Greasy Lake Community

NEW ALBUM: Western Stars - June 14

I can also refute any suggestions that this album doesn't appeal to a younger generation of Bruce fans - my 2 year old is currently demanding Sleepy Joe's Café on repeat. It may have usurped Ain't good enough for you as her favourite Bruce song to dance to :D

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 2
  • Haha 2

I'm gonna start by saying I know he's used this nickname before and I don't want to cause a discussion on this or bring politics to The Circuit etc., but...

THERE'S A PLACE OUT ON THE HIGHWAY 'CROSS THE SAN BERNARDINO LINE
WHERE THE TRUCKERS AND THE BIKERS GATHER EVERY NIGHT AT THE SAME TIME 
AT SEVEN THE BAND COMES IN AND LOCALS DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY

AT...

Spoiler

• Haha 3

On 7/5/2019 at 9:11 PM, Kay said:

Love her, and she is a Bruce fan.  

Yes! I remember seeing a video on twitter of her dancing and singing along at a Bruce show, and it made me love her even more. 

OK, I'm a big Bruce Springsteen fan right. I have every Album put out. So I have to have this album too right? Yes I bought it at Target over the weekend. Most likely won't ever play the whole album, but it will get shuffled in every once in a while. 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

25 minutes ago, Ann Jones said:

I am still listening to nothing else. Every time I get in the car, go for a walk, do a bit of cooking, all I want to play is this.

Good to hear.  I bought a second copy for the car, so I can just keep listening.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

40 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

OK, I'm a big Bruce Springsteen fan right. I have every Album put out. So I have to have this album too right? Yes I bought it at Target over the weekend. Most likely won't ever play the whole album, but it will get shuffled in every once in a while. 

Do you like any track?

7 minutes ago, westcoastgirl said:

Good to hear.  I bought a second copy for the car, so I can just keep listening.

Now, I don't feel so bad, I have a copy on my Ipod, and the CD, which I play when I am in the kitchen and then when I go to work, I have to remember to take the CD out so I can listen, I thought about buying a second copy, but thought don't be silly Jen, Sainsburys tomorrow. :)

I will confess I like listening on my headphones the best, my 30 min walk every morning, sunny morning walk and Bruce.

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

45 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

I didn't like Target, just saying.:(

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

I don't have "headphones" I have earbuds. I haven't downloaded into ITunes yet. Maybe tonight. 

I have earbuds, (never called them that) I use the ones that came with my iPod and a better pair when sitting on the sofa. We can't all like the same thing, but I really love this CD.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

im so happy Jimmy

maybe for you shuffle is the best option

i must say im loving that new download

its energizing in a way the new album isnt 

and i don't mean to take any gloss/ desert sand of the new album because its a masterpiece to my ears  but all i hear is sadness (and wounderful lush orchestration incl french horns of course)

its like TOL part 2 to me 

3 hours ago, Kay said:

After all these years kicking meself for not picking a character and being semi-creative, I want this one.  

I'm gonna ask a nice mod maybe if I can change.  I love it.  

If they let you do that, I'm DEFINITELY going for Coyote with Someone's Chihuahua in its Teeth. 

• Haha 1