BobbyJames

NEW ALBUM: Western Stars - June 14

I know y'all are probably gonna hate me, but we can't allow links to unofficial sources to unreleased materials

It risks our good relationship with Bruce Inc. as well as exposes us to the possibilities of lawsuits.

I will take these down, please don't post more - what y'all do off this site is none of our business (wink wink)

We shouldn't have to tell you that we don't allow posts with illegal content. We are especially (but not only) referring to the inclusion of officially released, copyrighted audio or video files in posts

It's exactly my kind of song.

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

not quite sure, but I think it's the first cover without his name on it...

A Horse With No Name ? :D

Very happy with the first tune. I have a soft spot for country music and this hit the target. Hope for more of the same with the album. 

Agree on cover though, should have gone with the truck photo minus the dyed hair! Patti have a word!

• Like 1

Just now, CmonMrTrouble said:

I know y'all are probably gonna hate me, but we can't allow links to unofficial sources to unreleased materials

It risks our good relationship with Bruce Inc. as well as exposes us to the possibilities of lawsuits.

I will take these down, please don't post more - what y'all do off this site is none of our business (wink wink)

But what about all of the countless youtube videos that get posted of official releases by Bruce and other artists and what about all the PMs people might send me and disturb my solitude?

A touch obsessed with this track.

I tend to find other album tracks are always more rewarding than the lead off single.

That bodes well in this case.

• Like 3

Most obvious question, but this is the record that's been mentioned on and off for the last few years? Certainly fits that description. I loved Hunter of Invisible Game so if the record sounds like that I'd be happy.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

For those who can't access it. The sound quality isn't perfect, but the single is out in the morning and we can all buy it.

Thank you. That really made my day, lovely song. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jerseyfornia said:

But what about all of the countless youtube videos that get posted of official releases by Bruce and other artists and what about all the PMs people might send me and disturb my solitude?

You guys know I love ya, but what happens everywhere else on the internet isn't going to be our responsibility.

I understand no one means harm, and everyone is excited about it.

I am also seeing Bruce Inc is taking down YouTube postings of the song almost as fast as people are posting it -  I am going to read into that and discern that this music is intended to be sold tomorrow and on album release day - and that the record company and Bruce's people are protecting it.

• Thanks 1

I think this is a beautiful song for the road.

Love the ending, right after he stops singing. I don't know why, but I think it's special. 

• Like 1

Just now, CmonMrTrouble said:

You guys know I love ya, but what happens everywhere else on the internet isn't going to be our responsibility.

I understand no one means harm, and everyone is excited about it.

I am also seeing Bruce Inc is taking down YouTube postings of the song almost as fast as people are posting it -  I am going to read into that and discern that this music is intended to be sold tomorrow and on album release day - and that the record company and Bruce's people are protecting it.

You misunderstand me. I was referring to all the youtube videos posted here on the Lake.

I'm not fighting city hall. I get it. But my question is legitimate.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

I'm not nearly as powerful as JoanFontaine :D

I don't mind you or anyone asking, that's not "fighting city hall" as we are all on the same team

Frankly, we have no control on what is available on YouTube - if one of the postings there works, feel free to link it, but those are being taken down as quickly as posted -

So, when some other site takes the risk of "posting" the music, that's not the same as us hosting the source link

It's a fine line, but it's a legal one.

• Like 1

The song has a TunnelOfLove-esque melody and signing, nice lyrics, interesting arrangement, and overall a scent of Americana music. It's a good song, I like it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tom-Joad said:

THIS IS A DISGRACE! Why isn't the new song on Youtube yet?? Damn Landau...

Because it was removed within 30 seconds of it being posted

6 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

A touch obsessed with this track.

I tend to find other album tracks are always more rewarding than the lead off single.

That bodes well in this case.

Oh I agree! Colour me obsessed too, and quite pleased to think that there might be even better songs waiting to be discovered on the album.

There's a lush, gorgeous, romantic feel to this song that's right up my alley. And I love how mellow and lovely Bruce's voice sounds on it too. 

• Like 1

I am probably being a bit dim here, but if it is being played hourly on E Street Radio, why are they so concerned about taking down You Tube? Not having a go at the mods here, btw, just curious. 

1 hour ago, Captain Chaos said:

Not a big fan then, JJ?

You know it's just not me, and to be honest it's only one song.