BobbyJames

NEW ALBUM: Western Stars - June 14

2 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

@SteveJhb, the vinyl is a thing of beauty :) I was so surprised to find it was a double album when I bought it. Played it the other day and I love opening the sleeve up and seeing the songwords and pics (the CD print is sooo small!). I love vinyl anyway, and that could be cos I'm old ^_^ Paid £20 for mine.

almost all the new albums seem to be doubles of late

makes them more expensive 

there is a  technical reason but i can't remember

i duno i guess albums are just longer these days ???

23 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

almost all the new albums seem to be doubles of late

makes them more expensive 

there is a  technical reason but i can't remember

i duno i guess albums are just longer these days ???

Sound quality DJ… the more musical data that is squeezed into a small space, the more compromised and inferior the sound can be. When they spread it out over two discs, there is more space to cut the grooves and in theory, the quality of the pressing and therefore the audio quality, will be better. But smarter people than me will give more detailed answers I’m sure. ^_^

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

@SteveJhb, the vinyl is a thing of beauty :) I was so surprised to find it was a double album when I bought it. Played it the other day and I love opening the sleeve up and seeing the songwords and pics (the CD print is sooo small!). I love vinyl anyway, and that could be cos I'm old ^_^ Paid £20 for mine.

500 bucks here, which is about 27 Pounds I think.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SteveJhb said:

Sound quality DJ… the more musical data that is squeezed into a small space, the more compromised and inferior the sound can be. When they spread it out over two discs, there is more space to cut the grooves and in theory, the quality of the pressing and therefore the audio quality, will be better. But smarter people than me will give more detailed answers I’m sure. ^_^

yes absolutly quality 

i also thought ( excuse spelling ) of that plygent system thing they use now 

1 minute ago, SteveJhb said:

500 bucks here, which is about 27 Pounds I think.

thats $50 here

ill get it eventually :(

Hot take incoming: had a somewhat lengthy drive yesterday so I debated what I'd listen to. I'd already listened to the Bridge show twice this week. It'd been a few weeks since I'd put Western Stars on so I gave it a spin...and it's a great album. 

• Like 8
  • Love Love Love! 1

Gave it a another run out yesterday. Really like it but an incomplete piece because he didn't tour it. A missed opportunity. 

This particular cinematic event better be coming to the UK and specifically the Northampton Picture House. I think we all knew that this album wouldn’t get supported by a tour, so this looks like the next best thing.

Judging from the trailer it looks beautifully made and the voice sounds in good nick too. Isn’t it great to see so much thought is being taken in how this is presented. Bruce seems to really care about this music, more so than recent albums and its worthy of all this care and attention.

Plus, we get to hear him hit the high notes in Sundooooowwwwn. 

Cannot flippin’ we’ll wait for this.

Wonder how much the tickets were for this Barn Dance?

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

48 minutes ago, Millstump said:

This particular cinematic event better be coming to the UK and specifically the Northampton Picture House.

The announcement say Worldwide, so that will include the UK unless Boris goes the whole hog and takes us out of the World and not just the EU.

How wide the distribution is is another matter. I'm not hopeful for Wetherby Film Theatre.

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

The announcement say Worldwide, so that will include the UK unless Boris goes the whole hog and takes us out of the World and not just the EU.

How wide the distribution is is another matter. I'm not hopeful for Wetherby Film Theatre.

Maybe Bruce could take Boris for a walk in the desert.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, The Nal said:

Gave it a another run out yesterday. Really like it but an incomplete piece because he didn't tour it. A missed opportunity. 

Serious question: is that how you view Nebraska as well? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

im starting to feel nervous about what locations its gling to screen in

will the album getting to number one here help widen the movie's distribution ?

no matter what its still going to be a million times more accessable than SOB 

16 hours ago, nfbandon said:

Found it...

The voice over narration gave me goose bumps.

"I've spent 35 years trying to learn to let go of the destructive parts of my character. And I still have days where I struggle with it. We all have our broken pieces, emotionally, spiritually. No one gets away in this life unhurt."

Wow. :wub:

• Like 5
  • Love Love Love! 1

On 8/19/2019 at 4:53 PM, The Nal said:

I’d rather see a WS tour than another ESB outing.

• Like 3

I don't think a record is an incomplete piece without a tour. Not at all. The last words I'd use to describe Western Stars is "an incomplete piece."

• Like 7

I do agree that it's a missed opportunity not touring the record, but if a tour would have stripped it down to a solo show, I'll take the full band with orchestra in a movie theater.

• Like 5