BobbyJames

NEW ALBUM: Western Stars - June 14

On 6/2/2019 at 4:11 AM, Promise61 said:

It's worth noting, that all recent vinyl issues from Bruce (and Steven) come with a code to download a free mp3 version. 

i don't trust that. it hasn't worked for my 'location ' in the past

2 hours ago, Citysmith said:

I was listening to  a Joe Pug Songwriters Podcast this week on one of my walks. If you’ve never listened to Joe Pug ‘Live at Lincoln Hall’ honestly fill yer boots it’s wonderful anyhow.... 

He spoke at great length about records being perfect in terms of sound, recording etc.... and that can be detrimental to the record and it got me thinking how Darkness on the Edge of Town sounds like it was recorded with thick shaggy carpets on the wall ha ha but is a masterpiece but Springsteen’s latest efforts almost sound too perfect in terms of production & sound and have lost their way on what makes Bruce, Bruce.

i honestly believe that of the 3 songs I’ve heard so far they’ll all sound better on an archive release in 2045 ha ha when most of us are dead or half deaf ha ha.

Clinical Bruce leaves me cold. The best example I can think of was hearing Real World on Human Touch compared to hearing it in bootlegs in 2005 acoustic on the Devils & Dust tour. Thoughts???? I’ll 

regarding the Darkness album i think at the time that was the sound they were aiming for

8 hours ago, maccawings said:

Well, I heard the Swiss were famous for leaking!  I mean, even their cheese has holes in it

No leaks in Holland though!

dutch-boy.png

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

buy it in the states 

i brought a BITUSA in Canada just in case i got lucky (we staked out the back entrance to no avail) and anyway it looked way different to my NZ copy 

(doubt that would happen these days)

we are going to north wales for a doggie holiday with boyo, not going to states till october but will sure browse any inde record shops if there is any around snowdonia

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stevie54uk said:

we are going to north wales for a doggie holiday with boyo, not going to states till october but will sure browse any inde record shops if there is any around snowdonia

any holiday is a good holiday

have a great time 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, stevie54uk said:

I misread that first time.

• Haha 3

Is anyone else surprised it hasn't leaked yet? I seem to recall that the last few have been available to download in the darkest corners of the internet a week or so in advance.

2 hours ago, stevie54uk said:

Have a lovely time. Oscar is taking us to the seaside in Sussex next week too. Weather forecast not looking great, but not a lot we can do about that! 

Making a detour via Cheltenham on the way home to pick up my copy.

1 hour ago, Ann Jones said:

Have a lovely time. Oscar is taking us to the seaside in Sussex next week too. Weather forecast not looking great, but not a lot we can do about that! 

Making a detour via Cheltenham on the way home to pick up my copy.

we go on 14th so hoping to get it before we go but it ill be on amazon music anyway, yea have fun weather aint to good next week, not to hopeful for week we go either but you cant change it

16 hours ago, Citysmith said:

Clinical Bruce leaves me cold. 

Does not compute for me.  

14 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

i don't trust that. it hasn't worked for my 'location ' in the past

Aye.

I had issues with the Steven album.  E mailed them and they resolved it pretty quickly.  The record company/artist contract out this downloading stuff ( as Bruce does with Nugs) so sometimes it needs a shove and a 1000 yard stare.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

5 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Aye.

I had issues with the Steven album.  E mailed them and they resolved it pretty quickly.  The record company/artist contract out this downloading stuff ( as Bruce does with Nugs) so sometimes it needs a shove and a 1000 yard stare.

im really happy you got yours sorted

i got sn automated reply ......and then nothing. it was the remaster vinyl the first box set

21 minutes ago, Thunder Roadie said:

Its out on thursday !!!! 4 days to go  WHoopeee!!!!!:D

Thursday?

Daisey in living in the future land will have it whilst we're still on Thursday. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

I'm beyond eager for this record.

Me too.

I cannot wait.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Buddhabone said:

Me too.

I cannot wait.

Yep, even wishing for my holiday to be over and we haven't even left home yet!

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Haha 1

Really looking forward to this. Have a lot of work to do this week and can't wait to unwind with a brand new Bruce record. Judging by Hello Sunshine and Tuscon Train, this one's going to be right up my alley.

• Love Love Love! 1

3 hours ago, Hitchslap said:

Really looking forward to this. Have a lot of work to do this week and can't wait to unwind with a brand new Bruce record. Judging by Hello Sunshine and Tuscon Train, this one's going to be right up my alley.

Me too.

I have preordered the vinyl, so hoping I can take it home on Friday, crack open a beer and take it all in. I will avoid any leaks or Spotify plays and opt to listen to the whole thing through when I get home.

Is this how other 32 year olds spend their Friday nights?

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1

29 minutes ago, The_Magic Rat said:

Me too.

I have preordered the vinyl, so hoping I can take it home on Friday, crack open a beer and take it all in. I will avoid any leaks or Spotify plays and opt to listen to the whole thing through when I get home.

I'll download the album and open a bottle of wine.

I'm 45.

:P

36 minutes ago, The_Magic Rat said:

Me too.

Together with the booklet with the lyrics in my hand Reading during the listening

• Like 3