BobbyJames

NEW ALBUM: Western Stars - June 14

No campfire here, no so easily done in the Netherlands, no coffee, don't drink that but an occasional whiskey, yeah, pulled out a bottle of Jack out of a paper bag, yep, that's what I do, mostly.

And also, still playing WS over and over again. Seems to fit in nicely, whatever my feelings may be, happy, sad, thoughtful, lonely......somehow it fits everything.

The one record I have been playing again and again, and supposingly will keep on playing and...and...

And if the new one gets here then that one will do exactly the same. 

By the way, really looking forward to his rendition of Rhinestone Cowboy, a great song by the late Glenn Campbell.

These are good times for Springsteen fans, surely.

Got my ticket already for the WS movie, so that's another one to really look forward to.

• Like 5
  • Bruuuuce! 1

2 hours ago, dutchbeat said:

No campfire here, no so easily done in the Netherlands

You can't have campfires?

14 hours ago, dutchbeat said:

No campfire here, no so easily done in the Netherlands, no coffee, don't drink that but an occasional whiskey, yeah, pulled out a bottle of Jack out of a paper bag, yep, that's what I do, mostly.

And also, still playing WS over and over again. Seems to fit in nicely, whatever my feelings may be, happy, sad, thoughtful, lonely......somehow it fits everything.

The one record I have been playing again and again, and supposingly will keep on playing and...and...

And if the new one gets here then that one will do exactly the same. 

By the way, really looking forward to his rendition of Rhinestone Cowboy, a great song by the late Glenn Campbell.

These are good times for Springsteen fans, surely.

Got my ticket already for the WS movie, so that's another one to really look forward to.

Would have prefered Wichita Lineman myself

• Like 2

by the time i get to Phoenix for me but Wichita lineman would have been awaome

still im sure Rhinstone cowboy is awsome and fits the theme 

Just now, Daisey Jeep said:

still im sure Rhinstone cowboy is awsome and fits the theme 

Which is probably why it was chosen.

• Like 1

No campfires over here, that's not done in our small crowded country, unless it's where it's permitted, but not so many places, no. We lack the natural space other, larger, countries do have and the laws are pretty much strict there.

Nevertheless, WS was, is and will stay very much playing over and over again, hell, as we speak, rather write right now, it's playing in the background. My daily WS vitamins these days. And though autumn is rearing it's ugly, well for some folks, head, it seems to fit any occasion I feel. Great. We are surely not running anymore but a nightly stroll under those WS is quite sth to do yeah, especially here, almost on the river where I live. Always fascinating really. 

And of course, ...counting my blessings and days untill the live record gets here and shortly after that the movie.

Wrote it before, these are great times for all of us, Springsteen fans.

And later this evening there will be another Jack out of a paper bag. Skåll to you all out there among the WS.

• Like 4
  • Bruuuuce! 1

It's not yet evening over there, as it's here but have a drink, a laugh and at least one of those WS on me, compadres.

As to the choice of Rhinestone Cowboy, really a great song, though sth might and could be said for The Linesman yeah. Or Gentle on my mind. Or...or...and even or.....

May the music be with you and may the music of Bruce guide you through life itself, no matter, how tough. Always good to let that happen. Oh yeah...

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

On 9/28/2019 at 3:51 AM, janeymarywendy said:

Joe came home in '45 and took out a GI loan. :)

One of the reasons I love this song is because it’s one of the few (the only?) song where a vet has returned home and lived a happy and fulfilled life.

(I realize that most of the other vets mentioned were in Vietnam Nam.)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Marilla Gorilla said:

One of the reasons I love this song is because it’s one of the few (the only?) song where a vet has returned home and lived a happy and fulfilled life.

(I realize that most of the other vets mentioned were in Vietnam Nam.)

Yep, I think I was trying to explain to our @High As Hope that Joe didn't have to be 100 years old - if he came home in '45 and bought his café he may have been in his 30s or 40s and the narrator may have been singing the song in the 1960s or 70s, making Joe about 50 or 60 years old.

I think too much. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

Yep, I think I was trying to explain to our @High As Hope that Joe didn't have to be 100 years old - if he came home in '45 and bought his café he may have been in his 30s or 40s and the narrator may have been singing the song in the 1960s or 70s, making Joe about 50 or 60 years old.

I think too much. :lol:

I think too much aswell,sometimes I wish I could turn off my brain,I just found it an oddity that 45 was mentioned but other than that there is no mention of any time so I end up with it going around my head till I come up with some bizarre thinking which in no way features the Mavericks as the house band,no not at all :ph34r:

• Haha 5

I'm surprised Joe allows the customers to dance about to jolly music … him liking Blues 'n' all.

Or is HE just blue but he lets the others dance away merrily anyway?

Right … time I was off and outside. :D

13 minutes ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting, guitar, child and outdoor

This will be my desktop picture at work next week. :)

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

22 minutes ago, jmw said:

This will be my desktop picture at work next week. :)

Good idea - just changed my laptop screen.  It's a great pic!

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

2 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

Can @Jerseyfornia identify the bike? :)

It's a custom chopper build of a Harley Davidson Softail Springer.

If he rode that to the photoshoot, he's got balls considering there are no mirrors, seemingly no front brakes and I can't see where they relocated the clutch lever to.

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

It's a custom chopper build of a Harley Davidson Softail Springer.

If he rode that to the photoshoot, he's got balls considering there are no mirrors, seemingly no front brakes and I can't see where they relocated the clutch lever to.

You mean Bruce is actually posing :o;)

I'm not saying he's posing, necessarily. I'm just saying that bike doesn't appear rideable. It may be a bike that was there on the property where he took the shots. There should be a lever on each handlebar, a brake caliper and rotor on the front wheel and a minimum of two cables running from the hand controls (which are absent) to the front brake and to the clutch.

I have no idea what kind of crazy customizations are available to people with too much money.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I am not doubting a man who knows his bikes.. just thinking out loud that everything has been miraculously transported into that picture including Bruce and his guitar..

• Like 1

There isn't any throttle cable either.

The chair he's sitting on looks more road-ready than the chopper does.

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, shirlsdins said:

I am not doubting a man who knows his bikes.. just thinking out loud that everything has been into that picture including Bruce and his guitar..

awsome cactis !

i bags not being the one who had to do the miraculous transportation of, or anywhere near that baby! 

(and i love my cacti)

11 hours ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting, guitar, child and outdoor

11 hours ago, shirlsdins said:

You mean Bruce is actually posing :o;)

All the posing that is going on with the shots for this album is wearing a bit thin,there are people who can pull this kind of thing off & make it look natural,Bruce isn't one of them.

• Like 1

I wish we could see just a few inches more of the bike. It's possible it's got a jockey shifter (a suicide clutch), but if it does it would be located just out of the picture. I actually downloaded the picture so I could blow it up. A jockey shifter would explain a lot, but I haven't ever seen a foot throttle on a bike (just scooters), but I suppose it's possible.

• Like 1