Greasy Lake Community

NEW ALBUM: Western Stars - June 14

1 minute ago, janeymarywendy said:

Over on BTX some people are suggesting the song could be about his depression.

Just sayin'.

I get that. I think it’s about resisting isolation. About someone who’s always been restless, and probably selfish, realising they want to be anchored somewhere and with someone.

The touching bit is the way he needs to ask for confirmation that new relationship or community won’t leave him. Like he feels he might not yet fully deserve it.

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 3

2 hours ago, gaityr said:

So sorry - just twigged that it's because it's past midnight where I am. Saw someone from New Zealand gain access and that made me realise it's rolling out post midnight by time zone. So you should be able to check once it's midnight your time.

That said, let me PM you...

Feel free to PM me too!

4 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

Just sayin'.

They have some weird ideas over there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

I get that. I think it’s about resisting isolation. About someone who’s always been restless, and probably selfish, realising they want to be anchored somewhere and with someone.

The touching bit is the way he needs to ask for confirmation that new relationship or community won’t leave him. Like he feels he might not yet fully deserve it.

This. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

Just sayin'.

BTXers are far more intelligent than some of us lakers, i thought it was about saying hello to the sun in the morning :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

"Long time coming" for 2019 I'd say.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

Just sayin'.

Hello Sunshine is such an obvious sequel to Waitin' On A Sunny Day that it definitely needs a sing-a-long bit for next time he tours :P

• Haha 1

Only heard it once, before the link ,vanished, but it sounded ok. I'm not sure what the people who were disappointed were expecting. At this point I can handle anything as long as it isn't Working on a Dream part two (which it could have turned out like given the description). An acoustic(ish) based, countyrish, album is fine with me. Much rather that than Bruce trying to employ a rock voice he no longer possesses. The guy is nearly seventy now, and this was recorded when? His mid-sixties?

• Like 3

Just now, Born To Walk said:

Hello Sunshine is such an obvious sequel to Waitin' On A Sunny Day that it definitely needs a sing-a-long bit with sacharin sweet children  for next time he tours :P

FTFY

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, baertb said:

Yep, he’s 70, and he’s a legend. For me he can read the phonebook and it will put a smile on my face. And i love the new song btw.

I wouldn't go that far, but...I like his quieter stuff so will have no problem with an album in that vein. In fact some of my favourites from the latter years have been the quiet songs; Hunter of Invisible Game, Jesus Was An Only Son, The Wall etc etc

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

2 hours ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

Western Stars is poised to deliver a filmic saga of pensive Americana a la John Wayne or Clint Eastwood. 

I never thought I’d hear Bruce Springsteen and Clint Eastwood in the same sentence

• Haha 1

Oh my god this feels like Christmas come early!!! The only downside is that I've only recently got back from an American South West road trip and I'm mad that I didn't have this album to listen to then! 

Side note: might be a controversial opinion, but I love the cover art. B)

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, bobfan1976 said:

Only heard it once, before the link ,vanished, but it sounded ok. I'm not sure what the people who were disappointed were expecting. At this point I can handle anything as long as it isn't Working on a Dream part two (which it could have turned out like given the description). 

I wouldn't be able to take a Dream Part II either - thankfully Bruce doesn't like to repeat himself that much, despite recycled melodies, some lyrics, you know,  something which most artists can't get away from totally when they have a gazillion long-ass career. 

Now that I have had a chance to have a few listens of Hello Sunshine.. love it and can't wait to hear the rest of the album.

He's still got it.

Oh and I quite like the album cover too.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, gaityr said:

PSA for everybody who hasn't been able to listen to the single via E Street or other means - 

It's now live on Spotify, which I assume means it's up on other streaming platforms too?

It was on Spotify but greyed out for a while earlier. Should be available worldwide now though (I'm in Singapore)!

It's midnight here now, and I just finished listening to the song.

Liked it! 

Thanks for sharing as well! 

1 hour ago, Captain Chaos said:

Yes. It’s sort of bizarro Born to Run.

• Haha 2