BobbyJames

NEW ALBUM: Western Stars - June 14

When the intro to Hello Sunshine starts, Mrs G starts singing Love is in the Air.

2 hours ago, Kay said:

Is that the album with Profiteering on it?  What a great tune that is.  

I think you’re thinking of “Privateering” of the eponymous album... :)

1 hour ago, AMIW said:

has anyone mentioned that he went to school with Auntie yet - if not consider it mentioned....

Thought we could escape it for once but I guess not.

47 minutes ago, Tom-Joad said:

I think you’re thinking of “Privateering” of the eponymous album... :)

That is what I'm thinking of, haha.  

1 hour ago, Kent Guitar said:

When the intro to Hello Sunshine starts, Mrs G starts singing Love is in the Air.

Oh dear God.  This song may stick with me now.  

Thanks a lot.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tom-Joad said:

If only someone could make this happen! In fact, a whole album of Bruce + Lucinda duets would be great!

Wouldn’t that be something?!

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 2

3 hours ago, BITUSA said:

I believe the comments regarding "Lazy Voice" are referencing a comment I made about "Lazy Singing".

I still say that. His VOICE IS natural, weary and torn. I realise that. BUT his SINGING is not Singing to me. It's just speaking. It's A LAZY SINGING effort. He did not stretch himself, even in the rare uplifting portions of the song. A song  I still love. And a song that gave me a sleepless night, humming that damn melody in my head all night.

I don't hear that at all. To me his voice and singing style here suit the music perfectly.

I don't think it's lazy, I think it's a style that he purposely used to great effect.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Ozboss1999 said:

I don't hear that at all. To me his voice and singing style here suit the music perfectly.

I don't think it's lazy, I think it's a style that he purposely used to great effect.

Thank you. Agree 100% 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Karembu said:

Much like my preference for ESB material, I love Dire Straits (Making Movies is an awesome album) but find Knopfler’s solo work a little dull and insipid.  However, a good friend has seen him solo a few times and swears his voice is still mint and really enjoys some of his solo work but I think he has faded from the public consciousness a little for sure.  Still tours around the U.K. though.

He started a Euro tour in Barcelona two nights ago.  The Knopflerverse is going ballistic, as he *didn't* play Sultans of Swing.

He's ignored Australia and New Zealand for over a decade, and there's rumours this is his last tour.

As much as I love the man's music, given the setlist - which doesn't move much - I won't be flying over to see him.

Sneak peak here:

• Love Love Love! 1

Nearly half a million views in less than 24hrs and trending on YouTube. 

You still got it Brucie boy! 

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 2

20 minutes ago, Weinburger said:

Nearly half a million views in less than 24hrs and trending on YouTube. 

You still got it Brucie boy! 

He was trending on Twitter here this morning.

18th but it is footy season here and we are in the middle of a federal election.

• Like 1

Love this song... first  listen was in my car at 5:30 AM (sunrise) driving through Skagit Valley farm Country, just me, sleeping cows, open fields flying by at 60 mph. 

Instantly my favorite song in at least a decade by anybody. Great performance, great tone, excellent subject. 

This album is going to be much better than I originally thought, and I already thought it would be his finest solo work since Nebraska.  

• Like 5
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

:huh:  While Bruce normally uses a picture of himself on his covers... why now the picture of a horse's behind? 

Anyhow, I hope There Goes My Miracle is next up. 

2 hours ago, Captain Puget said:

Love this song... first  listen was in my car at 5:30 AM (sunrise) driving through Skagit Valley farm Country, just me, sleeping cows, open fields flying by at 60 mph. 

Instantly my favorite song in at least a decade by anybody. Great performance, great tone, excellent subject. 

This album is going to be much better than I originally thought, and I already thought it would be his finest solo work since Nebraska.  

That sounds like the perfect way to experience this song for the first time.

• Like 1

I can't quite believe how positively this song has been received. I haven't been on the lake for any other new stuff and, to be honest, I was expecting to have to take a break to avoid negativity! Great that I have been proved wrong, yet again!

• Like 8

This is fabulous, richly dark and moody lyrically, totally get 'the depression' links, and as is his trademark fools you by wrapping it around infectious arrangements and lovely dovetails such as the piano.

Its brilliant

• Like 4

All I can think about now is how hard arena tickets will be for these shows if he tours with the album. If this song is an indication of how popular this album is going to be with the fan base, coupled with our stadium show fatigue, it’s going to be one hell of a scramble. 

At least it will be seated only so I can justify doing multiple shows by travelling on the day rather than the day before to get in the pit. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

All I can think about now is how hard arena tickets will be for these shows if he tours with the album. If this song is an indication of how popular this album is going to be with the fan base, coupled with our stadium show fatigue, it’s going to be one hell of a scramble. 

At least it will be seated only so I can justify doing multiple shows by travelling on the day rather than the day before to get in the pit. 

Well it will be more entertaining than watching United........

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Michigan Line said:

Well it will be more entertaining than watching United........

Now now!

:huh:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Silvia said:

It's a melancholic song about a restless man, feeling tired of running away from his own mistakes and his responsibilities. Sunshine is a girl he is addressing, trying to convince her he has changed.

It's a beautiful balad about getting your life sorted out, after you had hit the bottom.

This is how I'm hearing it. 

Totally agree that its a beautiful song. 

I don’t think it’s a bad thing that we interpret it differently.

• Like 4