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 2

Album artwork that has been floating around is also correct.

Bring it on!

1 minute ago, Me and Frank said:

OK, not fake after all. Bring it on.

http://www.brucespringsteen.net/

(for those who can't be bothered to click)

Bruce Springsteen’s first new studio album in five years takes his music to a new place, drawing inspiration in part from the Southern California pop records of the late ‘60s and early ‘70s. The album was recorded primarily at Springsteen’s home studio in New Jersey, with additional recording in California and New York. Columbia Records will release Springsteen’s 19th studio album on June 14. ‘Western Stars’ will be available for pre-order on Friday, April 26.

“This record is a return to my solo recordings featuring character driven songs and sweeping, cinematic orchestral arrangements," says Springsteen. "It's a jewel box of a record."

The 13 tracks of ‘Western Stars’ encompass a sweeping range of American themes, of highways and desert spaces, of isolation and community and the permanence of home and hope.

The song "Hello Sunshine" and a video will be released just after midnight ET tonight.  

Ron Aniello produced the album with Springsteen and plays bass, keyboard, and other instruments. Patti Scialfa provides vocals and contributes vocal arrangements on four tracks.  The musical arrangements include strings, horns, pedal steel and contributions from more than 20 other players including Jon Brion (who plays celeste, Moog, and farfisa), as well as guest appearances by David Sancious, Charlie Giordano, and Soozie Tyrell. The album was mixed by Tom Elmhirst. 

‘Western Stars’ Song Titles
1. Hitch Hikin’
2. The Wayfarer
3. Tucson Train
4. Western Stars
5. Sleepy Joe’s Café
6. Drive Fast (The Stuntman)
7. Chasin’ Wild Horses
8. Sundown
9. Somewhere North of Nashville
10. Stones
11. There Goes My Miracle
12. Hello Sunshine
13. Moonlight Motel

All songs written by Bruce Springsteen.

Bruce Springsteen’s recording career spans over 40 years, beginning with 1973's ‘Greetings from Asbury Park, NJ’ (Columbia Records). He has garnered 20 Grammys, won an Oscar and a Tony, been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, received a Kennedy Center Honor, and was MusiCares’ 2013 Person of the Year. Springsteen’s memoir ‘Born to Run’ (Simon & Schuster) and its companion album ‘Chapter and Verse’ were released in September 2016, and he was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom in November 2016. His historic 236-show run of ‘Springsteen on Broadway’ at Jujamcyn’s Walter Kerr Theatre from October 2017 to December 2018 also yielded an accompanying soundtrack album and Netflix special.

• Like 3

Oh yessssss, roll on June!!!

Ron Aniello produced the album with Springsteen and plays bass, keyboard, and other instruments. Patti Scialfa provides vocals and contributes vocal arrangements on four tracks.  The musical arrangements include strings, horns, pedal steel and contributions from more than 20 other players including Jon Brion (who plays celeste, Moog, and farfisa), as well as guest appearances by David Sancious, Charlie Giordano, and Soozie Tyrell. The album was mixed by Tom Elmhirst. 

‘Western Stars’ Song Titles
1. Hitch Hikin’
2. The Wayfarer
3. Tucson Train
4. Western Stars
5. Sleepy Joe’s Café
6. Drive Fast (The Stuntman)
7. Chasin’ Wild Horses
8. Sundown
9. Somewhere North of Nashville
10. Stones
11. There Goes My Miracle
12. Hello Sunshine
13. Moonlight Motel

Just now, BobbyJames said:

The song "Hello Sunshine" and a video will be released just after midnight ET tonight.  

Guess I'm staying up until midnight

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

47C857A3-59D5-4BA2-8BDB-1A01C4469538.jpeg

• Like 6

Description sounds really interesting too

• Like 1

Everything about the springsteen.net press release has me excited - the tracklist has some amazing sounding titles and I am so ready for some more story-driven songs - been listening to a lot of Ennio Morricone's western scores recently and I can only hope some of his influence makes its way onto the album!

Anyway, my first proper album cycle as part of the Greasy Lake family, can't wait to share in the excitement with you all!!

• Like 3

Hitch Hikin'.

You better get that one right, Bruce. I've never known it to be two words, so I'm already dubious.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Well: no recycling, no pointless covers. That's fine with me. Bring it on.

• Like 1

I'm thrilled! 

I have my favorite song already: There Goes My Miracle

"sweeping, cinematic orchestral arrangements"

SourBossyAfricanjacana-small.gif

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Haha 2

If an album could be judged just on song titles, this might be the Springsteen album I've been waiting for.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Hitch Hikin'.

You better get that one right, Bruce. I've never known it to be two words, so I'm already dubious.

It is two words if he's hikin' a trail called the Hitch. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure if I love or hate the cover. 

• Like 1

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Haha 6

So, the new album is actually seven years old.

Crappest album cover EVER. Imagine that little baby on your t shirts and hoodies. It'd be like wearing dinosaur pyjamas.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1