BobbyJames

NEW ALBUM: Western Stars - June 14

Just now, Nbaer said:

Just listening to the song, go check out siriusxm's e street radio, second time in one hour that they are playing the song. It's on now so hurry. 

Is there an easy was to get E St Radio in Europe?

23 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

OK, just heard Hello Sunshine on ESR, and as I was driving, I said what is this shit. I'll be passing on this one. 

And if he tour's off this album, I'll go if tix's are about $50.00 or less. 

Bring on Born in the USA tour. 

Not a big fan then, JJ?

1 minute ago, Lambkin said:

Is there an easy was to get E St Radio in Europe?

Sure, just go on their online streaming site: https://player.siriusxm.com/now-playing and search for e street radio, then you should be able to listen,  works fine from switzerland.

So, if Bruce’s 2019 is to be, “consumed with...various recording projects” he’s been working on, we now have one of those locked in.  BITUSA/Nebraska to follow? Then one (or more) of the “shelved” albums we hear about from time to time? Tracks 2?

This could be a big year.

14 minutes ago, Silvia said:

Have you heard it?

I wish

• Sad 1

Actually heard Hello Sunshine twice this morning on the way to work...Seems Estreet Radio is playing it every 45 minutes to an hour or so...It's not bad...I'll have to hear more of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you go onto sirius fm's e-street radio, skip back an hour and then skip like 4 tracks forward you can listen - doing so now, sounding good and exactly what I was thinking it would be!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Ozboss1999 said:

I'm excited, but also nervous after reading that Patti's vocals are featured...I hope they are very subtle. Not that quavery stuff over the top of everything.

They'll no doubt be drowned out by the sweeping cinematic strings. 

• Like 1

Haven't read through this yet but I guess those of that are "gullible" ain't so gullible after all.  

• Thanks 1

Not overly thrilled with album's thematic/musical descriptions. Appears to be "Devils & Dust 2".
Was surely looking forward to something rockin'. Maybe time to forego that hope.........:(

33 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Personally speaking, and I can't stress enough that this is my opinion only, I couldn't give a big flying furry one if the album cover contains a picture of Bernard Manning's ball sack.

I think I agree. However, to be sure, I'd have to google "Bernard Manning's ball sack" and I can't do that at work. 

• Haha 4

Just finished my first listen - I like it a lot, although it is very different

Particularly noted that:

I'd never really heard him sing like that before, definitely can see the 60/70s Southern California influences in the vocals, some of which sounded almost country/western

The orchestration was great and really added to the song, very reminiscent of old movie scores

I couldn't really take in the lyrics on my first listen (always an overwhelming experience, isn't it?) but the main melody was good and is sticking with me now, which is always a good sign

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1

8 minutes ago, Nbaer said:

Sure, just go on their online streaming site: https://player.siriusxm.com/now-playing and search for e street radio, then you should be able to listen,  works fine from switzerland.

Thought I'd hate it but I rather like it. Not sure an entire album like this is a dream come true but I'm open minded

• Like 2

I can hear Glenn Campbell in this first cut...

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BobbyJames said:

If you go onto sirius fm's e-street radio, skip back an hour and then skip like 4 tracks forward you can listen - doing so now, sounding good and exactly what I was thinking it would be!

This works! Thanks!

• Like 1

Other Bruce albums featuring horses on the cover. (Bruce Cockburn featuring Alex Colville's Horse and Train.)

horse_and_train_night_vision.jpg

Just heard second half of it. Thought it was nice. It is different. Liked the lyrics I heard and the production.

Its not “big” Bruce but I’m good with that.

Excited.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Tom-Joad said:

This works! Thanks!

No worries, glad I could help and enjoy!

1 hour ago, J said:

I'm not sure if I love or hate the cover. 

I'm in the latter camp.  Do I really care though, hell no!

Just listened to Hello Sunshine and as expected it isn't for me BUT I really like the tone of his voice.  It sounds strong and clear.  What year what it recorded?

• Like 2

So, first impression...

Much, ,much better than the album cover!

Sounds country. Good country. Melody reminds me of something but I can't quite put my finger on it. Sounds like something you'd slowly dance to at the end of a warm day. I could see Kris Krstofferson doing this except it's a bit cleaner and sweeter.

So far I've got to say it's much better than I expected.

• Like 4