Greasy Lake Community

NEW ALBUM: Western Stars - June 14

14 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I'm sure Steve will be devastated when he releases he's committed the cardinal sin of being a year off on a release date :lol:

:(I really was confused... didn't mean to be pedantic, at my age memory comes and goes :(

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I just listened to Western Stars for the first time in a few weeks.   Imagine you're Bruce Springsteen. Just for a moment, imagine that. You've written "New York City Serenade." You've wr

Firstly, forgive me. I have not read through this entire 100-odd page thread, nor very much of the several other threads on this record here. That is because I wanted to have my own thoughts and take

I doubt very much Bruce Springsteen will read this thread, maybe one of his mates or advisors will read..i dunno  ( mates and advisors..pass it on)   It's a slim chance i know, but if one of

Posted Images

19 hours ago, SteveJhb said:

In 2009 they released a DVD/Blu Ray of an album played 'live' to an empty venue... No one thought that was strange?

strange perhaps no but devoid of any atmosphere, watched once and that was enough, said it many times for me bruce is all about live shows with audience, in order of preference being there is first live audio, boot or official, second, dvd with crowd dosent really do it for me, audio and shut my eyes and im there

5 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

7hrs15mins until Songs From The Film is released!

Fuck I'm pumped!

Tonight i could already buy it at a Dutch record shop 

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1
6 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

7hrs15mins until Songs From The Film is released!

Fuck I'm pumped!

On iTunes in Australia right now- check it out,

• Like 1

Does seem a bit strange to release your first studio album for years to great acclaim, then make a movie of it, then release live versions of the same album all within a five month period. It's a wonderful album though and I am really looking forward to seeing the film and listening to the songs played in a live setting.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, MacBruce said:

Does seem a bit strange to release your first studio album for years to great acclaim, then make a movie of it, then release live versions of the same album all within a five month period. It's a wonderful album though and I am really looking forward to seeing the film and listening to the songs played in alive setting.

Just think of the money. They are.

• Haha 1

im just planning on enjoying 

maybe it was litterly an after thought kind of like what he has said on the matter 

i have brought 2 versions of SS and 18 tracks without too much grumble 

but this trully is a wounderful project

we arnt getting a tour and this is the next best thing except its better quality than Mr Nuggs gives us (and i mean no disrespect to nuggs ) 

7 hours ago, MacBruce said:

Does seem a bit strange to release your first studio album for years to great acclaim, then make a movie of it, then release live versions of the same album all within a five month period. It's a wonderful album though and I am really looking forward to seeing the film and listening to the songs played in alive setting.

What I find strange is that Bruce classifies the album as a 'one off' in the way Joad, D+D, Seeger Sessions, Broadway were, yet for all those projects Bruce gigged extensively and played a lot of concerts focusing on the respective material. His utter insistence that he will not tour this album can only be due to the respective ages of the E Street Band, or at the very least he didn't want to do two consecutive non-E Street projects. The best we can hope for, as others have mentioned, is either Western Stars material integrated into the sets, or a Nebraska type mini-set. I personally think the album is strong enough to tour but...

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, bobfan1976 said:

I personally think the album is strong enough to tour but...

I think an extensive tour with an orchestra is quite impractical, don't even know if it's been done before

• Like 1
5 hours ago, 100yrsOld said:

I think an extensive tour with an orchestra is quite impractical, don't even know if it's been done before

Peter Gabriel  has toured with an orchestra.

Orchestras without pop/rock artists tour the world all the time.

Maybe Bruce is keeping Western Stars for a LV residency.

4 minutes ago, Eden said:

Peter Gabriel  has toured with an orchestra.

Orchestras without pop/rock artists tour the world all the time.

Maybe Bruce is keeping Western Stars for a LV residency.

anyone know the seating capacity for NYC's largest concert hall ?

3 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

anyone know the seating capacity for NYC's largest concert hall ?

Don’t know if it’s the largest, but here’s Carnegie Hall info... 

Carnegie Hall's main auditorium is big enough to seat 2,840 people. There are five levels.

11 minutes ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Don’t know if it’s the largest, but here’s Carnegie Hall info... 

Carnegie Hall's main auditorium is big enough to seat 2,840 people. There are five levels.

that would be perfect !

15 hours ago, MacBruce said:

Does seem a bit strange to release your first studio album for years to great acclaim, then make a movie of it, then release live versions of the same album all within a five month period. It's a wonderful album though and I am really looking forward to seeing the film and listening to the songs played in a live setting.

If there were a Western Stars tour, this situation wouldn't have happened. He's said many times the film is for those who wanted to see the album toured live.

14 hours ago, Eileen said:

Just think of the money. They are.

Or maybe "they" were thinking of the fans' desire for a tour so they gave us the next best thing. I'm sure the profits from a DVD and live CD won't come close to what they would make off a tour.

It's interesting how some folk apply a negative shade to so many moves the man makes.

• Like 9

im really really happy about the film being available to purchase so quickly 

despite having a wee bit of a wobble when the film appeared to only being available in so few theatres initinally the release of a dvd blue ray does make it accessable to all which was my first thought when the movie was first anounced

• Like 1

i think this will be our very first blue ray - hmmmm nope i think the river box set was

i think i brought the blue ray so i could watch u tube on the telly screen 

7 hours ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

As soon as I saw/heard Sleepy Joe's Cafe performed in the film, the first thing I thought was that I could see Bruce doing this with E Street on tour.  Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get a song or two live.

Pick the songs you least want to hear live, and you can guarantee they'll be played...

• Haha 3

i always thought the album my dad would have liked the most was the river and i wish we could have discovered it together 

im pretty sure he would have loved BTR and Working on a dream minus my beloved bullet mick

we did lots of sunday drives 

we'd drive 300 km to get an ice cream 

my dad always had a nice stereo and always had really good car stereos

Dad had a wide range of musical tastes and tolerated with good humour all of mine

he would just love this new album 

• Like 2

holy cow (not my exact words). this album is loud:o

i just cranked up the volume like i would with a nugs release and almost feel out of my chair :lol:

i do prefer my Bruce at maximum volume but since i got that flu ear ache thing last year i have to go a bit eaiser :(