BobbyJames

NEW ALBUM: Western Stars - June 14

Just had my first listen - wow, beautiful album I’m so happy!

There are some fantastic lyrics and stories, the vocal melodies are wonderful and the music behind it is perfect - can’t wait to listen to this many times more...!

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

With hindsight do you think he made the right choices with the 3 lead singles?

Probably the most “radio friendly” but clearly not the best songs on the album. The fact a song as good as Hello Sunshine doesn’t even get into the top half of my album picks is pretty incredible.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SydneyGirl said:

I'm waiting for Saturday when there are no distractions whatsoever. I need to be alone with Bruce. Hang on, let me rephrase that. I need to be alone so I can listen to it for the first time in peace and quiet.

My bet is Saturday will roll into Sunday

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, balboa08 said:

Thanks to Amazon Music, i did not have to wait for the CD i ordered to reach me. In First listen, a great album and at the moment my early favourites are: Hello Sunshine, Tucson Train, Stones, Western Stars and Moonlight Motel

Still waiting on Amazon, should be here today, it was on sale in Sainsbury's this morning, I could have bought it.

22 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

With hindsight do you think he made the right choices with the 3 lead singles?

No.  I was underwhelmed with Miracle but it makes more sense in the context of the album.  Shouldn't have been pre-released as a single.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

These are my top 3 as well, though the order may differ. 

With further thought, "Sleepy Joe" greatly challenges this top 3. 

4 absolute gems on this album, and "Miracle" is growing on me. Christ why didn't alternate reality future me tell me this back in April?!?

Remember this?

Billboard, December 2015

Bruce Springsteen won't be retiring anytime soon. As if a box set, Saturday Night Live appearance and full tour weren't enough to do, the musician announced Wednesday morning (Dec. 9) that he has plans to release a new solo album.

"The project I've been working on is more of a solo project," he told E Street Radio. "It wasn't a project I was going to probably take the band out on. So I said, 'Gee, that's going to push the band playing again until a ways in the future.' It'll be nice to get some playing in so you don't wind up being two or three years between E Street tours. This will give us a chance to get out there and stretch our muscles a little bit."

Or this?

Billboard, July 2016

Next up for Springsteen is a solo album, which Landau calls “a very different kind of record” from Springsteen. As for a release date or supporting tour, “it’s premature to say much about it,” Landau says. “It’s a wonderful record, and we’ll see how the next year unfolds. We’re terrible planners. You have people who know where they’re playing 18 months from now and have all of next summer’s festivals booked, and we just have a knack for not planning that far ahead. That’s our way.”

Landau did provide a little insight into Springsteen’s creative direction. “All I can say is that there is a solo record -- and when I say solo record, I’m not talking about an acoustic record,” he says. “It is, in fact, a very expansive record, a very rich record. It’s one of Bruce’s very creative efforts. Stay tuned, and we’ll see exactly how that shapes up next year.”

Maybe this one...

“This record is a return to my solo recordings featuring character driven songs and sweeping, cinematic orchestral arrangements," explains Springsteen in a statement. "It's a jewel box of a record.”

Well, I guess we now know how that all turned out, hey?

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1

Finally got it, but I can't play it until I go home at 5pm.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, jmw said:

Finally got it, but I can't play it until I go home at 5pm.

...but you got it, that's what counts.

• Like 1

Amazon has let me down for the first time.

Instead of delivering until 11 p.m. today, which I thought was cheeky, now they will do so until the same time tomorrow, which is outrageous.

Luckily, a nice person sent me a copy via internet, but I long to read the lyrics along with listening to the songs AND HAVING THE DAMN THING IN MY HANDS!

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

Still waiting on mine to arrive......Same here with Amazon..now i know about Badlands will order from there in the future....hate Amazon!!!!......determined not to go and listen to the temptations that are being sent via email to hear it...........want it in my hand!!!!! .....frustrated is not the word at the moment................hurry up!!!!! 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, took me long enough said:

And color-coordinated with your bedding no less! 

It was fate :lol:

• Haha 1

In the town next to mine getting my hair done and I forgot they had a HMV so I quickly went in to pick up the Western Stars CD and have the full release day experience. I’ve actually never physically bought an album on release day before, only ever downloads, so I’m glad I got to have that moment. Plus my favourite song from the album - Moonlight Motel - was playing as I walked in to buy it. I’m happy :) 

• Like 2

Just remembered me and Katy got interviewed for a Bruce podcast last night so if you hear us on it I think it was called Bruce Pod or something ?? Then I’d like to formally apologise for sounding whiny and half drunk 

• Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 1

Much more to say later, I think.  But for now, I'll say just this:  Bruce will be guilty of a major crime if he doesn't launch at least a short tour with a string section so we can here these tunes live.

• Like 5
  • Bruuuuce! 1

There is a remarkable review on Backstreets, if you haven't read it, it's worth it. One line struck me especially, describing the cinematic quality the songs provoke: "It's like his next Broadway show is a Western, and Clint Eastwood directed.":)

• Like 4

OMG ..Mine is finally here..shaking!!!!.....off to finally listen!!!! excited is not the word............

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, berlintramp said:

There is a remarkable review on Backstreets, if you haven't read it, it's worth it. One line struck me especially, decribing the cinematic quality the songs provoke: "It's like his next Broadway show is a Western, and Clint Eastwood directed.":)

It's Backstreets. They invented hyperbole.

:D

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, njtransplanttodc said:

Much more to say later, I think.  But for now, I'll say just this:  Bruce will be guilty of a major crime if he doesn't launch at least a short tour with a string section so we can here these tunes live.

I'm guessing there will be some carefully planned TV spots. The reception to this album has been remarkable, so they'll be sure to keep that momentum going or this'll drop from the charts in a few short weeks.

• Bruuuuce! 1

Sleepy Joe’s Cafe / Ricky Wants A Man Of Her Own?

Anyone? :)

• Love Love Love! 1

1 minute ago, Me and Frank said:

Sleepy Joe’s Cafe / Rikki Wants A Man Of Her Own?

Anyone? :)

I heard hints of working on the highway 

• Like 1

First listen, over breakfast this morning, Jan (same age as Bruce less one day) says, “He sounds old...”