BobbyJames

NEW ALBUM: Western Stars - June 14

Doing my rounds this morning, I guess around 6am, ESR came on with Sleepy Joe's Cafe, I actually found myself turning the volume up. Progress!!

• Love Love Love! 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

22 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Doing my rounds this morning, I guess around 6am, ESR came on with Sleepy Joe's Cafe, I actually found myself turning the volume up. Progress!!

See I knew you would like it, wait until you find yourself dancing in the kitchen. :lol:

• Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, jmw said:

See I knew you would like it, wait until you find yourself dancing in the kitchen. :lol:

I do already to DITD, HH and MLWNLYD. 

• Bruuuuce! 2

3 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

I do already to DITD, HH and MLWNLYD. 

That is the reason we get on, both mad.

Should you ever find yourself standing for 2 hours on a packed train in a compartment with no air conditioning, watching condensation building on the windows as you travel in discomfort and at great speed (between London and York, the first station stop, in this particular instance), I can wholeheartedly recommend 'playing' "Western Stars" in full in your head to distract you from the misery and even make you smile at the lyrics that mirror or contrast with your situation.

Bruce is always a great travelling companion in every set of circumstances, and 'playing' this cd saved my sanity (such as it is!) during the train journey that commenced as outlined above. I wasn't "2500 miles from where I wanna be" but his "voice in my head" was certainly "all that keeps me from sinking down".

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, JoleBlonAlba said:

Should you ever find yourself standing for 2 hours on a packed train in a compartment with no air conditioning, watching condensation building on the windows as you travel in discomfort and at great speed (between London and York, the first station stop, in this particular instance), I can wholeheartedly recommend 'playing' "Western Stars" in full in your head to distract you from the misery and even make you smile at the lyrics that mirror or contrast with your situation.

Bruce is always a great travelling companion in every set of circumstances, and 'playing' this cd saved my sanity (such as it is!) during the train journey that commenced as outlined above. I wasn't "2500 miles from where I wanna be" but his "voice in my head" was certainly "all that keeps me from sinking down".

i know that feeling much too well

but i totally get where your comming from

i remember a particularly memorable WIESS one hot day when we were packed in like sardines nose to armpit

thankfully those days are  behind Wellington train commuters  with the new Korean units having aircon ...of course they dont like frost on the over head wires and when the power goes out your stuck with limited  emergency power while your stuck on the line for hours...

• Like 1

In the happy event that we do get a 2020 E Street tour would I like to hear Badlands or Moonlight Motel? The latter I have to say. A wonderful song (as is the former, he says, trying to dig himself out of a hole) but the opportunities for hearing MM must be more limited.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Old English Town said:

In the happy event that we do get a 2020 E Street tour would I like to hear Badlands or Moonlight Motel? The latter I have to say. A wonderful song (as is the former, he says, trying to dig himself out of a hole) but the opportunities for hearing MM must be more limited.

Well, I’d prefer both, but I get your point!  I really like MM a lot, but am personally hoping that if we get any of this album we get the title track and/or Tucson Train and Sleepy Joe’s.  

• Like 1

Since the album's release, I have spent hours driving in the early hours. There is something magical about this album and night driving. Two weeks ago I found myself in the centre of the universe (well GB :rolleyes:) at almost 4am. Driving through open moorland is the closest I can get to desert.

Now this is absolutely wonderful but as with most things there is a price. I can live with being tired a couple of times a week, the fuel bill is killing me!

Anyone have a solution?

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 2

Or cheap fuel?

2 minutes ago, merlin said:

Since the album's release, I have spent hours driving in the early hours. There is something magical about this album and night driving. Two weeks ago I found myself in the centre of the universe (well GB :rolleyes:) at almost 4am. Driving through open moorland is the closest I can get to desert.

Now this is absolutely wonderful but as with most things there is a price. I can live with being tired a couple of times a week, the fuel bill is killing me!

Anyone have a solution?

A tent?

10 minutes ago, merlin said:

Anyone have a solution?

pedal-cars-safe-for-kids-1.jpg

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

A tent?

Have tents, the driving is the deal!:)

• Bruuuuce! 1

16 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

pedal-cars-safe-for-kids-1.jpg

Looks a tad big for me, not sure my legs would reach the pedals!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, merlin said:

Anyone have a solution?

Electric car with killer audio equipment.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

Another driver?

May have to converse:mellow:

• Bruuuuce! 1

19 minutes ago, Silvia said:

Electric car with killer audio equipment.

That's very kind of you, when can I expect delivery?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, merlin said:

That's very kind of you, when can I expect delivery?

i will slit my wrists the day Bruce sings about an electric car 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, merlin said:

Anyone have a solution?

Get a motorcycle. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

My relationship with this album is at the point where I am making myself listen to it less, to try and keep the magic as long as I can.

A bad day at work (too many of those lately) and it is played full volume on the commute home.

4am wake up, can't sleep, on go the Sennheisers.

Sunday morning, I load the CD carousel with beloved albums, and for the last many weeks the day’s listening has always started with “Thumb stuck out as I go…”

I still don’t listen to individual songs. It is just so cohesive and perfect a body of work from the start of track 1 to the last notes of track 13. I always play it in full.

Lastly, its expensive, but I’ve decided I’m going to treat myself to the vinyl version too. That will get played rarely, if at all, but I want it in my collection.  

• Like 5
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

I'm the same. Each time I think to put on some music, it's this. I got in the car yesterday, clutching the cd case, only to discover the cd was still in the player in the kitchen. I had to make do with one of Mr J's compilation cd's, which at least had BTR on it!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@SteveJhb, the vinyl is a thing of beauty :) I was so surprised to find it was a double album when I bought it. Played it the other day and I love opening the sleeve up and seeing the songwords and pics (the CD print is sooo small!). I love vinyl anyway, and that could be cos I'm old ^_^ Paid £20 for mine.

• Like 3