BobbyJames

NEW ALBUM: Western Stars - June 14

Overall I love this album. Listening again right now to Stones, which I think is incredible.

I only don't like two tracks - Sleepy Joe's Cafe, and I still don't like There Goes My Miracle. (maybe it's something about the way Bruce sings the word Miracle in the chorus). But 11 out of 13 ain't a bad ratio, and maybe more listens...this is just from one listen.

I'm really glad it's this great overall.

God, the production is just fantastic...

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Bruce Springsteen

3 hrs · 

#WesternStars releases tonight. Tune in at midnight ET for the official video https://BruceSpringsteen.lnk.to/WesternStars/youtube

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Just back from the launch party... the album is INCREDIBLE!! Honestly I felt so emotional listening to it and there’s so many songs where I just know with a few more listens will become ultimate favourites

i cant wait to hear it again!

• Like 7
  • Love Love Love! 2

So happy to get a Western Stars lyric book. I’m going to treasure it for sure. Also picked up a poster for the launch party that’s nice and a Western Stars coaster too! 

0C3D97C3-23A4-4B88-8DC1-C061DC4D101B.thumb.jpeg.74be45bc971ea7ac91b72eb4a29b23c7.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Love Love Love! 3

For those who don't have the album yet, they are also uploading the songs to the official youtube channel currently:

Here is Western Stars: 

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

3 minutes ago, Wout said:

For those who don't have the album yet, they are also uploading the songs to the official youtube channel currently:

Here is Western Stars: 

Cheers for the heads up Wouty boy, I was just searching for "Sundown" for the other thread! 

• Like 1

This might just be my favorite at the moment

But I need to listen to the entire album once more! So far I gave it only 1 spin! I'm looking forward to tomorrow, to listen to it all day :D 

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Here is the complete playlist:

Love love love!!! <3   

Brucie is the best!!

• Love Love Love! 1

Those first two tracks!!!!

And how about Sundown!! 

:wub::wub:

• Bruuuuce! 1

First listen - 8/10. Better than Seeger, HH, D&D. Even with WOAD. A bit worse than Magic and The Rising. But it was the first listen, we'll see. 

Tracks 1-5 do not flow as great as from 6-13 I think. And I really enjoyed listening 6-13... Stones, Miracle, Motel and Sundown are early favourites. 

• Like 2

Anyone else getting a connection between Chasin' Wild Horses and Your Own Worst Enemy? In the vocals. 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

29 minutes ago, Wout said:

Here is Western Stars: 

I don’t think these are available in the states right now.  Just tried and said video currently unavailable

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Tim1218 said:

I don’t think these are available in the states right now.  Just tried and said video currently unavailable

oh - yeah, they're not.

hope they are soon for those here who are undecided or who can't afford any CDs at all

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Me and Frank said:

In case anyone missed this a few pages back. Daisey, you should write at 2am all the time, this is probably as good a review as any we’ll read in the next few days. :)

why thank you Me and Frank, i appreate the compliment 

i think its the glasses 

i don't have to expand the screen ginormously anymore :lol:

also i hurt my back carrying a big bag of cat food after doing my first online grocery shop yesterday, i can bearly move

im really feeling like Bruce's  older people today but i must say i do love the line

i got two pins in my ankle and a busted collar bone (im.going to be quoting that alot) a steel rod in my leg but it still walks me home

• Sad 1

This really is a great album. Was grateful to be able to download this morning, looking forward to spinning the vinyl a few times over the weekend with a Scotch or 2. One to sit back and listen to.

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Looking forward to getting the CD delivered tomorrow and listening to what sounds like a great new Bruce album. Not that I am at all surprised that he has released yet another great album. He's been doing that for decades. The man is in a class of his own.

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

3 hours ago, Silvia said:

When were you sleeping?  

:D

i had 2 hours sometime after 5.30 :lol:

but i did doze in a chair for a wee bit after i got up 

it was weird, the neighbour went out at 3.30.and at 4.30 Borris was fixated with something out the window 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wout said:

Here is Western Stars: 

that's really nice they are doing that

thats how they should do it as soon as it leaks so there are 'no verified' fans 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rachelharms said:

So happy to get a Western Stars lyric book. I’m going to treasure it for sure. Also picked up a poster for the launch party that’s nice and a Western Stars coaster too! 

0C3D97C3-23A4-4B88-8DC1-C061DC4D101B.thumb.jpeg.74be45bc971ea7ac91b72eb4a29b23c7.jpeg

Love it.  

• Bruuuuce! 1

1 hour ago, hayleyg said:

Just heard Sleepy Joe's Café...really like the upbeat Tex Mex feel to it. Reminds me a little of his version of Ramrod from the Seeger Sessions...

im high on Bruce juice so i 'liked' your post despite Ramrod with banjos :lol:

1 hour ago, soulcrusader78 said:

Overall I love this album. Listening again right now to Stones, which I think is incredible.

I only don't like two tracks - Sleepy Joe's Cafe, and I still don't like There Goes My Miracle. (maybe it's something about the way Bruce sings the word Miracle in the chorus). But 11 out of 13 ain't a bad ratio, and maybe more listens...this is just from one listen.

I'm really glad it's this great overall.

God, the production is just fantastic...

high praise my friend

im so happy you like it

i can't think of a time i have seen the lake this happy :)

were is @Jimmy James - he's a cheery fellow 

• Love Love Love! 2

2 hours ago, soulcrusader78 said:

oh - yeah, they're not.

hope they are soon for those here who are undecided or who can't afford any CDs at all

Thanks to Wout I just listend to the album. I 've take a tough decision: I will not buy it.

(but Sleepy joe's cafe' will be a hit live  even with the e stree band)

(somewhere north and stones would be amazing  played acustic) 

2 hours ago, risingaurora said:

Anyone else getting a connection between Chasin' Wild Horses and Your Own Worst Enemy? In the vocals. 

Logged in to say just that Brendan. On first listen by a pool in my temporary Florida home

• Like 1