BobbyJames

NEW ALBUM: Western Stars - June 14

Seriously, I do love the idea of a Bruce album full of strings. I'm a sucker for that.  Check out Van's Avalon Sunset as exhibit A.

• Like 6

OK, just heard Hello Sunshine on ESR, and as I was driving, I said what is this shit. I'll be passing on this one. 

And if he tour's off this album, I'll go if tix's are about $50.00 or less. 

Bring on Born in the USA tour. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

So, the new album is actually seven years old.

Crappest album cover EVER. Imagine that little baby on your t shirts and hoodies. It'd be like wearing dinosaur pyjamas.

5 minutes ago, J said:

Crappest album cover this side of WOAD anyhow. 

Personally speaking, and I can't stress enough that this is my opinion only, I couldn't give a big flying furry one if the album cover contains a picture of Bernard Manning's ball sack.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

35 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Hitch Hikin'.

You better get that one right, Bruce. I've never known it to be two words, so I'm already dubious.

I was hoping this was a collaboration between the two of you:wub:

1 minute ago, Promise61 said:

Seriously, I do love the idea of a Bruce album full of strings. I'm a sucker for that.  Check out Van's Avalon Sunset as exhibit A.

Probably the Van album more I play more than any other. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, unclejosh said:

Pass for me but am happy for those excited and were waiting for new material.  I envy you.

Catch a grip FFS. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

OK, just heard Hello Sunshine on ESR, and as I was driving, I said what is this shit. I'll be passing on this one. 

Well, there we go with the first naysayer who has actually heard something! My tastes and JJ's tend not to be too similar, so I am still excited...

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Hitch Hikin'.

You better get that one right, Bruce. I've never known it to be two words, so I'm already dubious.

The second I read that song title I thought of you. :D

• Like 4
  • Love Love Love! 2

6 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

"Bruce Springsteen, never knowingly under sold."

Isn't under sold one word? ;):lol:

Ok, I'll take a hitch hike.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Ozboss1999 said:

I'm excited, but also nervous after reading that Patti's vocals are featured...I hope they are very subtle. Not that quavery stuff over the top of everything.

I have to agree with this.  However, if Patti's work on this is low-key it will be a first for her.  The more I think about it the more I begin to fear for this album, but I hope we're proved wrong.

• Like 2

It was just on E Street Radio

So bootleggers out there in radioland, roll your tapes

9 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Personally speaking, and I can't stress enough that this is my opinion only, I couldn't give a big flying furry one if the album cover contains a picture of Bernard Manning's ball sack.

Then the record would be called Southern Nuts, surely?

• Haha 1

Midnight ET, that's, what, 6 a.m. in the UK?

I'll be grabbing Zs after the NFL draft then.

Just now, lilbud said:

It was just on E Street Radio

So bootleggers out there in radioland, roll your tapes

Have you heard it?

From Rolling Stone:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/bruce-springsteen-western-stars-album-827040/

Western Stars is Springsteen’s first album of new, original songs since 2012’s Wrecking Ball. “[The] record is influenced by Southern California pop music of the Seventies” he told Variety in December. “Glen Campbell, Jimmy Webb, Burt Bacharach, those kinds of records. I don’t know if people will hear those influences, but that was what I had in my mind. It gave me something to hook an album around; it gave me some inspiration to write.”

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, THUE said:

Pass, meaning what? Just curious. 

Pass meaning I have no interest in solo Bruce in general and even less after reading the descriptions of the music and themes.  Just not for me.  But I hope those that like him solo really enjoy it.

13 minutes ago, risingaurora said:

Catch a grip FFS. 

No grip to catch but thanks for your worthless comment.

1 minute ago, unclejosh said:

No grip to catch but thanks for your worthless comment.

No problem.

• Like 2

From USA Today:

The album was teased on Springsteen’s social media account this week with rustic, haunting images from what appeared to be the Joshua Tree National Park in California and other points west.

Springsteen has stated that he will not be touring with the E Street Band in 2019. The “Western Stars” release did not include any info about solo shows, nor did it suggest any were coming.  

“Before I go back to my day job, the year will be consumed with a break after our Broadway run and various recording projects I’ve been working on,” said Springsteen, 69, on social media last December. “We do hope to see you soon, and until then, we have some mighty E Streeters out there regularly performing with their own projects who’d love and deserve your support.”

Upcoming albums from E Street Band members include “Summer of Sorcery” from Little Steven and the Disciples of Soul on May 3; “Blue with Lou” from Nils Lofgren on Friday, April 26; and a new album from Jake Clemons.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Looks like I may enjoy this one, then! :) 

• Haha 3

Just listening to the song, go check out siriusxm's e street radio, second time in one hour that they are playing the song. It's on now so hurry. 

• Like 2