Greasy Lake Community

NEW ALBUM: Western Stars - June 14

PSA for everybody who hasn't been able to listen to the single via E Street or other means - 

It's now live on Spotify, which I assume means it's up on other streaming platforms too?

It was on Spotify but greyed out for a while earlier. Should be available worldwide now though (I'm in Singapore)!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think it's nice, but no more than that.  Not a fan of his phrasing twang on it and I find the pedal steel intrusive. 

Lots of Bruce clichés on it ("empty streets" etc) and I can see why he sat on it for five years.  Were it an outtake on Tracks 2 then I'd probably see it differently.

Probably a good choice for the first track off of the album as it dovetails nicely with the 'quiet voice' he employed on the SOB shows. 

Overall, it's nice.  Hoping for much better on the album.

1 hour ago, Born To Walk said:

I can't be bothered to read the first 9 pages, but curious to know how many people have already declared it the worst album Bruce has ever made!

The album cover has copped most of the flack.

A couple of folk out purely on the description, but the track itself has been warmly enough received.

21 minutes ago, gaityr said:

PSA for everybody who hasn't been able to listen to the single via E Street or other means - 

It's now live on Spotify, which I assume means it's up on other streaming platforms too?

It was on Spotify but greyed out for a while earlier. Should be available worldwide now though (I'm in Singapore)!

That link says not available in my country, and if I go to Spotify I can't find it.

Any suggestions for the UK?

1 minute ago, Born To Walk said:

That link says not available in my country, and if I go to Spotify I can't find it.

Any suggestions for the UK?

So sorry - just twigged that it's because it's past midnight where I am. Saw someone from New Zealand gain access and that made me realise it's rolling out post midnight by time zone. So you should be able to check once it's midnight your time.

That said, let me PM you...

• Thanks 1