BobbyJames

NEW ALBUM: Western Stars - June 14

Just now, janeymarywendy said:

Wait for me, Eileen! Still at work, buying it this evening ... then I have the journey home :rolleyes:

I've heard a couple more on YT - wasn't grabbed by the Wild \horses one but Stones is lovely.

I think you'll like it, Lorraine, very nice.

19 minutes ago, Eileen said:

I love having things to loo forward to so I'm pretty happy just now, knowing there's more to come.

Did you not get my PMs yesterday?

Just now, Promise61 said:

Did you not get my PMs yesterday?

I don't think so. I got one from somebody else … I think he thinks I'm doolally. 

Watch it!

I couldn't work out how to listen to it - downloaded it but my computer wouldn't play it. The Laker - won't say who in case he gets his hand smacked for sending it - said I had to unzip. I told him how very dare he, he wasn't under the boardwalk now you know.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, njtransplanttodc said:

Much more to say later, I think.  But for now, I'll say just this:  Bruce will be guilty of a major crime if he doesn't launch at least a short tour with a string section so we can here these tunes live.

Mmm.  it would be the first time I miss a tour since 1981. Good idea. I eventually will spare some money and my bank account is happy ;)

• Sad 1

Wayfarer now.

I think Bruce fancies himself writing music for cowboy films.

Quite jaunty.

Oh good - the café song's on now. Yes, I'll have to buy it.

Somebody pop to the shops and get me one … I'll put the kettle on.

• Bruuuuce! 1

16 minutes ago, wildbilla said:

Second listening, right now.

Hitch hikin -                 It remind me some  woody guthrie songs   (without strings) 

Wayfarer -                    dont like the production (and neither the song)

tucson train  -              the ''Springsteen'' I love

Western stars -           nice. It reminds me (musically) some  ''stolen cars''  keys  (bur dont like  the  orchestra)

Sleeping joe -                 it's ok. A live hit. (the new jhonny 99? ) 

Drive fast -                   Not an easy song

CHasin wild horses -   A tom joad song , a nice ballad  (without strings)

Sundown -                    No, no, no

Somewhere north..-    A gem.  ( If acustic it  makes me goosebump) Pity it's only 2 minutes.

Stones -                         Second gem . See above.

There goes ..... -           No, no, no, no, no, no no.  

Hello sunshine -           Not my cup of tea

Moolight hotel  -          Third gem 

To sum up: I dont like the production.

I find oppressive that every single track has that  strings orchestra ''crescendo finale''   I dont love at all.

By the way:  Not a bad album, better than Working on a dream and High Hopes (both I didnt buy). 

Since 2009 his second good album being Wrecking ball the first on my personal list, but neither  are masterpieces.

That is My Personal Opinion. 

Funny, your list of likes/dislikes is almost complete opposite compared to my list!! 

Now then, all I need is for Bruce to re-do TGOTJ and D&D - adding a bit of a tune to what's on there.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Silvia said:

Exactly. Or perhaps with the symphonic orchestra - fill all those venues, which are usually reserved for classical music. Operas, theaters... 

Imagine Bruce Springsteen performing at Sydney Opera,  Scala in Milano...

He already played in some kind of theaters even if not la scala - 

Risultati immagini per teatro verdi firenze foto

Risultati immagini per teatro augusteo  foto

Immagine correlata

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Frank said:

For the life of me, I can’t see why Bruce sat so long on this album. Was he looking for the worst possible album cover?

The album is great, and it should have been released five years ago.

He waited for us to grow old enough to really appreciate it? :P

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Very annoyed now in Ffestiniog on holiday album hadn’t come when we left, have just discovered I can’t listen on free amazon music as it doesn’t include auto rip for some reason so I have a weeks wait damn!!!!

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, stevie54uk said:

Very annoyed now in Ffestiniog on holiday album hadn’t come when we left, have just discovered I can’t listen on free amazon music as it doesn’t include auto rip for some reason so I have a weeks wait damn!!!!

Ah, but you're in Ffestiniog … that makes up for it. I love it round there.

My copy has shipped they are saying I will receive  it by 8pm, which is better than the 11pm of yesterday. 

I wasn't too worried as I am at work and it would drive me crazy to think it was sitting in my mailbox while I was working.

Then it occurred to me, I don''t actually have a CD player. I have a CD drive that I could hook up to my laptop, assuming I could find the drive. 

So, I went ahead and bought the thing off iTunes. It has just finished downloading now, so I will be off to enjoy it on my lunch hour. :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stevie54uk said:

Yes, really angry with them over that because it was clearly advertised when I ordered it.  Unfortunately I didn't do a screen grab so they will just deny it. And the CD didn't get delivered till after 3 pm, so there was nothing to be gained by buying from Amazon, I could have gone out and bought it first thing.  Well, we'll know next time, won't we.

15 minutes ago, stevie54uk said:

Blaenau By The Light.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not trailing back through this thread to read everyone's reviews as mine hasn't arrived from Badlands! The only thing keeping me going on a dreadful journey home was the thought that it would be waiting for me...

I am blaming Mr J as he asked them to ship the Dylan boxset at the same time and I am not sure how efficient they are. It better come tomorrow...

• Sad 2

In an immature way I hope Springsteen somehow gets Western Stars to number one ahead of Madonna's album released today as well.  There's an article in the LA Times which compares the two and remembers that Like A Virgin toppled Born in The U.S.A. from number one back in 85.  Bruce previously knocked Purple Rain off the top.  The Big Four then: Jackson, Prince, Madonna and Bruce.

I can appreciate today's listening euphoria, but won't indulge in listening yet.  Not until my daughter has finally finished her last A-level paper (Buddhism) on Monday - I'm helping her prepare a bit.  Then a time to relax.   

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rizla said:

Yes, really angry with them over that because it was clearly advertised when I ordered it.  Unfortunately I didn't do a screen grab so they will just deny it. And the CD didn't get delivered till after 3 pm, so there was nothing to be gained by buying from Amazon, I could have gone out and bought it first thing.  Well, we'll know next time, won't we.

We certainly will

1 hour ago, Wout said:

Funny, your list of likes/dislikes is almost complete opposite compared to my list!! 

:) It could happens.  You know,  as  I mostly love the ''live'' Bruce, probably when I express my thought  about a song , subtly I project it  into how it could be performed live. 

6 hours ago, rachelharms said:

ITS BEAUTIFUL

3E5574AE-2820-4A98-846B-29ACE75D9A14.thumb.jpeg.2854e45f804f56784e7de6f0b75084c4.jpeg08D246E9-8AA3-4B75-8FD0-26FAADF226DC.thumb.jpeg.64ca16be485934439b3ef4bb346527c1.jpeg

I honestly can’t believe I’m holding a new Bruce Springsteen record in my hands 

Would like to say thank you for posting these gorgeous photos... I was quite set on getting the dark blue version from the official US store, because the swirls of white and blue on the UK version didn't look very nice in the sample photo. But this is so beautiful and actually really fitting for the album, now that we've all had the opportunity to listen to it!! Think I'm buying this as a birthday gift for myself :wub:

33 minutes ago, stevie54uk said:

You got data on your phone,the whole albums on you tube .

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Eden said:

You got data on your phone,the whole albums on you tube .

Thanks but I would want to listen in car not on phone and downloading audio isn’t so easy from youtube nowadays especially on iPad or iphone I shall be patient