Greasy Lake Community

NEW ALBUM: Western Stars - June 14

So far loving it!!! got it on blasting through my speakers...have the whole neighbourhood singing along soon lol.......needs to be loud this one for me (not that im deaf) but although some said it was more sunday morning listening i think its one to be turned up loud to totally appreciate how good it actually is .....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

With further thought, "Sleepy Joe" greatly challenges this top 3. 

4 absolute gems on this album, and "Miracle" is growing on me. Christ why didn't alternate reality future me tell me this back in April?!?

"Western Stars" into "Sleepy Joe" is arguably the best transition on this album.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Redheadedgirl said:

So far loving it!!! got it on blasting through my speakers...have the whole neighbourhood singing along soon lol.......needs to be loud this one for me (not that im deaf) but although some said it was more sunday morning listening i think its one to be turned up loud to totally appreciate how good it actually is .....

Agree. This is not lazy Sunday music 

I have listened to the entire album start to finish a few times now. I really dig the music and melody of Western Stars. I’ve repeated it a few times on full album listens. I read somewhere a week or so ago on a review that the melody resembles “All that Heaven will allow” and I definitely hear it. Just so I’m clear, the “little blue pill” is for depression and not the other thing right?

• Like 1

Just now, The_Magic Rat said:

Agree. This is not lazy Sunday music 

no way.......sometimes the backing is lost when you play it at normal level but wow this is amazing when you listen to it full pelt.....i find parts really moving when they come in...that hit the heatstrings moment .......cannot fault any of it so far ..all have me totally immersed....and the lyrics are wonderful....

3 minutes ago, Buddhabone said:

The title track is so stunning and if you watch the video the feeling goes deeper.

Grew up in Los Angeles and I own two Chihuahuahs!!!

i was giggling at that one too as i own a chihuahuah too lol.........though i didnt grow up in Los Angeles.....

1 minute ago, lilbud said:

I've been listening to the title track all morning back and forth to school. The orchestral break started as I got on a long empty open road.

Really changes the song listening in a car.

Agree totally there..the Orcehstral arrangement is amazing......thats what i meant by  it just grabs you by the heartstrings when least expecting it.........

3 hours ago, AMIW said:

my copy of the album is now in Hapeville.... I am sure Mikey is involved in it taking so long to arrive here:(

package now spotted in Roswell - hopefully the one in GA and not the one in NM?

grey-alien-81.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Wout said:

Man I would really like him to tour with this record. With David, Patti, the strings... I would prefer that over an ESB tour actually. 

I would as well.

1 hour ago, njtransplanttodc said:

Much more to say later, I think.  But for now, I'll say just this:  Bruce will be guilty of a major crime if he doesn't launch at least a short tour with a string section so we can here these tunes live.

Rearranging the songs for the ESB wouldn't do them justice. 

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

2 minutes ago, misty rain said:

I would as well.

Rearranging the songs for the ESB wouldn't do them justice. 

Yep.  The power and majesty and beauty of this album lies in the string arrangements.  We'd have a totally different (and inferior) album without that.  It'd end up a bit like D and D.

• Like 3