BobbyJames

NEW ALBUM: Western Stars - June 14

3 hours ago, red headed woman said:

Rachel same here I just don't get tired of it and on different days different songs mean different things. I cant remember a time when I listened to one album by anybody for so long :wub::rolleyes:

I can't either.

• Like 2

Same over here, really. I've been playing WS since day 1 and I'm still playing it, from beginning to end. Not only marvelling it and enjoying it, but it really does still grow on me. Can't put my finger on any other album that gave me this feeling, think I must go back to either 78 or 75, and you know what I'm referring to here...only during my vacation I didn't listen to it daily but the moment I got back home it went into the play and repeat mode. 

Never really expected an album like this, soundwise and qualitywise. It's just a superb album that really fits my life today, being older and not runnin' anymore. 

Just a shame all you folks out there who didn't buy the album are really missing sth there. Even as a long-time Springsteen fan I can truly say, rather write, that he, Bruce,  really put the best into it. And one true classic has been born, the absolute highlight of the album, Western Stars itself. Everything that really is so great about this album comes together in this one song

Probably the number one album this year,  I really can't think of any other one to knock it of the pole position. 

And, honestly, I must say that there is a lot of great music out there, apart from Bruce. Mission impossible made possible as only Bruce can do.

• Like 8
  • Love Love Love! 1

I still take my daily dose of Moonlight Motel. 

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 2

8 minutes ago, Silvia said:

I still take my daily dose of Moonlight Motel. 

Daily dose or 4 of Western Stars for me.  (No offense at all to Moonlight Motel.  It’s truly beautiful.  But WS is the one I NEED to hear every day!) 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Daily dose or 4 of Western Stars for me.  (No offense at all to Moonlight Motel.  It’s truly beautiful.  But WS is the one I NEED to hear every day!) 

It’s MM for MM but after Tucson Train (no longer skips ;) ) it’s Western Stars. 

• Bruuuuce! 1

2 hours ago, MadamMarie said:

no longer skips ;) 

It’s an E Street miracle!  :D

• Haha 2

On 8/30/2019 at 8:12 AM, MacBruce said:

I can certainly see him playing a couple of WS songs in concert. It was such a late career triumph of an album I am sure he would want to do this anyway. Songs like Hello Sunshine, Tucson Train and Western Stars could come over really well live even acoustically.

You missed out the ultimate diamond in the 'jewel box' mate that is moonlight motel, sensational song

• Like 1

Dad used to love reading Zane Grey books and I've just realised that one of them is called 'Light of the Western Stars'. I'd wondered if Bruce had read his books - inspiration for the album.

Just ordered it and it'll go into my display cabinet … after I've read it. :)

I was looking to see if the DVD was mentioned anywhere - think I'll pass on a cinema viewing … unless it's somewhere quiet.

Tuscon Train was the track that I loved on first listen and has just grown with every listen. It's also the one track I could imagine Bruce playing wit the E-Street band, just changing the string motif for a guitar or sax. When listening I sway towards the protagonist's girl being on the 5.15...Western Stars is also, like Joad, one of the few albums I have kept most of on the ipod because the sequencing strengthens songs, and even less effective songs (The Wayfarer, Western Stars) have their place. I have to confess I still have zero time for There Goes My Miracle or Sundown.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, whispered secret said:

On a train going through the Highlands of Scotland listening to WS is pretty much perfect.:)

I'm not envious, not really.

:)

• Haha 3

I recorded the last half-hour of The Misfits a few days ago and have only just watched it.  It was bloomin' well sad (I don't know what the rest of the film is like) and made me wonder if Bruce had been influenced by it whilst writing Wild Horses. Right down to the star in the sky at the end. :)

misfits-the-1962-008-clark-gable-taming-horse-desert-00n-8l8_0.jpg

• Like 6

He does have a history of being inspired by films and film titles, so you may be on to something.

• Like 3

I seem to have left out "Chasin'" for some reason. Just that small half hour really resonated with me - even the plane flying low over the horses and the character that Clark Gable played (plus stetson B)).

• Like 1

On 9/16/2019 at 12:11 PM, Captain Chaos said:

I see Mr Van Zandt performed Tucson Train live last night.

Nice touch! 

Edit: just listened to it. Absolute train wreck. 

6 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

Hmmm. Saw LSATDOS twice this summer, excellent both times. On You Tube this does indeed not sound great but I’m sure that if you were there it would have been a pleasant if ragged surprise. Got to give them 9/10 for effort.

• Like 5
  • Bruuuuce! 1

On 9/12/2019 at 3:04 PM, red headed woman said:

Rachel same here I just don't get tired of it and on different days different songs mean different things. I cant remember a time when I listened to one album by anybody for so long :wub::rolleyes:

I’m exactly the same!! I just really didn’t expect an album of this quality.. I still get goosebumps listening to it! 

21 minutes ago, rachelharms said:

I’m exactly the same!! I just really didn’t expect an album of this quality.. I still get goosebumps listening to it! 

I am still listening on my morning walk, blue skies and this playing.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

10 hours ago, Millstump said:

Hmmm. Saw LSATDOS twice this summer, excellent both times. On You Tube this does indeed not sound great but I’m sure that if you were there it would have been a pleasant if ragged surprise. Got to give them 9/10 for effort.

its a very small little club of those of us that enjoyed that

welcome ! 

downloadfile-68.thumb.jpg.88a53cc36b1a82d43ed2ccb17df9583c.jpg

westernstars_videostill.jpg

• Like 2