Greasy Lake Community

NEW ALBUM: Western Stars - June 14

Folks get out there and pre order your albums!

Madonna vs. Bruce New Albums Coming June 14th: Springsteen is Already Number 1 on Amazon, Madge is at 97

But here’s the catch: Madonna is including CDs or paid downloads with her concert tickets. If ticket buyers redeem their links or CDs, it will count on the charts as a sale. It’s quite possible that Madonna will edge out Bruce at number 1 based on this crazy catch.

https://www.showbiz411.com/2019/06/06/madonna-vs-bruce-new-albums-coming-june-14th-springsteen-is-already-number-1-on-amazon-madge-is-at-97

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

I'm beginning to think the only bad reviews I'm gonna see will be right here on Greasy Lake.

Head over to BTX, probably some negative reviews there already before the albums even been heard 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ann Jones said:

My sister texted me (having read today's Guardian) did I know Bruce has a new album coming out? She really doesn't know me that well...

My sister sent me an e-mail to work this morning, they really think we don't know. :lol:

• Haha 4

Popping into Cardiff tomorrow to get the new 14 CD Bob Dylan live set covering the Rolling Thunder period.  I'm guessing Bruce will be in competition with this and Steven's new album for record of the year.  At least, here in Promise Towers.

2 hours ago, Ann Jones said:

My sister texted me (having read today's Guardian) did I know Bruce has a new album coming out? She really doesn't know me that well...

A dear friend sent me a ‘I know you already know, but I just saw this and it reminded me of you...’ text about the Blinded By the Light movie.  

He knows me well :D

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

11 hours ago, kevharrison said:

Oh. It will leak. Maybe already has and it’s just not spread yet.

I gave up leaking around 1983, but I still have to get up a couple of times per night...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I was listening to  a Joe Pug Songwriters Podcast this week on one of my walks. If you’ve never listened to Joe Pug ‘Live at Lincoln Hall’ honestly fill yer boots it’s wonderful anyhow.... 

He spoke at great length about records being perfect in terms of sound, recording etc.... and that can be detrimental to the record and it got me thinking how Darkness on the Edge of Town sounds like it was recorded with thick shaggy carpets on the wall ha ha but is a masterpiece but Springsteen’s latest efforts almost sound too perfect in terms of production & sound and have lost their way on what makes Bruce, Bruce.

i honestly believe that of the 3 songs I’ve heard so far they’ll all sound better on an archive release in 2045 ha ha when most of us are dead or half deaf ha ha.

Clinical Bruce leaves me cold. The best example I can think of was hearing Real World on Human Touch compared to hearing it in bootlegs in 2005 acoustic on the Devils & Dust tour. Thoughts???? I’ll 

1 hour ago, Citysmith said:

I was listening to  a Joe Pug Songwriters Podcast this week on one of my walks. If you’ve never listened to Joe Pug ‘Live at Lincoln Hall’ honestly fill yer boots it’s wonderful anyhow.... 

He spoke at great length about records being perfect in terms of sound, recording etc.... and that can be detrimental to the record and it got me thinking how Darkness on the Edge of Town sounds like it was recorded with thick shaggy carpets on the wall ha ha but is a masterpiece but Springsteen’s latest efforts almost sound too perfect in terms of production & sound and have lost their way on what makes Bruce, Bruce.

i honestly believe that of the 3 songs I’ve heard so far they’ll all sound better on an archive release in 2045 ha ha when most of us are dead or half deaf ha ha.

Clinical Bruce leaves me cold. The best example I can think of was hearing Real World on Human Touch compared to hearing it in bootlegs in 2005 acoustic on the Devils & Dust tour. Thoughts???? I’ll 

The Stone's Exile On Main Street sounds like it was recorded in a humid swamp somewhere and is one of the greatest things in existence. 

• Like 1

On 6/1/2019 at 8:08 PM, stevie54uk said:

we go on hols on 14th ordered on amazon so will take Alexa with me as unlikely to arrive before we go

buy it in the states 

i brought a BITUSA in Canada just in case i got lucky (we staked out the back entrance to no avail) and anyway it looked way different to my NZ copy 

(doubt that would happen these days)